AS2 Ep4: Drag Movie Shequels

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Sep 6, 2016.

1. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

Sensing she wasn't actually top 2 after all I'll bet. What a reactionary troll.

Edit: actually, I wonder just how low she sinks next week, I almost can't wait and feel bad for anticipating it at the same time.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  2. Lucille

Lucille User

BAR QUEEN. BAR QUEEN.

3. supermassive

supermassive transpeople

She really is AWFUL.
    <iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VE0pxVFmJGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

THING BITCH?! SHE SAID THING..BITCH. :D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  4. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Negatativity

5. Lucille

Lucille User

She just has no CHARISMA or UNIQUENESS and seems to be instantly threatened by queens who do. She doesn't get why people would rather watch Alyssa act badly in a challenge then see her act well, or would rather listen to Willam chat about her shoes, than see Phi-Phi do ANYTHING. She's tried to rebrand herself as "cosplay queen", and "friendly queen", then "please love me queen", and now "Sylvia Plath queen", but none of it works. All her efforts are spent trying to explain why we should LOVE her, without providing anything remotely TO love.

6. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Woe even I started to feel a bit sorry for Willam.

7. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Phi Phi almost certainly *is* getting an unflattering edit, but that's hardly unique to her. The total lack of self-awareness is clearly her bigger issue.

Roxxxy on the other hand has come across really well this season. It's nice that at least one of them is getting a genuine Rudemption. That said, she's not brought anything much to the table in the main challenges since week one, and she's very much surviving on runway.

8. Lucille

Lucille User

THE SHADE OF IT ALL.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oh, ok. <a href="https://t.co/mYabN8YUbQ">pic.twitter.com/mYabN8YUbQ</a></p>&mdash; RuPaul (@RuPaul) <a href="https://twitter.com/RuPaul/status/776780192492597248">September 16, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

It's actually rather shocking that Alyssa had to go before Roxxxy and Phi Phi; I didn't really get that she got the worst critique. Alaska is being very strategic.

10. ameraal

ameraal trash

this, this and this.

11. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

*stands up and claps*

12. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

"Your TONE seems very POINTED right now" is a comeback for the AGES :disco:

I'm glad even Ru is over her crap.

13. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I'm still laughing at this wig reveal :D

[​IMG]

14. ameraal

ameraal trash

i never really thought about it but i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case at all. she's definitely going hard for the crown (and why wouldn't she) and she's smart enough to pull this strategy off.

15. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I didn't realise before but apparently Alaska was completely distraught about not winning season 5.

You can even see it on the YouTube video where the top three watch the episode air... Sharon apparently opted out of crowning Jinkx at a live thing afterwards because Alaska was so upset. I think she said she is now glad though, as she'd have "drank away her prize money" and is a lot more focused and professional now.

16. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

She definitely should win, but yes, she was saved by the Ruvenge thing. People don't seem to have noticed that Alyssa was eliminated while Roxxxy is still around, saved again by Alaska (because she's less competition).

Her crying did come off as rather odd too. Still love her though, she is the queen of all queens.

17. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I thought this was really mediocre. Katya has lost a huge amount of her appeal between her season and All Stars and this feeble attempt at a "moment" really sums that up.

18. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Several queens said that Alyssa got the worse critique and all the queens expect Alyssa have been following the made up rules about elimination.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I thought the reveal was so Katya, she always does things a bit off.

20. straightorbroken

High fiving the first time she said she wasn't going along with it was quite subtle and easy to miss I guess.

21. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

She's been awfully FIVE out of TEN this season. Those boring blogs she has done post-show have just made my perception of her worse.

22. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I feel like she's coming across as much stronger this season than on Season 7 really. She's not holding back as much.

As week as last week might have been, she's standing out and there are some tough queens there.

23. straightorbroken

If nothing else she seems to be achieving what she set out to do last time. I don't have it in me to watch one of those Ru-calls all the way through, but if it was edited down I could just as easily be lapping it up as there's certainly flashes of something. She's hit and miss for me, like one of those therapy nightmares who are otherwise pretty decent and likeable when not being so self-deprecating when it's in no way required.

24. Crash

Crash Thank You

I think it's always a lot harder for newer queens in All Stars who have had less time post their season to build up their brand and aesthetic outside of the show. I mean Alaska and Alyssa have had 3 years to really hone their look and understand their place, whereas Katya (and Ginger) literally came out of their season and then filmed All Stars very soon afterwards.

For what it's worth I think Katya is definitely delivering but whereas she was a diamond in the rough of season 7 she for the reasons above is coming across luke warm in comparison to the more seasoned queens

25. ameraal

ameraal trash

agreed with both viewpoints on katya. i love her to bits but ultimately she feels more like the side-kick than the superhero.

26. ameraal

ameraal trash

and that's fine obviously.

the total rucall series has however been far from must see tv (unlike uuuuuuhhhhhnnnn).

27. straightorbroken

Sure, this is a bit of a cringe, but Phi Phi really does have a tic (as if it were not obvious enough already):

[video=youtube;K6IYYA7T38I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6IYYA7T38I[/video]

28. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

My thoughts :

- shock elimination for Alyssa but understandable given her weak ass fuck Joan and dull runway
    - more shocking was that Phi didn't win the lipsync (yes I said it)
    - Phi is poisonous
    - get rid of Roxxxxy already

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  29. COB

COB Hog Frenzy

I initially watched this episode in very low quality and thought the criticism of Alyssa's dress was harsh, but having now seen it in HQ it makes sense. Even those exposed wires all being black would have made a big difference.

30. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

Your tone seems very pointed right now.

Lived for it then and I still live for it now.

31. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I am with you, although will correct you and say that it was season 8 that came out of filming literally days before All Stars... so Katya has had a year to build herself and to be honest, I think it shows! Katya is doing better in All Stars and would have killed season seven had she been this good then.

However, perhaps not enough? I think if she had as much time as the others she will be in an even more elevated place than she is now.

32. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

She's still doing better than Roxxxy Andrews (who I still really like) and possibly Phiphi too

33. ameraal

ameraal trash

i kinda miss the old untucked.

*plays stock suspenseful music*

34. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

I still insist that they took ALL the joy out of untucked with seasons 7 and 8

35. straightorbroken

Who doesn't? And any runners clapping on camera and laughing off camera should be shot dead quite frankly. I don't need to SEE (or hear that), thanks.

36. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Bit after the event here, but Phi Phi should have SO won that lip sync even if she is a monster. I hate to say it but I'm getting very slightly bored of Katya although actually I do like the Rucall videos. If you compare her to the greats (Jinkx and Sharon spring most readily to mind) she really is NOT bringing it at a winner level, but there's a brain there and that always gets a :disco:

And as for that MIRROR REVEAL :disco::o:disco:

37. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Phi Phi really needs to FUCK OFF. Thank god she has. What a humourless, rotten little cunt. I liked her evilness on her own season, but she looks appalling and is just so rotten. I don't see the allegede progression in her drag at all. She looks like a man in a dress constantly. I prefered her as a showgirl tbh. It was more her level.

Alyssa is the queen to end all queens. I can't be TOO angry with Alaska as she really is bringing it, but sending Alyssa home was very strategic and I don't understand why she's not getting more flak for it. Roxxy was clearly bottom in the challenge, by a long way.

38. Crash

Crash Thank You

Alaska could have killed Alyssa and not got flak - she is unstoppable

39. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Was Coco Montrese just as shit in her season?

40. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Yes. Lord alone knows how she outlasted Alyssa.