An ASSORTED DISCO REISSUE thread

Discussion in 'The Classics - Albums and Songs' started by FetchFugly, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

HMM. I was going to have a BASH based on "I Can't Stand The Rain" alone but I think I might wait til they hit the Yellow and Green BARGAIN BIN...

2. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

The prices never seem to change on Yellow and Green. Nothing else worthwhile ever drops to £2.99 like BIG LO-LO

3. Sheena

Oh I don't know, I grabbed a FIRST CHOICE last month I'd had my eye on for some time but was always too DEAR...

4. Shirley

Actually this is OK

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9raY8jA3iGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PRECIOUS was obviously BIG in BULGARIA

5. Sheena

Funkytowngrooves have a 50% sale off everything with the code XMAS50 if anyone is interested- I took a brief look but they appear to have taken a fair few items down (:D) and have pushed the price of each individual CD up to £12 for the most part, which amused me...they really are SHYSTERS

6. Sheena

I took delivery of Cissy Houston's "Think It Over" a while back as it's been cheap on Amazon for a while in its expanded, remastered and reissued form (the expanded part of which is basically her 1979 follow up "Warning-Danger" album) and it's really been QUITE the discovery. The title track is TREMENDOUS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/czDR51JtnWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

8. Sheena

Oooh lovely- I have the lot of those on vinyl and they’re all varying levels of QUITE FABULOUS

9. FetchFugly

Yes as long as they sound better than the vinyl rip mp3s I will be very happy. I have a particular soft spot for the nearly title track of the last album, and the rip of that I have is not so hot.

10. Shirley

SATURDAY NIGHT keeps on SHININ
    On my SUNDAY MORNING FACE

:)

11. FetchFugly

I just noticed that Venus Dodson's Night Rider got a CD reissue earlier this year, which would be wonderful but Discogs cautions that it is ripped from vinyl. Oh well.

This keeps on catching my eye on Amazon:

[​IMG]

A sampling suggests it is more on the funky end of things. This one has a bit of a groove going on:

12. FetchFugly

Been listening to the Thelma CD this weekend. The SoulMusic Records artwork always looks a little ugly but the sound is good to fair and the four albums for the Amazon marketplace price is great value.

Always nice to hear Love Masterpiece too, though a shame there was no room for the full extended glory:

13. Shirley

You simply can't hear that TOO OFTEN

Digging the SWIMWEAR ADS. I'll take the SEETHROUGH ONES at 1:10 :D

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    FetchFugly likes this.
  14. Shirley

I see the FTG "we're going to send you this email every day for a fortnight" machine has reactivated. I've had to unsubscribe. Talk about COUNTERPRODUCTIVE MARKETING :rolleyes:

15. Sheena

And have they actually had a single new release in the past couple of years? It doesn't feel like it...

16. FetchFugly

I seem to have fallen off the list anyway. I know they relaunched their website a while back but it all was old stuff I think (probably still with postage that cost more than the sale item itself).

It is very slim pickings for disco reissues full stop now. When was the last time BBR released anything?

17. Shirley

They have got a bit more sensible with postage recently but yes it is still all the same old TOOT

18. FetchFugly

I know I should stop buying these 100 hits affairs that are 95% SAME OLD SAME OLD, but in the absence of just about any reissues in the disco land this is a nice mix:

You can't go wrong with a bit of SMACK DAB, Native New Yorker in any form and I LIKE LOVE. Oh and BETTYE (assuming it is this version and not the more artsy remix):