fourth time lucky
It's that time again. To put yourself forward for the toughest job in online entertainment media today.
If you wish to stand, then please nominate yourselves here; preferably with a bunch of reasons informing the electorate as to why you deserve this most coveted position.
We're looking to elect eight people - no more. Hopefully not less either, but we'll see what demand is like.
Please have your CVs on my desk by 8pm Monday, 20th of June
Here are your current moderating team:
Last edited by Tetris-Rock; 20-06-2011 at 11:22 PM.
fourth time lucky
I didn't think, I just posted
DON'T ALL CROWD AROUND AT ONCE
I think I might put myself forward this time.
'Sue, did the President call?' ... 'No' Last.fm
Naturally, there will be more mystery and ambiguity surrounding my intentions than Cheryl Cole on The X Factor USA.
I am going to try and get back on board.
Safe seat please.
My CV will be presented all in good time.
I'd like to run again, even though I know it was a close run thing last time - I'm just expressing my interest at this point.
The only other thing I'd say about everyone in the current team is that I think we have worked really well together - I've only been there two years, but the difference between this year and last is so noticeable. Moopy has wanted for ages a mod team that make decisions in good time and don't take ages to sort outstanding issues - the last 9 months or so have been so much easier to participate as a moderator. I found there were times in the first year that were like pulling teeth whereas now I can genuinely say it's a pleasure. So my request/advice to Moopy would be: don't rock the boat too much; it's taken a LONG time to get a good mix of people that actually work together effectively. Don't change it just for the sake of it.
Address: London Clique!
● Hard working, enthusiastic and creative Moopy poster with extensive experience in the posting profession
● A self-starter, innovative and always eager to make a major contribution.
● Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people both in writing and orally .
University of Moopy (Oct. 2005 – June 2008)
BA Eurovision (2:1)
Star's Finishing School for Lil' Bitches (Sept. 1998 – July. 2005)
1x A in Winding People Up
3x B in Being Funny, Eurovision Studies, Getting Away With Shit
● Fluent in Swedish
● Proficient in Bullshit
● Working knowledge of how to work a room
Calm and Well-Liked Poster (September 2010-Present)
● Serving an array of comedy and insightful posts in the heart of Moopy Moopy
● Cleaning and preparing the Eurovision forum, taking head count of posters
● Learnt a great deal about coping with pressure and posters in a busy and potentially stressful context, and not lashing out
AWOL Poster (June - September 2010 - Fixed term temp role)
● Role required very high levels of personal organisation, organising myself in life away from the internet.
Reviled and Disliked Poster, General Moopy Moop (June. 2007 – Apr 2010)
● Getting VoR in some serious shit, including having him stripped of his mod title
● No Posting Quality Control
● Telling everyone that Rita was actually a man and having everyone believe it
● Disastrous Moopymeet after Moopymeet, including manipulating money from the Sweden '08 crowd, texting Bronwen that her grandad had died for a joke and having her believe it, coming consistently last in every Moopy Singstar Factor, being 3 hours late for Moonbaby, telling everyone that funky and jonhawk had sex (which they did), making a joke out of Eileen's rape story and no one laughing, telling everyone that funky and delirium had sex (which they did), outting VoR as 'VoR' to his parents ETC
Moopy's 2nd Most Popular poster! (Jan. 2006 – June 2007)
● Being nice to everyone
● Accepting everyone for who they really are
● Never arguing.
● Sticking up for people
● Responsible for ensuring outstanding fees on Moopy posters were identified and reported directly to the head of the accounts team, the now outlawed bandit Dr Lecter
● Managing the archiving process of completed Moopy countdown threads
Unofficial Undercover Mole, Moopy Forums (Aug. 2004 – Jan. 2006)
● Pretending to be a new poster
● Learning a great deal about Moopy Moop, especially within a hospitality setting.
'Six_Pack', Dotmusic Forums (July 2003– Jan. 2004)
● Gaining firsthand experience of working with Moopy under the guise of a fake picture
'Mr Banjax', Dotmusic Forums (April 2003– July 2003)
● Facilitating one of the least successful name changes in the history of Dotmusic/Moopy
'Seb_HDC', Dotmusic Forums (June 2002- Sept. 2002)
● Getting banned 3 times for trashing the Su Pollard forum and calling Sheena! a Nazi.
-Standing up for justice
References: Available from STAR
I didn't think, I just posted
I'm voting for SU.
Top up, Sue?
I like the CV shizzle DON'T GET ME WRONG, but I ain't supporting Suomi as a mod in ANY SHAPE OR FORM.
(wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle)
Top up, Sue?
It's not that. He's barely even here.
Last edited by Agnetha; 07-06-2011 at 08:01 AM.
You may as well employ Emma, Bunty, Tigerclaw and Strebor.
do we neeeeed 8 mods?
I dont think I can have any mod who doesn't believe in tipping. Where's the integrity? The respect for the working man?
I think it's time I threw my hat back into the ring
A vote for VoR is a vote for:
* Experience - I've been a mod in the past and I was very active and vocal in the running of the site.
* Common sense - I believe the best modship should be almost invisible. Responding to people's requests, performing the little functional duties, spam-watching and generally not throwing your weight around.
* Constant vigilence - I'm on here a lot, particularly during office hours when other mods are often "busy" doing "work".
* Specialist care - I frequently keep tabs on the Eurovision, Odeon and chart forums, which need just as much care as the larger forums.
* Disaster - Despite my best intentions I always manage to screw things up spectacularly in the end. So chances are you'll get 10 months of excellent modship followed by an 11th hour scandal that rocks the forum to its very core/gives a few bored homosexuals a giggle. It's win-win really.
Choose Love. Choose Life. Choose VoR.
Last edited by VoR; 07-06-2011 at 09:47 AM.
oh I might go again, seeing as I was so spiffing last time, but only if there aren't enough good people going forward. There were more than enough last time and it all worked out quite well.
Vote Big Ron.
Take your nose off my keyboard.
Why Agnetha as a mod?
Why I hear you ask? He's just a former shadow of his former self – and his former self was the baddest poster Moopy ever had. Well the answer is in the question. He's calmed down a lot. The venom has dried up, but the love of moopy is still there.
I was one of the longest running mods and a previous admin, who under my reign (yeah past glories and all that, but I was the only one who did it!) introduced advertising and the elected mod team amongst other things.
Whilst I quit under one of the many incidents you may call “cwej-gate”, you may have also noticed that particular long running feud is over. So there'll be no irrational banning there. I would however have no issue with ridding the site of ludicrous trolls (see Prawncracker for example). Some softer touches may have issue with this, but I say it's for the greater good of the site.
I really do love Moopy and think despite lower posting levels (something that I fear is irreversible – I genuinely believe the long gone day in day out rows kept post numbers up and social networking keeps them down – no amount of what I call “organised fun” can do much to change this) the site has carved it's own unique place on the internet. And it's evolved. I like how we've become a sardonic reflection of the rest of the related net, which ends up providing some of the most enjoyable reading on the topics we indulge in. Banter is long gone for the most part and we're now at the next stage of Moopy. So long as it stays alive and as long as it stays stimulating I'm all for change.
I am here a fair old amount (despite being significantly reduced from my glory days) and am the second biggest poster month to month. I like any sensible soul uses the 'new posts' so I have my eye on the whole site, most the time. I don't 'hang around' in any particular forum. I am an avid fan of 'related posts' – a great way to keep spot topics worth merging and not in the Sild and his Dialling Wand way. I am also a man obsessed with tags. On a totally selfish note, I'd love to see who is doing what! I don't feel the need to be specifically transparent as a mod. That's Christian's thing. But spontaneity often provides that anyway.
The year or more I have not been a mod I have found myself occasionaly frustrated that when I come up with something for the site I don't have my mod-ship to apply it. Still to this day I have moments of “we should do this... or that”. I am aware that more and more the role of mod is more an administrative one (technical know-how is a benefit). I think this is a good thing. I have increasingly noticed that the Moopy masses get far more say. A far cry from the days of pre-Star. The current mod team has been fantastic and been stunningly efficient. I wish to be part of that again and in the form of a slightly older and wiser Ag.
Last edited by Agnetha; 07-06-2011 at 05:58 PM.
I miss you being a shit bag.
Take your nose off my keyboard.
Oh it still pops up now and again.
I just can't be ARSED for the most part. Real adult life is full of enough of that to bring it on here!
I've decided to stand down this time. Thank you moopy, it's been a BLAST
I'll send my CV in at some point this weekend.
Nothing to see here MOVE ALONG.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)