A serious discussion on why everyone seems to...

Discussion in 'Girls Aloud' started by Sheena, Oct 27, 2009.

?

OPINIONATE

1. Hate her

6.3%
  2. Grew to hate

16.7%
  3. Indifferent

33.3%
  4. Grew to love

18.8%
  5. Loved from the start

20.8%
  6. Do you wan chips wiv thaaaa?

4.2%
  1. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

...hate Cheryl Cole and want her to fail. This forum seems to be riddled with people, most of them Girls Aloud fans, who just want her to do disastrously with this. Now that's not UNUSUAL for Moopy, but I absolutely can't understand WHY with Cheryl...she seems QUITE DOWN TO EARTH, quite NICE, reasonably HUMBLE...

Yes, she is, OVEREXPOSED but that's surely not entirely HER OWN FAULT...is this just the typical British reaction of ripping someone down who is on top of their game?

So this isn't a DEFENSIVE question...it's a genuine one.

WHY does everyone suddenly "hate" her!?

2. Jark

Jark User

Personally I just think she comes across as exceptionally fake, cold and calculating on X Factor. All of that pretending to be angry at Simon ALL THE TIME and then a minute later they're hugging and probably playing footsie under the desk.

3. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I've always hated her since Popstars The Rivals. I think she's an insufferable human being.

4. Sheena

I repeat. WHY?

5. jivafox

jivafox Stay sexy don’t get murdered

It's a shame her X-Factor persona isn't the same as her real one; i.e the one from that GA documentary "Off The Record" (and the one that decks toilet attendants :D) cause that one's FABULOUS.

6. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Exactly how I feel about her on there too. I was always against her coming onto it.

7. The British man hates full-on success for their compatriots innit. Look at the press when Kate won her Oscar...

8. jivafox

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5BgTfzV1b8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5BgTfzV1b8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

She comes off extremly annoying on X-factor and she plays to the whole sweetheart thing way too much. The way she acted when she was eliminating one of her boys during judges houses was just terrible and the crying when Lloyd couldn't sing was so fake aswell.

Also her great career which granted her one if not the biggest selling single this year is actually pants. The song is average at best and the album is worse. I sometimes feel sorry for her but she really just rubs me the wrong way.

10. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

She's just THICK and really dull. There's nothing camp or fun about her at all. Whenever we've crossed paths she's just seemed thoroughly unpleasant with people she works with and so on.

11. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

SPEW DOWN ME TROUSER :disco:

12. Jark

Jark User

What a fabulously TELLING piece of footage!

I LOVE from 2:00 onwards where Cheryl is AGOG and Nadine doesn't even respond to her outrage

13. jivafox

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyIj29ENsGw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iyIj29ENsGw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Edward

Edward User

People on here have an affinity with Girls Aloud as a unit don't they. Has anyone expressed sole love for Cheryl Cole?

I don't have a problem with her. Can't sing for toffee but that doesn't stop a lot of people.

15. Edward

Edward User

You realise that is Kylie and Dannii's cousin she's having a go at?

16. Jark

Jark User

Cherly, 0:22 - "That's me finished"
    *Cut to shot of Nicola pissing herself which was obviously in regards to something COMPLETELY UNRELATED*

17. WiDGe->

WiDGe-> 44f

I can't Nadine getting agog about anything bar someone telling her she can't go shopping in LA.

18. Jark

Jark User

Seriously? What a BITCH, that's like taking a piss on royalty. Somebody needs to knock this monster down a peg or five. Is she still this much of a cow behind the scenes? Surely the newspapers would be all over it if there was even a whiff of that sort of thing now?

19. Ag

Ag User

I'm hugely INDIFFERENT TO HER.

20. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

She is probably only like that behind closed doors now. She has the 'butter wouldn't melt' image to maintain now, which is why I think a lot of people on here don't like her much

I have always liked her. I loved her in Girls Aloud, less so on the X Factor. I was always drawn to her though, I remember thinking at the start of Girls Aloud that Cheryl would be a house hold name on her own pretty soon.
    '

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  21. ameraal

ameraal trash

i'm not britsh and it's not that i want her to fail, but for me she represents the victory of medocrity against orginality

i thought she was sweet to start off and she's probably a nice girl, but she's a victim of her own popularity and ubiquitousness

22. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Seeing as you mention it every time it's posted, I'd say we probably do :D

23. Slave

Slave User

I don't hate her, and I find it ironic that people disliking her "X Factor persona" are the same ones that probably take no exception to Kylie's "whiter than white" media character. Furthermore, I don't see why it's deemed "fake" to be a nice person - yes she's showed other facets during the clips above, but if there's one lesson to be learnt from the Sharon Osbourne debacle, it's that letting THAT side of your personality run riot is ultimately damaging in the long run. Cheryl has a LOT more to lose by going down that route.

That said, the one and only time I've really thought she was a bit heartless and fake this series is during her selection of the final three. She went on about how "ah've bin there, I noo how it feels for tham" and then had that change of heart when speaking to someone. I felt in that scenario, having reminded us so much that she's been there, she'd have approached the situation with more tact and preparation.

24. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm more interested in her relationship with the media than with fickle internet gays (myself included).

I'm waiting for her fall from grace that threatened to come with the 'will she mime' story a couple of weeks back, yet somehow she got over that with some of the tabloids even running with how she was BETTER than Whitney ( :confused: )

I think she's quite interesting in that she was reviled by the press initially over the racist thug business, but then the Ashley Cole adultery business really turned it around for her and now she absolutely IS the nation's sweetheart. This 'new Diana' business is daft, but you can see where it's coming from. So I don't know if the desire to cut her down again is there in the same way, because of her treatment at the start of her career.

25. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

I didn't know that about the Minogue cousin :D

Explains why Girls Aloud flopped in Australia after that trip. SHE HAD WORDS.

26. Jark

Jark User

The Off The Record episodes from China and Greece show Cherly in such an AWFUL light, she complains all the time about the FLIES and the TOILETS and the LACK OF POOP & SCOOP and the STATE OF HER HANGOVER and it goes ON and ON and you can tell Nadine CAN'T FUCKING STAND IT :D

27. jivafox

Those are the BEST BITS. "Off The Record" is such a fucking BORE without Cheryl's highlights. :disco:

28. ameraal

ameraal trash

i'm quite glad the cherly hate has eclipsed the nadine hate
    she must have a very lucky warble somewhere!

29. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

I like her. I like what I see on TV and read in magazines. It might all be "cold and calculating" but she'll hardly be the first. And the video of her getting pissed with Nicola and Kimberley in L.A was ACE!

30. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Fake, talentless, lowest common denominator bitch

And to top it off, she's as ubiquitous as Victoria Beckham used to be when I HATED HER but seemingly without the potential to become an edgy high fashion editorial ICON

31. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Indifferent.

I think she's stunning and I like her on X Factor, but her music does nothing for me (obv) and she is horrifically overrated. She has captured some sort of goldust momentum and has been riding the wave of it since she stepped on Popstars. Racist scandal: profile goes up. Hubby cheats on her: profile goes up. Inexplicably gets the X Factor gig: profile goes up. And so on.

32. dabbler

dabbler User

Maybe a tad strange in 'her' own forum, but I think we do need a contrast to all the "Mrs Perfect" praise heaped on her from the media/chavs/loons/fans.

33. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I don't hate her or especially want her to fail. I just don't think her single is great and I HATE the way she sings it and it baffles me how massive it has been.

As a personality I'm wholly indifferent to her.

34. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I've always loved her :D

35. jivafox

KYLIE AND DANNII'S COUSIN?? :D

that is amazing. FAT TUB OF SHIT can't even do her "job" properly. You'd think she'd do something DIFFERENT.

36. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Oh LOL :D

37. Sheena

Oh YOU were half the reason I made this thread. You seem to find any negative review over the top hilarity...

38. Tramell

Tramell Amen Fashion

She IS quite shit.

39. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

When they make fun of her shitawful vocals then yes, I do find it funny.

But it's moopy. Any slight dislikes are going to be magnified. You used to be twice as bad whenever a solo spice girl album got a negative review back in the day.

40. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

Oh and I think its pretty obvious why she's so hated. Us Brits hate people doing well. We love an underdog, which she once was. Now she's exploded it's backlash time. It's only so early on here because its full of bitter gays. Lets face it, funny as it is that hangover video is nothing 99% of us haven't done before.