Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Jun 8, 2017.
Torrents if you want to download it, but if you wanna watch it online try here:
World of Wonder are suing a fan who is leaking information about the show. Interestingly the remaining episode titles have been revealed in a legal document and
Ep 6: Handmaids to Kitty Girls
Ep 7: My Best Squirrelfriend's Dragsmaids Wedding Trip
Ep 8: A Jury of their Queers
So from this we can GLEAN that the handmaids twist is coming up next week but also looking at Ep 8 - will the other queens decide the winner this time?
Excuse me dUb, but I already posted the episode titles in the Snatch Game thread.
Total spoiler alert going on about next episode but I dunno how to do spoilers so imma not spill the T.
Square bracket 'spoiler'
Spill the T
Square bracket '/spoiler'
et voila! (without the quotation marks naturally)
it's a total spoiler, really only read if you want the next ep spoiling!
MASSIVE SPOILERS BELOW. Read at your peril.
No I heard different T
Ben wins the power to bring back an eliminated queen. She chooses Morgan, as she felt guilty about her leaving so early.
DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED
Morgan then has the power to eliminate one of the queens
She eliminates Ben
Ben has apparently filmed a video asking people not to be nasty to Morgan over this. If this is true, Morgan is FINISHED.
Don’t want to read them but it’s making me not want to watch, sounds like it’s all going to hell.
At least the people whose only requirement is “drama” will be happy
DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU'VE READ KALA'S SPOILERS
I read that spoiler too - and it left me feeling surprisingly sick - it's just all so WRONG. Also if then what I read happens in the final 2 does happen, then I'm not surprised.
Apparently the leak about Bendela quitting was just put out there by WOW to find out who leakers were.
Should we have a separate SPOILER thread?
It's hard to discuss these spoilers without putting in spoiler tags for pretty much everything and that's a bit daft.
OMG at those spoilers.
Yes please, I don't want to know, and if I read any by accident I'd have to kill Kala.
Not interested in spoilers either.
bebe has been so spectacularly shit, this is already probably the second most interesting thing she's done this season.
i hope ornacia burns her wigs while she's sleeping.
and o'hare not knowing what a meme is. lord.
Bebe justified her existence with the song two weeks ago...yeah I'm pussy bitch.
And I found Mimi endearing.
LaGuardia is probably the one who redeemed herself the most this season for me.
I'd probably go for Aja and Shangela.
I think I like Shangela LESS.
Oh there's a big part of Shangela that still doesn't do it for me. What you (I think) said about her bending every challenge to fit what she can do (rather than adapting to it) is true - I don't think she's all that versatile at all. But for sheer force of will I admire her, and in general I've found her a lot less abrasive this time.
I already liked Shangela and Aja might have indeed gone higher in my esteem than LaGuardia but I didn't really dislike her to begin with.
I always found Kennedy hilarious and endearing. Sometimes she reminds me so much of Suomi in her talking heads, it cracks me up.
Aja has definitely had the biggest positive turnaround for me. Totally delightful.
Thorgy I had a lot of time for after Season 8 but she's well and truly squandered that goodwill now. Dreadful.
Trixie I found average on Season 7, then I came to really like her off the show, then having her back reminded me that she is in fact very average.
Ben justified my faith in her and then some, though I do wish she'd stuck it out and not gotten in her head so much about the game.
Bebe I've liked a lot this time around, although not *quite* as much as I'd hoped going in.
Shangela... yes, she'll win and in a Ben-free contest that's right and fair. But I really don't think she's been all that and both on and off the show she's shown hints of really being rather unpleasant.
I think the biggest problem this season has been that the big antagonists went home too soon. Milk and Morgan could have done with being dragged along for another week or two really.
Chi Chi was... there, I guess?
In fact, I'd love to have seen how this season would have played out if Ben hadn't panicked and sent Morgan home in week one.
Losing Chi Chi that early and keeping Morgan for at least another week or two would have changed the whole dynamic I feel, quite possibly for the better.
The what if of a Bendela v Shangela final two is an interesting one, but for the fact that the winner would have been preordained and the final built and redesigned around it accordingly, I suspect.
Ben's arc wasn't *that* different to Alaska's, really. It felt like just as much of a one horse race until he fell apart a bit at the end just as Katya really came into her own. I think they could have given Shangela some back-end momentum - although Ben almost certainly would have won the acting challenge last week.
In fact, if the speculation is true that a Ben win was never in the show's narrative, I don't understand why they didn't throw in a few more challenges that he would have struggled with. There was no stand up comedy challenge this season, for example, and that's *much* more in Shangela's comfort zone.
Ben wasn’t a favorite the way Alaska was. The expectations weren’t there, AS2was Alaska’s to lose from the second the cast was announced.
Also for the challenges, I don’t think they’re that flexible that they can change them on the fly. It’s so much easier to manipulate the editing but then Dela gave them the perfect exit.
I think the biggest issue for this season (and the show as a whole) is that the queens are afraid of the fans. Even Alaska got some serious backlash last year, so no wonder everyone is terrified to be mean or bitchy anymore (especially All Stars) when their careers get affected so much.
I'm really not seeing the Shangela hate. I find her so likeable. I love the energy and the humour. Reminds me a lot of Alyssa Edwards.
Was Adore Delano viewed as a potential winner before AS2?
Do you think they plan the challenges before they finalise casting though? I can understand why Ben's relatively low post-show profile meant he may have caught people off guard who would have expected it to be a Shangela vs Trixie season, but if that was the pre-ordained narrative it seems weird that they stacked the deck with acting challenges, when that's always where Ben excelled.
Maybe they just expected Trixie to be a lot stronger than she turned out to be and didn't really consider Ben to be a contender at all.
Anyhow, before finale ranking:
1. Aja - I always kinda liked her but she really killed AS and was judged so harshly every time. Her Crystal is one of my all time favorite snatch game performances.
2. Ben - immensely talented but didn’t want to win.
3. Shangela - I find a lot of the criticism towards her unfair, she’s annoying but I find the comments about every one of her characters being the same silly (they all have a base character that they return to). She’s hard working and I hate that her win will be tarnished.
4. Trixie - I like her outside of the show, the show does not bring out the best in her. Deserving finalist but not a winner.
5. Kennedy - grew so much on me after hating her in season 7. Much less bitter this time around and very endearing.
6. Bebe - competent queen until she gets a song and kills it.
7. Thorgy - I don’t mind a bitter queen.
8. Chi Chi - it’s sad how badly she performed
9. Milk - good villain, left too soon but then again her elimination was so satisfying.
10. Morgan - a huge letdown for such a seasoned queen. She came off very fake and try hard with the mean shtick.
I don’t think it was preordained that it was Shangela vs. Trixie, as much as expected. Also Dela failed that improvisation challenge back in her season when they were doing ads.
I think the producers fall in love with certain challenges so they double down on them, like they truly believe they are comedy writers (when in reality the best acting challenges are the improvised ones). Also the signing challenges, we got two this season (because Read You Wrote You was such a success) instead of a make over episode which would have switched things up a little.
I don’t think anyone redeemed themselves (to me) this season. Maybe Trixie a little as I never cared for her before. I still don’t really get the fuss. She’s not up there with the very best.
I already loved Bendela and Aja ... and Shangela and Bebe to a certain extent. Bebe I now like less, and Shangela reminded me of all the things about her that I didn’t like on the show.
Thorgy and Kennedy I now hate. I’d place them under PhiPhi.
1. Ben - Hyper talented. Her downfall is that she clearly isn't as suited to reality television as the others and genuinely seemed to need to shut down and fade into herself a lot of the time.
2. Kennedy - I think at times she was quite weak, but at other times nobody bar Ben (or even Ben in lip syncs) could touch her. And I found her very endearing towards the end.
3. Bebe - Aloof yes, but charisma in spades and I like that she seems so detached from every other queen ever. My favourite fashions I think.
4. Shangela / Trixie - Tie. I think they're both very talented. Shangela brought it every week but isn't really all that likable (who says you have to be, I suppose) at times. Trixie isn't super suited to a lot of the challenges but is great within her niche and I find her quite charming.
6. Aja - Did miles better than last time, though I didn't dislike her last time. I think my biggest problem with her is that she seems so intent on creating memes and forcing facial expressions that she's come off as contrived. Whereas the Valentina moment was wonderful in that it hasn't been planned and it was a genuine moment.
7. Chi Chi - I think she has a lot to offer, as seen in S8. But it just didn't come together this time. I loved her humour and attitude.
8. Morgan - I liked her much more once she was eliminated the first time. I loved her tartan dress.