America's Next Top Model

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Raucous Bitch, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

AGREED everpres. And yes, I'm starting to like Tyra LESS AND LESS as the Cycles go on. Its clear that she comes in on the day of judging and does fuck all else and the fact that ANTM has failed to produce anybody like Gemma Ward is testament that she no longer has much to TOOT TOOT about.

2. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

That post just totally threw me then! I was like WTF did Gemma Ward come from Australia's Next Top Model?! I didn't know that! (I had to check wikipedia :shy: )

I think its an odd show. Its GREAT entertainment but as for making actual models nobody seems to do very well - the show has created maybe 10 successful models in its entirety and none of them top models (and quite a few of the girls/pretty much all of the girls that have done well haven't been the winners)

Choosing people like Saliesha as a winner is a stupid idea also if the show wants credibility. I also really hate they build up some of the guests they have on the show too, the Italian designer they had on the other week that they built up as a REALLY BIG DEAL (Gai Mattiolo) is better known as a watch designer than a fashion designer, and even then hes not particularly famous.

I still love it though. Very easy way to kill 40 minutes.

3. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

This Gemma Ward, was she the headcase who won the first series on AusNTM?

She cried too much.

4. Beverley

Not specifically AusNTM but on a similar reality TV show to find a supermodel. Interestingly though, the Australian winners of AusNTM trounce the majority of the American winners BY FAR.

5. David

Yes, the first and third winners particularly are STUNNING!

6. David

I was just thinking to myself what a breath of fresh air Paulina has been as a judge.

7. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

I've just watched the first episode of Australia's Next Top Model Cycle 4 (first part below) and it's bloody good! After a completely underwhelming start to the new cycle of Britain's I wasn't at all enthused but BY GOLLY at least six of these girls would WALK ANTM. Episodes are nice and LONG too with pleasing quantities of silly cunt bitches but the really surprising thing is that they're fucking great models.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u356tJp2vSU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u356tJp2vSU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. David

I think the first episode is two hours, but I think the rest will be one.

Right now I LOVE the Alyson Hannigan lookalike (Aramela?), she's so Stepford.

9. POP!

POP! Across that county line

New episode is on in about an hour...any predictions? I think Whitney's gonna go home.

10. Beverley

Me too. I'm hoping for a Whitney v Dominique bottom two.

11. POP!

Kat got sent home! They chose Whitney over her.

WHATEVER.

12. Beverley

WHAT? WHAAAAAAAAAAT? :evil:

13. POP!

THE SHOW IS OFFICIALLY A JOKE.

14. POP!

AS IF anyone in the fashion industry would choose Whitney over Kat. I mean PLEASE.

15. Beverley

Then again, why am I not SURPRISED. This IS DEMENTED TYRA we're talking about. :manson:

16. POP!

She probably let Whitney into the top four to HUMOR all the fat ANTM girls.

17. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I have several ANTM related things to say, I hope I don't forget them as I write this post

a.) WHY did nobody tell me how amazing cycle 2 was?! I have been watching it this week instead of doing uni work, and I think it might be the best ANTM cycle I have seen yet (Its up there with c3)! The final 5 or so girls were so strong. April was my favourite, I can't believe she basically got eliminated for being TOO GOOD. I don't think she ever took a bad photo/did badly on the show. One of my favourite contestants ever I think, nice to see shes done well after the show too. Yoanna was a bit crap (and a bit of a bitch) nice face, but awful person. I'd have prefered a Mercedes (or even Shandie) win, but whatever it was years ago. Really good cycle however, I urge anybody that hasn't seen it to watch on youtube. Also I fancy the random gayboy judge (Eric?)

b.) ANTM is an absolute joke now. I don't know why they are trying to pass it off as a high fashion program. They are looking for a commercial model to model make up made for black women (Covergirl queen collection is targeted at black women). They should just make this quite clear, instead of banging on about editorial stuff. The difference between C2 and C10 is massive. Tyra is a huge part of C2, shes barely even in C10

c.) Tyra wishes she can get girls that look like this -
    Alice Burdeu - Australias NTM cycle 3 winner
    [​IMG]

Ksenia Kahnovich - Russias NTM cycle 1 winner
    [​IMG]

Both actual supermodels now. The nearest thing ANTM has is Elyse or Mollie Sue

18. David

a) I did
    b) Yes it is, if anyone but Anya wins the current cycle they might as well give up
    c) Alice is stunning

19. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Does Ksenia Khanovich come from CHERNOBYL

She's practically DEFORMED (in a GOOD WAY)

20. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

You will be pleased to know I will 100% listen to what you say from now on David in regards to ANTM. I was very close to giving up after the snooze fest of cycle 4 (well the episodes after Tiffany was eliminated)

Also I may moan about ANTM, but its still the best thing on TV. I want it to run forever. I just wish they would stop lying about what they are actually looking for, and also ditch Covergirl as the sponsor. They obviously have far too much influence.

21. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

AusNTM has shown me what a FUCKING JOKE ANTM is. :evil:

22. David

The quality for Cycle 4 AusNTM has gone through the roof I think, Cycle 3 was all about Alice for me, I mean the two guest judges for the challenge were second and third and I personally didn't think either were modelesque really.

23. POP!

24. Beverley

The linky no worky Pop.

25. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

26. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

Where can I watch AusNTM online? I generally love Australian people as a rule so I'm sure it'll be a winner

I'll watch the episode Dubscrub slipped in above, but previous cycles would be appreciated. It will be a nice distraction from essay writing. Is the new series of BNTM rubbish still? I like how most of the girls from C3 are now glamour models. I think manbeast Stefanie now works on one of those late night "ring a topless model" TV channels on Sky.

27. David

Just search for Australia's Next Top Model on Youtube.

28. David

I found THIS on one of the sites I look on for news and stuff, nothing spoilerific, but it is an interesting interview with the last eliminee.

29. Beverley

Week later and I'm STILL angry about it. :evil:

30. David

I think it was because she corrected the judges about her name so many times.

And the judges calling her 'Neutrogena' the week before while deliberating was fucking offensive, if they can't say her name after 2 months it's THEIR problem, not hers.

31. POP!

Dominique was sent home.

They shouldn't have kept Dominique, but Whitney needed to go home more. If she even makes the top 2, it'll be ridiculous. Her picture this week wasn't even good, I thought.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  32. David

I kinda knew this would happen, everyone's known for years that a plus sized girl is almost certain to be gone by halfway and I'm sure they want to prove there's no glass ceiling, anyways now Anya is sure to win I think as Whitney and Fatima have been edited to look very negative and bitchy.

Poor Dominique though, I don't think anyone else tried as hard or wanted it as much, and I genuinely did warm to her in the end, it's just a shame she was so bad about every other photoshoot!

33. Beverley

Fatima is stunning, but cunty, stunningly cunty.
    Poor Dominique. I know I was calling for her to go, but I almost felt sorry for her.
    I really hope Anya wins, because she's adorable. Even her accent has grown on me. She'd make the worthiest winner of the three.

34. POP!

The last episode is on tonight...predictions?

Third Place: Whitney
    Second Place: Fatima
    First Place: Anya

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  35. POP!

BYE BYE FATIMA

36. Beverley

Surely only Anya could win. :|

37. POP!

WHITNEY WON. WTF.

LET'S WATCH HER CAREER GO NOWHERE

38. David

So there's already talk about the winner was a plant (again). Personally I think the show has lost any credibility and hasn't had any for quite a while. It's still good entertainment mind you.

39. Mr Betty Draper

Mr Betty Draper User

FATTY FAT FAT FAT.

40. JET BOY

JET BOY PERVERSE

I totally gave up on c10, I didn't actually like any of the girls at all, I normally have at least one I secretly root for. The winner was stupid also, anybody with eyes can see regardless of what you think of her as a person, Fatima was by far the best in regards to becoming a big model. Anya was nice enough but girls like her a 10 a penny.

In other news, I recenttly found the previously elusive Cycle 5 on youtube, and I really loved it! It had so many strong characters (Cassandra, Kim, Bre) and why did nobody tell me about the fantastic lunatic that was Lisa. She was like a proto-Jade. I felt a bit bad for her because she was obviously edited a bit badly, but the shots of her drunkenly slumping around the house covered in bubbles and talking to trees were priceless. I wish Cassandra had stayed in longer, her face was amazing!