‘It pisses me off that people don't think I sing live’

Discussion in 'Britney Spears' started by Slave, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Suedey

Suedey The name is Rosé. Champagne Rosé.

SLAY ME QUEEN OF BASICS YAAASSSS!!!!

Ellie and Dark Carnival like this.
  2. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

Her voice is gorgeous. She sounds angelic whenever she speaks or sings and I feel blessed to be alive at the same time as her.

3. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

I feel blessed she's still upright and moving, not sure about ALIVE

What on EARTH do her kids think? Surely at some point they've exchanged bemused looks and mumbles only to be told my an ever present aide "Mummy's voice is...different, kids. Be proud of her individuality", which I highly doubt washes as they observe her chugging back a bucket of meds every hour.

Oh to be a fly in that house..

4. Jætike

Jætike Gay horses eat hay

At what point did Britney become a parody and why is everyone playing along with her management?

5. Jark

Jark no gem too sultry

You're all being a little dramatic. She seems quite mentally stable and happy to do her mimetastic tours with some basic armography and earn millions for her kids so good for her.

6. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

Well let's just hope she doesn't start singing on her tours.

7. Raining On Me

I'm sure she already had untold millions as it is, however if it turns out she's completely self aware of how she's turned to complete shit as a performer and is as baffled as the rest of us that she gets away with it, but thinks "fuck it" then yes, good for her. I'm doubtful that's the case though...especially if that video is anything to go by. If she's mentally sane then that video is nothing but TROLLING...

I wish her no ill will at all. It just feels like absolutely NO ONE ELSE would get away with this without a media ravaging. But there appears to have been a "leave Britney alone" agreement since about 2008.

Pipo likes this.
  8. Raining On Me

Which would all be fine and forgiven if she even had the tracks these days :evil:

9. ZZ

ZZ eternally ruffled feathers

I treat her as a tribute act of herself these days.

10. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

A tribute act going through the motions with no love for the original.

11. Slave

Slave User

She’s getting there, SLOWLY.

More material from her first few albums is getting a look in these days. Even if it IS stuff like ‘I Love Rock ‘n Roll’.

12. J-Snow

J-Snow I'm ms. EXTRA, EXTRA.

The unedited version is less traumatizing.

QUEEN of LEAVING YOUR COMFORT ZONE! :disco:

Pipo likes this.
  13. KindaCool

KindaCool Kick Rocks. Eat dirt.

My electric can-opener makes a similar noise when it's going through a rusty can.

I'm actually really interested to know who's TAPING.

ZZ and Ellie like this.
  14. Barnacle

Barnacle Climb on through my window.

the second one J posted isn't so bad. assuming that's her true voice, why did they bother raising the pitch and making her sound like an alien???

unless it's the opposite and the unedited version has the pitch lowered for damage control.

15. Jætike

Jætike Gay horses eat hay

Exactly this. It's almost on par with how nearly no one would thoroughly address MJ's surgeries and erratic behaviour

16. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

Well just be happy we still have such a legend!

17. Pipo

Pipo extra large & extra hard

at least she keeps having steady releases when people start to forget about her unlike Christina who doesn't give a flying nun's foo.
    I'm curious if her team will up their writing/producing game in the upcoming years, there are only so many songs she can "record" about feeling sexy for her man (of X months) and loving life before she hits 40 and it's not cute anymore, but then again JLO seems to keep capitalizaing on that!

18. Raining On Me

JLO still has her faculties and doesn't parade like a muffin topping SEX DOLL

And the day I defend that useless cunt over poor sad dead Brit is a terrible occasion indeed :(

19. Slave

Slave User

Yeah the sex stuff is getting a bit TIRED, but what else do they have to write about? Her life is a complete closed book and she’s nearly always traded on sex appeal.

There really isn’t much else they can do with her, even whilst it’s true that you’d get a better performance from a blow-up doll.

20. ZZ

Ok, but 'Born to make you happy' and 'Everytime' are two of her UK No.1s (and two very nice songs as well) and they were not sold on sex appeal and their lyrics and whole story was sweet/fragile. I think she can sell fragility well (being the absolute umbrella-brandishing loon that we all know she is).

21. Pipo

Born to make you happy' and 'Everytime' happened YONKS ago, even before Robo Britney appeared.

not to be a nitpicker but she appears unnecessarily naked in the Everytime video, so.

22. Slave

Slave User

‘Everytime’ could have been a turning point in her career. An introspective ballad that stripped away pretty much everything people expected from a Britney Spears song.

But that was long time ago and the moment has passed for her to deliver something like that again - mentally, if nothing else.

The status quo since ‘Womanizer’ has been positioning her as a pop minx. And that worked well for a while. But it’s sort of left her floundering now and watching the most recent music videos, it’s like she has no idea what to do when the material demands something else from her.

I would even go as far as to say it’s now detracting from the music. ‘Make Me’, for example, is limp if you interpret her writhing (and I use the term LOOSELY) around to it as it being a sex jam. If she had the capability to play it a bit more sensually and understated, the whole package would be ten times better. But she’s not the only one with that problem - Mariah Carey is EXACTLY the same.

23. Slave

Slave User

And that’s about the only time Britney and Mariah could ever be considered similar :D

24. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

Sexiness is not her only selling point. She definitely still has that girl-next-door-likable-if-a-bit-derranged relatable appeal going on for her. I'd still buy that.

ZZ likes this.
  25. ZZ

It doesn't matter if it was years ago. 'Criminal' also had some fragility in the whole delivery and sentiment of the song and this was quite recent. But her next steps after that have been disastrous in over-selling this 'sexy' image that no-one apart from the Brit-loons buys anymore.

26. Suedey

I mean people make fun of Madonna's vox but her CROWTASTIC ACOUSTIC version on her Insta of the same song makes her sound like THE VOICE in comparison to this.

27. Suedey

And yes of course by THE VOICE I mean Cherly.

28. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

29. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

30. J-Snow

GIRLS!

KNEE IS COMING TO DENMARK NEXT YEAR!

I'm actually going to SEE the holy cow for the first time ever since I started looning 18 years ago.

[​IMG]

SHOOK.

31. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

You live in Denmark now?

32. POP!

POP! Fade away, radiate

Also, she is performing "live" on Dick Clark's Rockin New Years Eve - apparently she's got the slot immediately after midnight.

The performance will be a taped performance from Vegas, obv. I hear it will be "Work Bitch" and "Toxic" (but it might just be the loons guessing)

33. Slave

Slave User

The slowed-down intro Toxic is suitably BARMY for NYE.

34. J-Snow

I wish. I only work weekends in Copenhagen then I'm back to Arabistan (Malmö).

35. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

WHY Denmark?

36. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

It was about time I went back to Copenhagen so this seals the deal!

37. Pipo

I thought she had improved but a friend of mine saw her on Vegas a few nights ago and uploaded QUITE a handful of Instagram Stories and wtf she's still the same old same old.

Who knew you could make up SO MANY routines of just waving your hands nonstop? :disco: miming was shit too so honey I hope you keep getting pissed off when people say you're not singing live cause you're not, stop cheating.

38. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

oh wow when did you become such a hater peepz!

Pipo likes this.
  39. Slave

Slave User

The Vegas show was the greatest night of my year and I’ll not hear a word said against it.

40. J-Snow

Let's get RS on board and have an Arabic Britney Moopy pre-party! :disco: