AS2 Ep2: All Star Snatch Game

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Aug 19, 2016.

1. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS and I'm not even sure if my personal list is a spoiler

Snatch game rank:

01. Alaska
    02. Alyssa
    03. Katya
    04. Phi Phi
    05. Ginger
    06. Detox
    07. Roxxxy
    08. Tati

2. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Runway rank:

01. Alaska :disco:
    02. Katya
    03. Detox
    04. Phi Phi
    05. Alyssa
    06. Roxxxy
    07. Tati
    08. Ginger

3. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Snatch:
    Katya
    Alyssa
    Alaska
    Phi Phi
    Detox
    Ginger
    Tati
    Roxxxy

Runway:
    Detox
    Katya
    Alaska
    Alyssa
    Phi Phi
    Roxxxy
    Tati
    Ginger

Lip:
    Alaska
    Katya

General Top 7:
    Katya
    Alaska
    Alyssa
    Phi Phi - evil
    Detox
    Ginger
    Roxxxy

4. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Seriously, either Alaska or Katya to WIN this season. Alaska's Snatch Game was amongst the best EVER.

Adore...love her no matter what tbh.

5. Chlammy

I thought that overall she gave the best snatch and did a better job with a harder character. And I loved her chats with the bottom three :D (well, not Detox).

I now concede that Roxxxy probs was told to do it in the last episode (sorry Roxxxy) but at least Katya had a good laugh with it and didn't take herself too seriously.

I love Adore but I do think her leaving was grounded in insecurity rather than sticking to her guns or whatever.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Oh I'm pissed Tatiana went home, Roxxxxy was definitely the worst at snatch game.

Alyssa's Joan was very pedestrian, she memorized a few lines that every provincial drag queen knows and then regurgitated them. Some landed, most did not.

Katya was everything, her Bjork was hilarious and I was living for that runway. Also props to Alaska for her Mae West, her comebacks were gold. On the other hand, acting like a sound board to Ru (the speech before the elimination was cringe worthy) and being sanctimonious is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Ginger's character did not land but she's funny so I understand how she was not in the bottom. Detox and Phi Phi tried and at least they were not as awful as they were on their original season.

Still really pissed over Tatiana.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Snatch:
    Katya
    Alaska
    Phi Phi
    Alyssa
    Detox
    Ginger
    Tatiana
    Roxxxxxy

Runway:
    Katya
    Detox
    Alaska
    Phi Phi
    Tatiana
    Roxxxy
    Alyssa
    Ginger

8. Chlammy

Yes. I think she's clearly the front runner and they're arranging it all so she can finally take her winner slot (and deservedly so because she's obviously so good), but the speech at the end and the discussion with Ru following Adore's goodbye both felt very self indulgent and patronising.

I think it's partly what made Katya come off so well by comparison.

9. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Really? Oh come on, she's a professional that's what she is.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I'm really liking Katya at the moment, between All Stars, Unnnnnh and her persicope confessionals I just can't get enough.

11. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

After the last couple of posts I'm so over Katya because yeah let's all love her because she's not as good and superior as Alaska is rubbing me the wrong way.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

How is giving self help speeches a la Ru professional? I can barely tolerate them from Ru. She's acting like a teacher's pet, I liked the original Alaska who was a bit more irreverent.

13. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

I thought Alaska was excellent from start to finish in this episode. Her hairdo and severe looks made a perfect match with her speech.

14. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

We get it. You were the cool dude who talked back to the teacher and sat at the back of the bus. It was a difficult decision and she felt the need to justify her criteria. It's not neuroscience.

15. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Me too. Her and Katya make SUCH an interesting balance together.

16. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

No I wasn't.

17. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Alaska is towering majestically over the rest of them. Katya's Björk was a right mess really - that accent! - mais je l'adore encore. Can someone tell Detox to bin the awful yellow hair, please :zombie:

18. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

How did Alyssa not win the Snatch Game? She was so good!

19. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Okay

I'm so angry at so many different people

Adore - for being so STUPID and leaving over Michelle, like who cares what she thinks, of all people? God love her but she was part of a girl group who had ONE HIT and is only on the show because she's Ru's friend. In fact this is kind of an issue with All Stars as a concept: the queens now seem more successful than the judges, bar Ru. Todrick Hall is the definition of Z-LIST. It feels very weird to see drag legends like Alyssa and Alaska being critiqued by what basically amounts to a bunch of unqualified randoms

Phi Phi - for attempting to play mind games with the girls and proving that she's still as much of an untalented, awful cunt as she was on season four

Roxxxy - for falling for it! Thank god Alyssa didn't

Alaska - for sending Tatianna home. Roxxxy had one of my favourite runways (that HAIR :disco:) but she was the worst at the Snatch Game by far and it also would have been a better strategic move on Alaska's part

20. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

EVERYTHING MARILYN SAID

21. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Very generous of Michelle to take time out to put her sunglasses on and meet Adore in the car park for a quick chat

22. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I'm sure this has been answered before but why is Drag Race always filmed so far in advance of the season being screened? According to Adore's Twitter, All Stars 2 was filmed over a YEAR ago! Talk about OLD NEWS for all concerned!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  23. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Correct!

24. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

That's an interesting point, I hadn't thought about it before, but you're right.

25. Marilyn

Marilyn User

It takes that long to insert the CGI Ru, sadly the real one died years ago

26. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

CURRENT BOTTOM THREE

Detox - Kind of dull and a bit sad, and the hair and eyebrows make me feel sick
    Roxxxy - Really, nothing very new to offer apart from being superficially nicer. Also, I might forgive, but I don't FORGET
    Phi Phi - Spawn of Satan, rotten to the core and the very audacity of commenting on ANYONE'S voice given that she basically used her OWN in the Snatch Game!

27. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Detox has been the biggest disappointment so far, hasn't she? There's still something not quite right and sad about her so I'm still slightly rooting for her, but I have a feeling she'll be kicked out soon.

28. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I found that extended YAAAAAAAAS last week slightly disturbing

POOR LAMB

29. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I am pretty pissed off at this week's events, to be honest. Tati kept saying that Alaska would favour Detox and Roxxxy and I honestly felt that was unfair and that Alaska was a little smarter than all of that, but in all honesty it really DID come down to alliances in the end. Based on this week, i'd have sent Roxxxy home. I also personally would NOT miss Detox one bit. I think i'm just really sad that we're not going to have Tati around a bit longer.

Also, how the fuck was Ginger not in the bottom? Boring outfit and nondescript Snatch Game with a character who should have offered all manner of material.

I doubt this will happen but I REALLY hope Katya reveals who she would have sent home. What a mad JOY Katya was this episode... you can tell that she is not letting the anxiety get to her quite as much.

30. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

The departure of Tatianna at this stage is indeed idiocy. No more PIECES. No more THANK YOU (which personally I was quite enjoying)

31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Popcorn gif

That was so addictive. Snatch game was a bit of a letdown though, Alyssa being ludicrous, Alaska being great and Katya being alright, that's about IT.

Again I agreed with the bottom 3, and while I'm a little sad to see Tatianna go, she had the worst snatch game and her runway wasn't anything special. I'd happily talk about alliances if Detox's runway hadn't been great or her Snatch had been worse. I agreed with her self-appraisal that (I'm paraphrasing) she was 3rd bottom. She can't have long left though.

Roxxxy I gave the benefit of the doubt to. Hers and Tati's snatch games were shit, but at least she hit a few queues. Tati didn't do anything. Roxxxy's outfit was alright, nice bodeh.

PhiPhi's survival was deserved but unwanted, the poison dwarf.

This is a bit prone to manipulation though, if Alyssa had been top 2, there's a good chance she would have outdone Alaska.

Tati's got her wish though, to introduce her character to a younger audience. Her character being a bitter humourless victim.

SO MUCH FOR RUDEMPTION

32. Tetris-Rock

Dahling, that speaks to some of the YOOT of today. The exact snowflakes that Ru just hasn't got the energy for anymore.

33. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

QUITE RIGHT TOO

34. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

After Ru and Alaska talked about Adore in the workroom I could've sworn he was going to say "I want to talk to you about Squarespace"

OOH GURL I LOVE ME SOME SQUARESPACE

35. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I really like Detox. I think she's bringing the best fashion to the main stage since SEASON FIVE.

Tati shouldn't have gone, really. Phi Phi is just awful and I'm really eager for her to leave.

Also I love how Alyssa was channeling ALYSSA in her snatch game. She needs to KEEP DOING THIS :disco:

Double also - the lipsync's haven't been ALL THAT. I wonder if they're holding Alyssa back to FINALLY give us a LIP SANC MOMENT

36. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I'm glad you think the lip syncs haven't been all that either, I couldn't really call them before, mainly because neither of them (in both weeks) were that good.

Shake it off was a weird choice too

37. Tetris-Rock

Alyssa should have opted to Snatch as Alyssa. TRULY avant garde.

38. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

This is rather sweet and sad

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bz2IL5zei7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

39. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Isn't it just :(

40. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I see that Logo are really splashing out on the finest of cuisine. CHIPS AND MASH!* :D

*Which of course I SO WOULD :disco: