Alexandra Burke - Bad Boys

Discussion in 'Pop' started by dUb, Aug 9, 2009.

?

VOTE

1. 10

22.0%
  2. 9

20.0%
  3. 8

34.0%
  4. 7

12.0%
  5. 6

2.0%
  6. 5

4.0%
  7. 4

2.0%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

2.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

My sources tell me someone here has heard this

So please WHOEVER YOU ARE, tell us all about it

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

:o

MOOPY INTRIGUE

3. A*Teen

A*Teen ..................

I heard it yesterday.

I really liked it, but found myself being disappointed that it was THE Alexandra Burke proper first single. I expected it to be amazing. But it's just good.

But that's just me. It's a perfectly adequate lead single. But I just expected more.

4. Mikal

Mikal User

Bad Boys?! Is she fucking serious?

5. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Is it uptempo?

6. Jark

Jark User

SILLY BOY GET OUT MA FACE

7. A*Teen

Frantically so!

8. smexy

smexy Guest

I presumed the lead single was 'Overcome'.

9. VoR

Interesting... Is she the first X Factor winner to get an uptempo post-show lead single?

I'm not entirely sure people still care to be honest. We'll see though. JLS have certainly done well for themselves.

I'd probably be more excited if she hadn't revealed herself to be such an utter spaz on Twitter and as a talking head on various nostalgia shows. I'm sure she's no thicker than Leona, but it all makes her feel very poundshop.

10. A*Teen

It's pure laziness that has stopped me from clicking on the 'unfollow' button on twitter. She's just too much sometimes!

11. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

"PERSONALITY" = uptempo

12. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

13. Jark

Jark User

APPARENTLY this sounds VERY BRITISH R&B and was produced by Smeezingtons who did the Moopy FAVE Get Sexy

14. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

This is my first post, am a fan of Alex and saw this thread...

According to a very reliable source who posts regularly on digital spy and seems to be an ‘insider’ of some sort called ‘donthavetotellu’

‘Alex’s first single is still being mixed and finished so do not worry. If it’s been heard it certainly isn’t the final version at this point.There is more to come and perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised.’

Looking forward to the single and album, I can't imagine that the single will be anything else but fantastic. I trust the label and after all Alex did sign a £3 million, five-album US record deal with Epic so I imagine cash isn't a problem.

Also for the person complaining about the potential name, listen to Silly Boy and tell me it isn't great!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okff4h9GM50&feature=fvst

15. Mikal

Mikal User

They ALWAYS say that when something is prematurely heard; Get Sexy and Womanizer sounded almost exactly the same to their 'early versions'

16. funky

funky INCAPABLE

that quote screams backpedalling - have they had some initial bad feedback or something?

I have "Bleeding Love" type expectations for this so it needs to be sensational or I'm going to lose interest very quickly.

And it had better not be SYNTHS :evil:

sidebar: who is A*Teen? Another name change?

17. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

No bad feedback.. just a crazy amount of speculation and discussion following one listener's review of the song after hearing it only once (the same poster from above, because nobody else seems to have heard it)

So somebody from the label seems to be saying 'calm down, you haven't even heard it yet'.

Also I don't understand the incessant comparisons with Leona. Do people compare every song they hear to 'Bleeding Love' ?

Alex is a different artist, releasing an uptempo song, if it's not 'Bleeding love' who cares? It should be judged on its own merits as far as I'm concerned.

18. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I don't want it to soundl like Bleeding Love, I want it to be AS GOOD AS it

Bleeding Love was timeless, anthemic, the perfect opener to her career

Alexandra needs/deserves something just as big... it doesn't have to sound anything like it. But I hope it's not simply the sound of 2009, heavy on synths and tinny bits, a la JLS...

19. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

i agree.. Beat Again was a bit dodgy and I'd be very disappointed if Alex gets stuck with anything like that. Still I think the leak 'Overcome' was decent enough.. a bit samey same but good all the same. Bodes well for the album.

20. Loufoque

I think anyone expecting a song of equivalent impact to Bleeding Love must be at least 60% retarded

That song was a one-off - it was the My Heart Will Go On of the 2000s, one of the biggest and most memorable songs of the decade

But in some ways it might prove a hindrance to her - we're already speculating that she might not top it with her comeback

As long as Bad Boys is a respectable hit (by which I mean a #1), it will be fine

21. funky

funky INCAPABLE

let's remember though Lou (before you call me retarded again), Alexandra is in exactly the same position now as Leona was two years ago - there weren't really expectations THAT high, she'd been out of the spotlight for nearly a year getting her album ready. It was only when we heard the single we all realised how big she was going to be...

Alexandra is at the same make or break stage in her career. Oh she'll definitely have a #1 in the UK out of it, whatever it sounds like... but given the right song, there is no reason why she can't get half of Leona's success, and let's face it, even half would make her one of the biggest stars of 2010

22. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

With the whole D+G endorsement deal, and the general approach to the album, and her U.S. record deal it would seem like the label is planning an international launch, but we'll have to wait and see what happens...

23. Loufoque

I didn't call you retarded funky, I only said 60%. You could probably get a GCSE with that

Anyway, I agree that it all comes down to the song. But to expect lightning to strike twice and for Alexandra to get a Bleeding Love is unrealistic. Look at the Idol winners - they all got their signature songs (Since U Been Gone, Before He Cheats, No Air) at different times, just like any other artist would

24. funky

funky INCAPABLE

yes I see your point on THAT (maybe I'm only 50% retarded)

25. Loufoque

MAYBE (55% REMIX)

26. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

Alex has gone into dance rehearsals for her first single, so confirms its uptempo! :)

27. Slave

Slave User

That is only going to get worse for Alexandra from here on in. Of COURSE people will compare her single to 'Bleeding Love', they're both young females with similar record deals, good voices and launching from the same show.

In some ways though, pulling an uptempo is a smart move because you can't really make a DIRECT comparison. The biggest mistake would've been to risk launching her with a ballad. The chances of improving on 'Bleeding Love' are far smaller than the chances of not touching it.

As this goes (however it sounds), there's really very little previous ground to compare it against, musically.

28. cwej

cwej User

Don't forget :black:

29. PGCMc

PGCMc R.I.P Nippy

The songtitle does sound like something you'd expect Lisa Scott-Lee to come out with.

Think its good they're trying to take her in a different direction to Leona. We don't really need 2 Leona's.

30. belgo

belgo EUROFREAK

She looks a hot tranny mess in her first official promo pic...

[​IMG]

I know they're trying to push her in a different direction than Leona, but so far it's not really working.

Oh and the song features rent-a-rapper of the month Flo Rida. Meh! :(

31. Loufoque

I'm giving it a pre-emptory #4 placing on my chart of the year

32. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Flo Rida just knocked it down to #6 for me

33. Toyah

Toyah LOON PANTS

I'm quite APATHETIC.

34. coldmanilk

coldmanilk User

wow, she looks great..looking forward to this!

35. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Popjustice tweets

36. Ag

Ag User

What I have learnt from this topic: Jordin Sparks was in American Idol. WELL I NEVER.

37. funky

funky INCAPABLE

what I have learnt - they're putting Alexandra into the snythpop category

it'll probably be HUGE. I'll probably HATE it.

38. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

39. Jake

Jake On A Mission

So we get to hear it tomorrow. Good stuff.
    I am very excited about this now.

:disco:

40. VoR

Regardless of how bland/pointless she is as a pop star, for me this is absolutely THE BEST American Idol performance I have ever seen by anyone.

WARNING! VIDEO CONTAINS TRACES OF LULU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S89vDhIsi44&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S89vDhIsi44&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>