A question of SHEENA

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Star, Aug 6, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. YES - let him stay

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. NO - no special admisson

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Hi everyone,

As you know, Sheena was a mod up until the 2009 elections. The other week we were talking and it was decided it would be easier for the prize draw if Sheena had access to the admin forum. Having been a mod from the beginning it's a bit strange not having him there.

Some of the mods have said they would like him to continue to have access as he is quite vocal about things :D BUT obviously he didn't stand for elections this year.

So are you happy with him continuing to have access (it is only access to the admin forum, he will have no mod powers)? Or would you rather he didn't?

We don't often do this, but this is an anonymous poll so that people can say what they want!

2. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Can I just say, I haven't actually SAID ANYTHING behind the scenes other than in the prize draw, as it feels a bit ODD to do so.

But the other mods have said they want and value my input, so I'm willing to carry on. If not, I really don't have a problem as I'm ALL FOR the democratic process...

YOUR CHOICE MOOPY

3. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

I don't really understand, you want him to have access so that he can give his opinion?

I thought all of us were able to give our opinion, and that the elections were simply for moderation duties?

4. Red One

Red One PLEASE KEISHA NO!

As a new Moopist I'm not sure what exactly I'm voting for but I saw a photo of Sheena and thought he had QUITE NICE TEETH so I'm voting YES.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  5. Sheena

MOOPRATE 14- 10

6. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Sheena's opinions are INVALUABLE as far as I'm concerned, and the mod forum isn't right without him. I appreciate he wasn't elected, and that people who did stand and not get in don't get the opportunity has been given, so yes it is a special exception. But we've had it before on moopy, as Ocotophone had access to the mod forum a couple of years ago without being elected.

7. Sheena

That's not the case at all. Of course things get discussed and ideas get BROUGHT FORWARD behind the scenes before they reach the rest of Moopy...

8. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

But if you wanted to do this, why didn't you run in the election this time?

9. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I'm not saying this is me personally, there are two schools of thought going round at the moment - and lolly and I wouldn't want to decide something like this between us. So for the sake of democracy, we're doing this thread.

10. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Are you saying we shouldn't even have a poll, Lolly?

I'm all for democracy, and I think I will vote yes. It was funny seeing Sheena ahead of Sild in the last mod-exclusive forum post analysis.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  11. Sheena

Because I don't feel I have the right to take over from a mod position when I'm hardly here these days

Anyway, as I said earlier, this was NOTHING TO DO WITH ME, it was actually AGNETHA'S IDEA, so stop being so FUCKING ANAL as usual...

12. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Octophone was elected but then stood down, however for a good period afterwards he still had access to the mod forum.

13. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Just to make it VERY clear, Sheena has nothing to do with this thread. He will go with whatever we say. I've done this thread because as I said, it's not fair that lolly and I decide the outcome.

14. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

No, I absolutely think there SHOULD be a poll. I didn't want my previous post to give that impression.

15. Slave

Slave User

I'm not sure I agree to be honest, which probably comes across as a really bad attitude. It's not aimed at Sheena in PARTICULAR. I just thought the whole point of having an admin forum was to take "certain" discussions away from the main forum, thus besides moderating duties, the elections are who Moopy as a whole trusts to have those discussions.

It kind of goes against the whole thing if you then start saying "oh well we'll let him/her have access too", especially since there's only recently been impassioned debate on whether the admin forum should be private at all...

16. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Well, in my opinion I think this thread is a complete misfire, because you're essentially asking us whether it's okay to undermine the democratic process you ran just a month ago.

I would have happily voted for Sheena to be on the mod panel, because I agree with the sentiments that he is a valuable, long-term poster, but for whatever reason he didn't run, and I think it's a bit off that you suggest he gets fast-tracked because you consider there to be a hierarchy of opinion.

17. Sheena

As I said, I have no issue with people saying "no" at all...I'm not sure I'd agree with it if I were in the same shoes...but lots of people seem to think my opinions are to the benefit of Moopy and I'm NOT GOING TO ARGUE

18. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Yeah GRAND (even though he is mean to me)

19. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

HRH Sheena has been AWFULLY NICE to me since I've joined. He is a figurehead of Moopy so I say YES.

20. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

No really no. For anything to suceed it's essential that you adapt to the envrionment and go with whatever works best for you. We made a temporary change and some people feel that it would advantageous to the site to go stick with it. Others don't. The only way to resolve the matter is a poll, it's how we always do it.

There are no set rules, if you remember the year before we had a tie between madison and widge, we did a poll before deciding to go against the rules and actually take both on board, because they both had something to offer the site. That's probably one of the best decisions we have made.

21. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

No. It's nothing personal to you Sheena, but as Suomi said, it seems a bit shitty to be honest that one person's opinion is considered to be more important than everyone else on the forum. The rest of the mod team are there to make decisions and to be fair, they seem to be doing an alright job of it, I don't really see why another voice would change matters.

The arguments being presented here too don't sit well with me: "Having been a mod from the beginning it's a bit strange not having him there." So what?! Things change!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  22. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

And we're not suggesting anything Suomi, this poll is for you to have your say! If the majority is no, then that's totally fine. And as Sheena has said, he's MORE than happy if the result is no.

23. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

Indeed, which is why the comment of yours I pulled up is even further invalidated!

The difference there was that they both stood to be a mod. Sheena didn't.

24. Madison

I do feel sorry for Moonbaby

25. Madison

Is it at all relevant that I won the poll in Moopy Moop in the end?

26. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

27. funky

funky INCAPABLE

oh as if it's even a question. YES.

28. Madison

Didn't you lose out on being joint 10th by just 1 vote? (and unofficially first in line if any of the existing mods are assassinated)

29. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

And your opinion is completley valid and a fair point. This was the situation we had got to; some mods wanted Sheena to stay on and I was well aware that others wouldn't want him to. I can't just ignore those that have asked for him to stay on, as much as I can't ignore that fact that others wouldn't be happy with it. So for the sake of democracy we have this poll.

That really is ALL there is to it. There's no hidden agenda, I just don't want to ignore the opinion of either group, so we have a vote and go with the majority.

30. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Yep, when you retire you'll get extra special something.

31. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

Something like that, but it's not the point. I'm not saying no because I'm bitter about the results either, for the record. I genuinely don't get how this thread is even a question!

Perhaps if the question was 'do you want to replace one of the mods with Sheena', I'd be answering differently, but it seems like a clique is just missing one of its former members to be honest!

32. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Moonbaby does make a very fair point.

33. BoysForSeles

BoysForSeles User

I think he should have access - it takes a lot of time and effort to run those prize draw thingys and a lot of people enjoy them and ( me included ) would be far too lazy to do it themselves so why not let someone have access who does a bit extra than others on this site?

34. funky

funky INCAPABLE

It's a fair point if you believe that the moderators forum is run by a clique

Personally I've always thought of the mod group as more than that

35. Sheena

I know the prize draw is only one thing, but that was quite annoying not having access during all that- I'd even FORGOTTEN I was supposed to be doing it until I (luckily) happened to log on that afternoon and see it announced :D

36. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

But surely you'd rather we had this thread so you can have your say than not have it and go with what the 'clique' say. As I said, I'm not having any b*tching afterwards from either group, the ONLY way this can be solved is if we all decide, neither group can argue with the results then

And trust me people do comment on these things!! :D

37. Madison

Oh no, down that dangerous path lies a scenario giving POP! access...

38. Lunar Foetus

Lunar Foetus Guest

But this is what the rest of the team are for! That's why they were voted in!

39. BoysForSeles

BoysForSeles User

Doesn't Pop just do lots of artist rates though - not the same thing. However, I'm not around enough to really know suppose.

40. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I couldn't disagree more, going back to what Suomi said, as much as all your opinions are valid, all of you should feel you can contribute/run things if you want to. It's dull if the mods run everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.