‘Twas the Saturday before Christmas

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Rita, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Rita

Rita User

Hello my darlings.

[​IMG]

Lucille, Ag and Dark Carnival like this.
  2. octophone

octophone The Electrocutioner

Is that her surgeon?

Lucille likes this.
  3. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

So that's where she got the PLASTIC SURGERY gene from

4. Rita

Rita User

Cher has got a good 20 years in her yet. :disco:

Ag likes this.
  5. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Just received the cutest Christmas card of 2019 with baby Kylie as the artist! Thankyou @Star xxx

Star likes this.
  6. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

What a productive Saturday. Went to the post, it was closed. Went to the medical lab for my first PrEP analysis. Then went back to the post, collected stuff and got a call from the medical lab telling me they forgot to do the throat swab. Went back to the medical lab, throat swab done. Then off to work, coz that's what it's like to be a slave to the Start-up Nation :vor: And now I'm back home. All before 1 pm.

7. big ron

big ron Nude inspector

I've just done all my shopping for Ms Ron, done some work, now time to go buy a big bag of festive KETAMINE. (For a change)

Dark Carnival likes this.
  8. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival User

God, I'm in such a ketamine phase. Truly the best drug ever.

big ron likes this.
  9. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Went to little Tesco which is technically a normal sized Tesco but is only a mile and a half away from Tesco Extra which is "big Tesco" because it's the biggest in the UK. Bought lots of alcohol and sweetie presents but they didn't have the dressing gowns I wanted in the right size so I'm going to have to go to big Tesco for them because you can no longer order them online and pick them up from your local one. Think I'll save that fun for Monday night.

10. Rita

Rita User

I haven’t touched a drop in DAYS and it’s CHRISTMAS. I assume if I struggle to keep water down, that alcohol is not going to go down a treat either. I am starting to get very nervous now, as although I don’t really feel sick anymore I still can’t keep anything down and everyone arrives on Monday.:(

11. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I don't think I've had a drink so far this month.

12. Ag

Ag BRING BACK TAGS

I'm probably drinking more than usual of late. Oh well. Life's shit.

13. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm not drinking less on purpose. Well, I did at the very start of the month as I had a very heavy last weekend of November. Since then though it's just been a case of not going out, other than once with a friend who is in recovery, so it didn't feel appropriate.

14. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

My dad got took into hospital again last night and ended up in A&E on mad Friday at 8pm. There were no cubicles available and he was getting panicky because he didn't know where he was and my mum said he was upset and started crying a bit. A doctor was walking past and stopped to ask whether he was alright so my mum explained he had dementia and said it was OK, he'd calm down in a few minutes. The doctor then went off somewhere and returned five minutes later with a wheelchair and basically started ordering everybody about, he had a nurse do a blood test, found an empty room for them to wait in, wheeled him there himself then went and got my mum a cup of tea and packet of biscuits and left them there while he went back to other patients. He brought the blood test results back himself and said my dad needed insulin because his blood sugar was high, sorted a nurse to do that and then he examined my dad's stomach (which is where the original problem was). He wasn't happy with how it felt, got on his phone to x-ray then wheeled my dad down there, queue-jumped him and got the x-ray done straightaway. That showed nothing so he then did the same for an ultrasound which also came back OK. Then he found a bed for him on a ward and wheeled him up there. On the way up he said that he'd watched his mum nurse his dad through alzheimers and dementia and when he saw my dad crying he recognised it from how his dad was so he knew the struggles and just wanted to make it a bit easier for them both if he could. My mum was so grateful, thanked him profusely and he went back to A&E. They got my dad settled in bed with a sedative and once he was asleep my mum said she'd go home for a few hours, it was 3am. As she left the ward one of the male nurses chased after her, caught her up and insisted that she wasn't walking back to the car on her own so he walked her all the way to the car, watched her get in and made her lock the doors. She said he stood there until she drove off.

I got all emotional when my mum told me. Also told her off for not telling me last night and her reply was "well, you know what I'm like, there was no point two of us sitting there when one of us didn't need to".

15. Rita

Rita User

Oh Floppet. Reading that actually made me well up. Our NHS really is marvellous.

16. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Sounds like a virus, you've just got to let your body get rid of it. Keep fluids up.

Rita likes this.
  17. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

It absolutely is. I hate people who attack the NHS.