America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Raucous Bitch, Jul 13, 2005.

1. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

I liked Chantal personality wise, but very few of her photos were much cop.

2. POP!

POP! Across that county line

http://all-antm.net/

that site is great for pictures of each ANTM girl from all the cycles in the competition and what they did after the competition. You can really see who was semi-successful, and who didn't do shit.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  3. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I'm still slightly surprised at how successful Mollie Sue has been. Tyra totally missed a trick there

Awww it appears the twins haven't done anything. What a shame

Oh and LOL at most of Saliesha's post model work being from a wig catalogue :D

4. POP!

Well they cut Mollie Sue because she supposedly had no personality, at least that's what I remember. But multiple of the girls said how much personality she had in the house and that the ANTM crew went out of their way to edit it so it looked like she had no personality.

5. POP!

I'm also happy for Ann who seemed like she wasn't capable of taking a good photo when she was in the competition. She seems to have surpassed all the other girls from that cycle in success in terms of jobs.

6. David

I think they cut Mollie Sue because she was a ginger.

I mean the personality excuse is usually used on the plus sized girls or girls who are otherwise doing well but aren't judge favourites (watch out Katazyna).

7. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I don't even think winning ANTM is worth anything now anyway - WHO wants a spread in a kiddie magazine that nobody even reads anymore. Its so redundant now. They need a touch more of 'Make Me A Supermodel'. More RUNWAY! More TYRA TEACHES! MORE MISS JAY! MORE EDGE! I think ANTM photoshoots are amazing, but I don't want some blonde -haired, uber tanned MONGALOID like CHANTAL to be Top 2. :evil:

If Katarzyna DOESN'T WIN, I will be FURIOUS.

Also, it seems like Ebony has not done anything since quitting. Her pictures were fabulous.

8. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Gosh Elyse from c1 has done loads. I'm pleased, she would have been my winner

I think cycle 3 has been one of the most successful cycles in terms of the girls getting work after. A good 5-6 of them still seem to be in employment (Although not all as models). I would be pleased for Ann if she hadn't been such a ghastly person on the programme. I hated her, she was just a bully

9. POP!

I LOVED Ann :o

10. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Oh my gosh, I really HATED HATED HATED Megg from Cycle 7 with a passion (She was the rock and roll girl) but her photos on here are gorgous -

http://all-antm.net/index.php?cat=95

They proper screwed her over by giving her the worst makeover of all time. Her hair looked fucking awful

11. David

The bearded lady pic may be one of the worst ANTM pics ever, right up there with Liuvy's depiction of Pisces and anything Monkey Mouth Kelle ever did.

12. Beverley

Megg WAS terrible. Ann too - she's one of my most hated contestants, I think.

13. David

Ann I didn't mind, the fact she was STUNNING didn't hurt.

Megg wasn't even that nice to look at.

14. David

Anyways, it's nice to see some of the girls that were eliminated pitifully early (S7 AJ, S8 Samantha for two) have found themselves in a certain amount of demand.

15. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I like that Gina from cycle 6,- who people online seem to regard as one of the worst contestants ANTM ever - has managed to find work in Germany modelling for t-mobile. I loved Gina, she was fucking stupid

I don't really understand why Liuvy's fish picture was so awful, I thought the disgusting girl that did Leo the lion was much worse (the girl that always went on about her child). I watched that episode a couple of days ago, I was so pleased that lion/baby girl got eliminated early. She was dreadful

16. David

I think it was the grief-stricken look on her face.

And Noelle was shit I agree.

As for Gina, she had SOMETHING, but she got so wrapped up in the competition she had no chance.

17. POP!

I didn't mind Gina THAT MUCH, but she was kept around for way too long.

18. David

She went FOURTH! It's not like any quality went before her.

That Kathy who went first in that cycle, I mean scraaping the barrel doesn't BEGIN to describe it.

19. POP!

Well did Gina even take a good picture at all when she was there? She couldn't do well at photoshoots, her runway walk was even worse, she had no confidence, no personality and it wasn't like she had the luxury of being INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL or anything to keep her there.

20. David

Her early photos were better than some. I liked her bald photo. But the last two weren't good at all. And of course she wasn't alone in not being able to walk.

21. Beverley

I think Gina's last photo was GORGEOUS! But she was just so entirely clueless, I too, was surprised that she didn't go earlier.

So which is everybody's favourite season? I'm also tempted to do a favourite ANTM contestants RANK/RATE THING.

22. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

My favourite cycle is CYCLE 8

If that's the one with Kathleen (BEST EVER) and Dionne and them

23. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Please do! I was going to do one for the winners

I loved Gina, and I agree with David about the Sara girl that went first. She was terrible. Series 6 was a bit odd I thought, it was a great series, but the final 2 were so bland it was such a let down. Both took good pics, but had no personalities. I didn't even realise Joanie was in it till about the fourth episode in, seriously.

I've given up on series 4 that I was watching. They've got rid of all the interesting girls apart from Michelle the tranny wrestler and mini Janice Brittany, and as lovely as Naima is shes hardly enthralling TV, similarly Kahlen BOV

24. Beverley

Everpres, you do the winners and I'll do a series one. And then maybe we can also have a Top 10 Favourite Contestants! *Excite*

25. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Cycle 9 is the ABSOLUTE PITS. I mean Chantal and Saleisha???! Seriously? Tyra, Tyra, Tyra. It was clear to anyone with eyes that Jenna was the prettiest. Plus she had quite an amusing attitude problem. I thought those were the two main criteria of a top model. Not telling Tyra Banks all about your emotional problems on TV. That's the main criteria of a simpleton. Tsk. Whatever.

Cycle 8 is my fave, closely followed by Cycle 2. You just CAN'T BEAT a top 3 of Renee, Jaslene and my all time top favourite contestent ever, Natasha.

26. David

I would rank the cycles like so:

Cycle 3
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 2
    Cycle 8
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 5
    Cycle 4
    Cycle 1
    Cycle 9

27. Beverley

Well its interesting how the show has changed. I was watching one of the earlier cycles and Tyra pretty much told one of the contestants that the Panel didn't care if they were having a hard time - they just had to suck it up and make sure they couldn't tell. Nowadays, its ALL ABOUT the emotional breakdowns and the 'therapeutic' aspect of it all. Tyra's talkshow hasn't really helped that.

28. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Cycle 8
    Cycle 2
    Cycle 3
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 4
    Cycle 1
    Cycle 5
    Cycle 9

Cycle 10 is shaping up quite good. The last elimination was a very pleasant surprise. I like Katyrnza greatly.

29. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Was I thinking of Cycle 7? WHICH ONE WAS DIONNE IN?

30. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Cycle 8.

Cycle 7 Caridee won.

31. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

But the fact that the only thing you remember about cycle 8 is Dionne is ALL KINDS OF WRONG. Seriously Dub, know yourself.

32. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I haven't seen series 8 in full so I can't say, but series 3 is definitely the best I've seen so far. Pretty much all the girls in that series had personalities, and the top 3 of Amanda, YaYa and Eva was pretty amazing - All three could easily been winners going on their photos

Favourite contestants Melrose (c7), Kelle (c3), Brandy (c4), Heather (c9), Gina (c6), YaYa (c3), Natasha (c8), lesbian twin (c7). I could easily go on actually

I totally agree about c9 also. If we do a Top Model rate I hope everybody gives Saliesha a MINUS ONE

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  33. David

Cycle 10 so far would be upper middle of the rankings for me. Though after the awfulness that was cycle 9, it's not hard to improve.

34. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

She's not the only thing I remember, but I did love her.

I AIN'T NO DAMN LEZBO

*lezzes up to great effect*

35. Beverley

Cycle 3
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 8
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 10
    Cycle 9

Those are all the ones I've watched so far. I still have to say that for some reason, Cycle 9's Lisa is probably my favourite contestant of ALL TIME.

36. David

I do wonder who'd come top of the fat rankings in ANTMGirlRate

37. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

1. Natasha
    2. Jade

I think Jade's commercial might be the funniest thing that EVER happened to ANTM. And that's saying quite a lot. Plus she said elephants were "preposterous" and came from the "dinosaur family". :D

Said commercial:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRMIC5v0MY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRMIC5v0MY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    :D at 0.53 seconds.

"Wonderful, fabulous!"

38. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Also, "stank ho poured beer on my weave!" remains up there on the quote stakes.

39. David

Dominique is such a bad Jade wannabe

40. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I LOVE THE JADE COMMERCIAL SO MUCH :D

But not as much as this

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVIpbQvp-rc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tVIpbQvp-rc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I KNOW RIGHT? I DIDN'T