+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Madonna World Tour 2012

#artforfreedom straightorbroken's Avatar
    It's a great song: strident and slightly pugnacious like Nobody Knows Me, but with a much better chorus and dreamy guitar episode I won't object to if she plays it herself (although clearly it's a STRUTTING number).
    Everyone always asks the question "did they do that digitally or was that really you three times?" No it was me three times.

IT's no Nobody Knows Me but if the tour performance can transform the song like the Reinvention perf did for that song then it could be quite SPECIAL. I do think it's a great track anyway but the production does drown it out somewhat.
    kyoko, it's me

Quote Originally Posted by Jark View Post
    I do think it's a great track anyway but the production does drown it out somewhat.
    As is required by the VOX.
    Everyone always asks the question "did they do that digitally or was that really you three times?" No it was me three times.

Billboard

Ongoing chatter that the Madonna tour, and by extension her multi-rights deal with Live Nation, are underperforming is "baseless," according to sales figures provided by tour producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of Live Nation Global Touring.

The precipitous drop of MDNA in its second week, while certainly not something an artist would want (though the nature of the beast when pricing strategies are geared toward impressive first-week sales), actually has little to do with the performance of Live Nation's 10-year, $120 million multi-rights deal with Madonna. The days of tours supporting records are long gone; for some time now, touring drives record sales, not the reverse, and the Madonna touring business is more than solid.

Madonna Announces 2012 World Tour Dates -- Her Biggest Tour Yet

As for the multi-rights deal, while MDNA is the first album under the 360, the upcoming trek is not the first tour. That would be "Sticky and Sweet" of 2008-2009, which grossed $408 million, according to Billboard Boxscore, the third-highest gross all-time and the highest ever notched by a solo artist. Merchandising is also a component of this tour and in Madonna's case is a significant revenue producer. Finally, given that the entire 360 deal is, at its core, performance-based and assuredly tour-driven in its concept, Madonna is delivering.

Madonna's Deal With Live Nation-Interscope Worth $40 Million

According to Fogel -- the guy who would know -- these are the facts: 76 Madonna shows at arenas and stadiums are on sale in North America and Europe combined. More than 1.4 million tickets have been sold, banking about $214 million for an average in the $2.7 million per show in a mix of stadiums and arenas. And the tour doesn't even begin until May 29 in Tel Aviv, first hitting America in Philadelphia Aug. 28.

Billboard Power 100: Arthur Fogel

Fogel's not sure what to make of the detractors. "This tour is completely on track to end up in the top 10 tours of all time, especially considering we haven't put South America or Australia on sale," he tells Billboard.biz. "To say this tour is not performing is so off base I don't even know what to say. When this tour is said and done, combined with 'Sticky and Sweet,' you're talking $750 million in gross ticket sales. That sounds pretty impressive to me."

If tickets are still available for certain shows, that by no means spells disaster. "One of the things some people don't get is, I don't necessarily want to be sold out at this point; I keep trying to find tickets to sell," says Fogel. "Every day our people are trying to fine-tune the site lines and production kills. That's my job. It's great when you can say 'sold out,' but right now I want to keep finding tickets to sell. That's the game."

Is Madonna Behind Live Nation's Stock Surge?

European dates, which are mostly in stadiums, have come under particular scrutiny. Fogel says the $214 million gross banked so far is spread "pretty evenly" between North America and Europe, and there are 43 shows on sale in North America versus 33 in Europe. "You can do the math," Fogel says, reeling off sales figures. "46,000 in Istanbul, 44,000 in Milan, 39,000 in Florence. We sold out two arenas in Barcelona, two in Berlin, two in Amsterdam, we sold 42,000 in Edinburgh, 40,000 in Helsinki, 51,000 in Paris. If that's trouble, give me more."

Fogel concedes Europe didn't blow up the way North America did, but cites buying patterns for stadium general admission tickets in Europe, and the huge promotional boost of the Super Bowl performance in America as key factors in that disparity.

"She's at the top of her game and she ain't goin' away," he concludes.
    Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna Madonna

I wonder how much she has sold so far for Hyde Park

I’d hate to have a kid like me! Slave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billboard
    The days of tours supporting records are long gone; for some time now, touring drives record sales, not the reverse, and the Madonna touring business is more than solid.
    That doesn't even make sense: "The days of tours supporting records are long gone..." (i.e. tours no longer boost record sales) "...for some time now, touring drives record sales" (i.e. tours boost record sales?)

Dunno about 50-60,000 I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave View Post
    That doesn't even make sense: "The days of tours supporting records are long gone..." (i.e. tours no longer boost record sales) "...for some time now, touring drives record sales" (i.e. tours boost record sales?)
    I think it's just saying that the tour is far more an integral and active part of the campaign, rather than a passive support to back up the album. That's how I read it, anyway.

I’d hate to have a kid like me! Slave's Avatar
    Which seems like making a point for the sake of making a point. I don't recall any major tour NOTABLY boosting record sales, beyond either a tie-in live album which both Madonna and Kylie have done, or the re-appearance of the studio album at the tail-end of the chart which surely is nothing new.

Madonna might well believe that this tour is going to revive 'MDNA' but surely every other person with any common sense knows she's trying to apply the touring logic of an unsigned act promoting their first album to her own tour, when she SHOULD be out there on the TV promo trail.

at this point i wouldn't be surprised if the only thing she cares about is to make some more money
    it definitely looks like she doesn't care about the charts or making music that wouldn't tarnish her legacy

Touring did USED to be to promote records, absolutely, but in this day and age, a LOT LESS SO. Artists are so visible nowadays you don't get the "OH MY SHIT, MADONNA'S IN THE UK" frenzy you used to get in ye olden days that gave the publicity boost...
    Take two of these and meet me in the shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheena View Post
    Touring did USED to be to promote records, absolutely, but in this day and age, a LOT LESS SO. Artists are so visible nowadays you don't get the "OH MY SHIT, MADONNA'S IN THE UK" frenzy you used to get in ye olden days that gave the publicity boost...
    absolutely. Plus the days when albums were released softly and they grew from single releases and touring are over too. Apart from some interesting anomolies, unless you open big out of the gate, you're unlikely to recoup any momentum, especially with the lazy, fickle approach labels have to artists these days.

I just think the bitch realises she will make more getting $500million odd from this tour than $20million from an album or whatever.

Which is a shame but she's all about the cash.

No wonder Guy O is so keen he gets a good whack of it

Another rumoured setlist. Obv taking all these with a pinch of salt but Orbit all but confirmed a new rework of Justify My Love and Gambler appearing again pleases me

Here is the newest setlist making the rounds. We do not know the source. If spoilers aren't your thing, then do not continue reading--- 1. Act of Contrition 2. Girl Gone Wild (contains elements of “Material Girl“) 3. Revolver 4. Gang Bang 5. Papa Don't Preach (New Edit)

6. Video Interlude (contains elements of “Gang Bang“ and “Bang Bang“ by Nancy Sinatra) 7. Hung Up (Martin Solveig Remix) 8. I Don't Give a... (Rock Version with alternative ending) 9. Best Friend (contains elements of “Heartbeat“) 10. Express Yourself (contains elements of “She's not me“)

11. Give Me All Your Luvin' (contains elements of the Just Blaze Remix) 12. Turn up the Radio 13. Open Your Heart (contains elements of “Sagarra Jo“ by Kalakan) 14. Masterpiece (Kid Capri Remix)

15. Video Interlude (contains elements of “Nobody Knows Me“) 16. Justify My Love (William Orbit Remix) 17. Some Girls 18. Deeper and Deeper (contains elements of “I'm a Sinner“) 19. Secret 20. Love Spent (Acoustic Version)

21. Interlude (contains elements of “Celebration“, “Holiday“, “Girl Gone Wild“ and “Satisfaction“ by Benny Benassi) 22. Nothing Really Matters (New Edit) 23. Music (contains elements of “Party Rock Anthem“ and “I'm Sexy and I Know it“ by LMFAO) 24. Gambler (Rock Version) 25. Everybody (contains elements of “Hello“ by Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette) 26. I'm Addicted

27. Celebration (Benny Benassi Remix)

It's like Jark's dream setlist COME TO LIFE with all those 'elements of'.

That's much too good to be true though, I mean: Gambler, Deeper & Deeper, Express Yourself, Nothing Really Matters, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach and Hung Up is a little too perfect.

I'm Addicted needs to close the show though (Celebration can fuck off).
    Last edited by Johnkm; 20-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    'Sue, did the President call?' ... 'No' Last.fm

Of course. Although the "elements of" was in Sticky and Sweet a lot.

I just like reading them cos they never end up like it

I hate that its the acoustic version of Love Spent - despite the fact that I've not heard it, THAT would actually ruin almost the whole thing for me. The She's Not Me inclusion on THAT song is obviously a fan drooling. I also hate whenever Nancy's version gets more attention than the Cher original.

It's far too long anyway.

I LOVE the fact they include Celebration.
    Mariah Carey Productions (A Mariah Carey Company) presents: Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse, an album by Mariah Carey, presented by Mariah Carey, sponsored by Mariah Carey and performed *solely* by Mariah Carey (plus guests). All copyrights by Mariah Carey on behalf of Mariah Carey.

that looks crap.

Express Yourself (contains elements of “She's not me“) - that's quite clever actually

TYLER DURDEN did warn us that the creative director liked his 'samples'!

Quote Originally Posted by funky View Post
    that looks crap.
    I KNOW RIGHT??? how dare she MESS UP LMFAO's MASTERPIECE/CLUB HIT

and LOL at the lack of Pitbull, what a FLOP!
    Mariah Carey Productions (A Mariah Carey Company) presents: Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse, an album by Mariah Carey, presented by Mariah Carey, sponsored by Mariah Carey and performed *solely* by Mariah Carey (plus guests). All copyrights by Mariah Carey on behalf of Mariah Carey.

That looks shit the bed AMAZING. I really was secretly hoping she'd slip Music in there with the LMFAO elements. I can imagine Celebration would be quite the MOMENT too as closer.
    kyoko, it's me

Quote Originally Posted by straightorbroken View Post
    I hate that its the acoustic version of Love Spent - despite the fact that I've not heard it, THAT would actually ruin almost the whole thing for me.
    You should listen to it, it's not actually that different and it's more electronic-acoustic. There's also a weird chanty bit sung by Prescilla Renea.
    kyoko, it's me

You should listen to it, it's not actually that different and it's more electronic-acoustic. There's also a weird chanty bit sung by Prescilla Renea.
    Can you be a doll and upload it in her shoo-bee-doo?

Madonna ticket sales NOT UNDERPERFORMING?

Well

THEY WOULD SAY THAT WOULDN'T THEY

I don't know why they even bother writing these things
    And oh...
    Oh HOW MANY YEARS
    Is it NOW Maurice?

I would be happy with that setlist

Stage rumours

She's using the Pop Idol titles sequence?

Geraldine AND Geri for the support act.

Blatant crap - CANDY SHOP ? Tho i wouldnt put it past her and i do love it

Im totally into the Express Yourself / Born This Way idea as said before....the loons (both) would implode

More set list postings from m.d.n.a - "I'm just reporting what I've been told, this person has never told me a lie before. Things can still change as well. So if none of this turns out to be true don't hate me lol.

JML is a new remix (apparently this is brand new mix not sure if this is a new remix done by orbit as previously mentioned) the vocals seem to be pitched differently and there's a devilish laugh throughout the mix, in the video said to have been filmed by tom munro which features madonna in her underwear with a whip and mask (like featured in the tod perfume advert)she's being chased by carnival people (not sure exactly what that means).

I don't give a and turn up the radio are done on guitar.

Candy shop has samples of erotica in it with a 60's or 70's type vibe.

Express yourself is mixed with born this way and at the end "she's not me" is repeated

I'll add to this later or tomorrow when I hear more."
    Last edited by Dr Lecter; 30-04-2012 at 09:08 PM.

*tumbleweed*
    Looks increasingly likely Express Yourself is mashed up with Born This Way (with elements of Shes Not Me)
    And I'm Addicted is in as well.
    Last edited by Dr Lecter; 15-05-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Looks increasingly likely Express Yourself is mashed up with Born This Way (with elements of Shes Not Me)
    About as subtle as a SLEDGEHAMMER and I wouldn't want it any other WAY!
    kyoko, it's me

It's going to be AMAZING (assuming it's only the chorus of BTW, ie. the only good bit). Not that I ever imagined it wouldn't be in, but at I'm Addicted too.
    'Sue, did the President call?' ... 'No' Last.fm

An EY/BTW mash-up will send the queens into a FRENZY!

So glad that she is acknowledging the BETTER SONG!

Ooooh can't wait for a bit of Golden Circle action to EY/BTW

Express Yourself DONE RIGHT is more than enough and I don't want any Gaga references beyond She's Not Me thrown in there at a PUSH. Good GRIEF, she can FUCK RIGHT OFF if she's going to piss all over her ORIGINAL with a would-be anthem shoehorning every minority bar a one-armed deaf and dumb lesbian in its middle-8.

I want to be Queen of the USA POP!'s Avatar
    Will the crow vox really do "Born This Way" JUSTICE?

Quote Originally Posted by POP! View Post
    Will the crow vox really do "Born This Way" JUSTICE?
    "FEEL THE HEAT, MOTHERFUKKKURRRS""
    Last edited by straightorbroken; 15-05-2012 at 02:49 PM.

About as subtle as a SLEDGEHAMMER and I wouldn't want it any other WAY!
    I was GONNA SAY...