Alien: Covenant

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by jivafox, Mar 1, 2017.

?

Paradise?

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 9

7.1%
  3. 8

21.4%
  4. 7

21.4%
  5. 6

28.6%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

7.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

7.1%
  11. 0

7.1%
  1. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Did you at least see it in the cinema so you could appreciate the cinematography?

2. ameraal

ameraal trash

yes, it got a point for that.

maybe i'm just old but i really have no patience for films like this anymore. it offered absolutely nothing new! there wasn't even a fabulous lead character to cloud your judgement. the david/whatshisname dynamic which could've been the most interesting thing about the film was not only fleeting but completely predictable.

3. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

The film was mediocre at best. I spent pretty-much all of it questioning the decisions made throughout the film by the crew of Covenant, as well as why that bunch of inept not-rights were chosen to carry the precious cargo to the colony planet because you'd think the company would have chosen the creme de la creme of space-travellers as colonising don't come cheap, as soon as I saw Walter we all knew what was happening at the end, spent far too long wondering why a ship carrying 2000 sleeping colonists wouldn't have at least one of those funky medibed things from the Prometheus film and wondering where David got all of his paper and pens from.

So I won't be watching it again. Unlike Prometheus, which I love.

HeLikedTurner likes this.
  4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

We finally got this film in Japan. Yeah, I agree with a lot of the criticisms here... why did anyone need this movie? Prometheus had a point. This, and presumably the next fill-in prequel are just about alien logistics, how they got from that planet to another planet.

5. HeLikedTurner

HeLikedTurner User

Drivel.

But then I really, really liked Prometheus, so what do I know?