America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Raucous Bitch, Jul 13, 2005.

1. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

And Natasha was a walking cycle of quotes.

2. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Although I just found the exact Jade elephant quotes and they are just as amazing as I remembered:

"To be next to a creature that preposterous and that big, it was just, like, wow."

And: "Shooting with the elephant, it reminds me of an ancient dinosaur, because they are in the dinosaur family."

3. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Also who can forget the one where they go to Thailand?

"No, I'm Ty!
    I'm Ty-Ty!
    I'm Ty-Ty!"

Truly a classic.

4. POP!

POP! Across that county line

Cycle 3
    Cycle 4
    Cycle 10
    Cycle 2
    Cycle 8
    Cycle 1
    Cycle 7
    Cycle 6
    Cycle 5
    Cycle 9

5. POP!

"I just want to tell you some people have war in their countries!"

6. David

She should have been a UN Goodwill Ambassador.

7. TomLondon

TomLondon Well TomBrighton these days...

It was SOOOO obvious that Saleisha was going to win, but rather her than Chantal

8. Raucous Bitch

Raucous Bitch Apparently, Winter is Coming

I wasn't happy this season as within the first couple of weeks I googled Saliesha as my friend Lauren looks just like her to get a picture to show her and accidently found out she won. BOO and THRICE BOO!

Heather was my favourite looks wise. Shame her walk was off and obvs the aspergers didn't help.

9. POP!

10. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

Its not bad. :o I just wonder who never had a photoshoot this week, cos unless she's amazing, she'd be a given for the chop, no?

11. POP!

BYE BYE STACEY ANN

Next week: The girls are going to Rome, they do Covergirl commercials, and Fatima gets a fever.

12. Beverley

Was the one who went SICK? :o I am devastated at this news. :(

13. POP!

Stacey Ann sick? I don't think so.

14. Beverley

Oh okay, its just that I saw previews where Tyra was mentioning how those in the past who've not had a photoshoot even if they were sick have usually been eliminated. So I assumed it was for this episode. Maybe its NOT and we'll be shot of FATIMA next week? :D

15. David

I thought this week was VERY interesting, I'm surprised they didn't eliminate Whitney as they clearly had the opening, she'd had a so-so week. StacyAnn never ever looked like she had a shot of winning though.

16. Beverley

Yeah, thats why, even though I loved her, I couldn't complain about her being eliminated. I thought some of her criticism was unjustified though - she didn't seem fake to me. :confused: And I read an interview with her where she mentioned how she faded into the background because she had no drama. Everything is so 'story' led this season more than any other. With the exception of Kat, every single one of them is better recognised for their backgrounds and bitchy storylines.

17. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

I think Katyrzna should definitely win. She is classy, shy, and bloody gorgeous. Very dignified, I think she's perfect. However, it's never going to happen because the show insists on its winners being bubbly etc. Apparently that's the only kind of 'personality'. It's a ridiculous requirement, and it means every year more worthy winners are cast aside (Jenah from cycle 9 anyone?).

18. David

To be fair, I don't feel this is true of Anya. But being real Kat and Anya are the only two acceptable winners. I'm looking forward to this week's ad shoot though, poor Anya contending with speaking Italian AND that Kazakh drag queen accent.

19. Beverley

Actually, I forgot about her. :shy: And I agree with you - she's definitely in my preferred Top 2 of this Cycle. The preview of this week's episode looks quite funny with her falling out of a cab and all too.

20. David

Anya is becoming one of my favourite contestants ever! She's just so 'Hooray for EVERYTHING!' and her photos are generally quite wonderful.

21. POP!

Anya is my favorite behind Kat, I wanna be her friend.

22. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

Surely the final three on beautiful terms needs to be: Fatima, Kat, and Anya.

Lauren, Dominique and Whitney are totally fug in comparison.

23. POP!

Whitney needs to GO, along with Dominique.

24. David

I would rather see Dominique go before Whitney, to be honest. Realistically, all four non Katanya girls are dispensable.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  25. POP!

BYE BYE LAUREN

Bottom two:
    Lauren
    Whitney

26. Beverley

Predictable. But why the HELL is Dominique still in this competition? :|

27. David

Maybe Dominique is better at speaking Italian than anyone thought...

The bottom twos in weeks where there's a spokesmodel shoots are almost ALWAYS the weakest two on that shoot. I mean Heather/Lisa, Jael/Brittany, CariDee/Jaeda, Jade/Mollie Sue etc...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  28. POP!

Well the only ones that actually got good feedback (from most of the judges) were Fatima and Kat...and they were the ones called first.

29. Beverley

I watched the show, and since David pointed her out, I'm starting to like Anya more and more. I understand why youknowwho was eliminated, but the fact that her previous photographs are just about better than nearly ALL of them should justify her staying more this week. But yes, her commercial was dreadful. I think she'll be one of the better models out of ANTM, just not on rolling film. :D

DOMINIQUE, PLEASE FUCK OFF NEXT WEEK.

30. David

I do have the feeling that Whitney might make the top 3, just so they can 'prove' that there's no glass ceiling in the competition for plus size models. But yes, youknowwho, great in print, crappy in person, in fact Heather was way more personable last cycle and she had an excuse.

31. Beverley

And as much as I liked her, she had a pretty shit attitude in general. Kat, Anya, Fatima do SEEM like shoe-ins for the Top 3, but I wouldn't put it past them to shove Whit there like you said.

32. David

Fatima's small features are beginning to piss me off. That and just how skinny she is. Twiggy and Janice would be an immediate vote in her favour if they were still on panel.

33. Beverley

She has a great 'look' about her - very African, as opposed to the "traditional" African-American look that is generally represented on ANTM. But I do think that she's WAY to skinny. Her lingerie shot was HIDEOUS for that reason imho.

34. David

They should have gone somewhere that bans models below a certain BMI! That would have been jolly.

35. Beverley

MADRID. :D

36. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Anya is LOVELY - I really want her to win having spent much of the early episodes wondering who she was

Tyra's complete ignorance towards the pronunciation of Katarzyna's name is JUST PLAIN RUDE

37. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

I thought Katarzyna's little attempt at having 'personality' at panel was really endearing. She so clearly found it a little bit awkward, and I felt for her trying to get Tyra onside by essentially being really fake.

Just let her be a shy girl for christ's sake! Like the world needs more arsey, self-important models! I found it especially hypocritical on Tyra's part after she was so harsh on Whitney for being 'fake', when that is essentially what she's asking of Kat.

38. POP!

Since when do real models need a personality anyway?

39. David

I completely agree, I mean it's week 9, you'd think she'd have learned, can you imagine the strop she'd throw if someone mispronounced HER name?

40. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I've finally decided to start watching c10 proper, I'm not quite sure what has been stopping me previously but hey ho. I think the standard of girls the cycle is MUCH better than c9, Fatima, Anya, Kat and Dominique are all stunning, I know Dominique is not popular, but her look is great and very strong, they should play on the androgynous thing more to be honest.

I finding Whitney incredibly irritating, and I don't think shes all that to look at either. I wish they would stop giving the girls really bad extentions (Hello Megg). Whitneys are awful. (I haven't watched the makeover show so if they aren't extentions then Whitney has really shit hair)

The girl that went this week was the most obvious elimination ever, but I think she was quite clever actually. She clearly knew she had potential and wanted to be a model, but I don't think she wanted to be stung with the antm tag harming her career. I wouldn't be surprised if she did really well as a model after the show.

Also Stacey Ann had a gorgeous face and jaw, but god knows how she got as far as she did.