AS3 EP08: A Jury of their Queers

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

The problem really is that the cast were mostly not “Allstars” - Milk, Morgan, Thorgy ... all mid-way exits and not exactly sitting on some great untold or unfinished storyline. Either do it properly by getting Willam, Ongina, Magnolia Crawford’s nose and Valentina in, or not at all.

Beryl likes this.
  2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

This thread will be longer than Verona until we all say Shangela did everything right, including the shitty gold disc dress, Bitchelor performance and anything that didn’t involve just being Shangela as usual.

I think it’s all well and good to talk about track records if you’re going to be consistent. Shangela is likeable and hateable in equal measure. There’s a lot of talk about Trixie being bad at Drag Race, I’m not sure Shangela is much better, I think people are confusing it with being good at Reality TV

3. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I didn't love the fat suit routine either. But Shangela is absolutely better at drag race than Trixie. She won more challenges and she won more lip syncs. What did Trixie win - best at witty talking heads?

4. VoR

I mean dUb moaned about Bendela's supposedly boring lip syncs, but to me Trixie was easily the weakest of the season in that regard (of the ones who ever made the top two, anyway).

5. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

She was already very good at reality tv in Season 3 that alone didn't make her a contender for the final. She's obviously a much more accomplished entertainer as well as being an excellent Drag Race player. It's funny you mention her one misstep and talk about track record when Trixie spent half the season being mediocre.

6. VoR

In terms of "Deserved to win the season" based on performance across the board, I'd rank it

1. Bendela
    2. Shangela
    3. Trixie
    4. Bebe
    5. Kennedy
    6. Aja

----

The rest

7. Dark Carnival

This is a bit similar to Katya/Alaska where Katya was the fan favourite in the end but Alaska earned it based on how good her track record was (besides the fact that she was given the crown before the season had even started). Katya was by far my favourite but Alsaka was the superior Drag Race player.

8. Dark Carnival

I could see Aja somewhere in the top 4 too, but that order looks pretty right.

9. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

This conversation is all too “we as a group decided we were going to go this way based on *insert convenient methodology that backs us up*”

Fuck my drag opinion, right?

10. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Well you’re just saying that because Trixie winning Drag Race is like when you won Moopyrate

Lucille and VoR like this.
  11. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Lol just unbox that one for me, will you?

12. VoR

Or maybe opinions differ, and that's OK?

13. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Trixie winning was more like the most recent Moopy rate results.

14. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I AGREE WITH THAT!

I really hope after all this you’re not saying I’m the one shouting down peoples’ opinions, in which case please excuse me while my head explodes

15. Alla

Alla ®

I don't understand why anyone is ok with Trixie (or any other one) winning just because it's her favourite, knowing is certainly unfair. To me that's like being ok with cheating.

16. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

I just mean that you’re really nice and witty, but less controversial/divisive than the queens that you have pipped to the post

17. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Ok let me put my Glock back in my clutch then

Btw were alternate endings filmed to stop leaking again? I saw a video of Trixie finding out she won at a club. I thought they only did they for the finales in the big theatres.

I find that so weird that they have to react like they won even though they might not have

18. VoR

Well... to be honest.

It's so hard to engage in the same discussion as you when you always default to getting hyper-defensive. Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean I think you're objectively wrong.

19. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

You sure you want to do that you big bad bo-

Oh god I’m Nike!

20. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Let poor Diddy be, he’s hardly being more defensive than the rest of us.

Also I can’t even remember whose side he’s on.

21. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Similar number of voters, I suppose.

Lucille likes this.
  22. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I think it was spoiled that Trixie and Kennedy were the top two a while ago. But perhaps they filmed alternates with those two.

23. Mats

Mats User

I think the next Moopy rate needs a good reading

24. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

On watching the lipsticks - it really is REMARKABLY CUNTY that Dela didn't nominate Shangela after making a SOLID RULE of going by performance statistics in choosing who to send home!

25. Dark Carnival

I know right!

26. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Fucking BEN shouldn’t even have been on the jury.

If you don’t want to participate in the game when you knew the CLEAR RULES then you shouldn’t be allowed to come back for the final judgement. Funny there wasn’t the drawn out affected handwringing when it came to that decision!

Fucking hypocrite!

27. Marilyn

Marilyn User

According to Aja, Ben had to be forced into taking part in the jury, although that doesn’t explain or excuse her DOGSHIT votes

28. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Always the ETERNAL MARTYR

29. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

ALSO it's only been in my life for 24 hours but I'm entirely ready to declare the Kitty Girl performance to be the most THRILLINGLY CHAOTIC thing gifted to the world since the WANNABE VIDEO :disco:

30. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

:D

31. Mugatu

Mugatu Can I be gay in the Army?

This is unfair, I actually tried really hard in the acting challenge.

Lucille, ameraal, Penelope and 4 others like this.
  32. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Aja has been saying that they fucked up when not voting for Shangela. She said that it was different seeing it on TV rather than being there, and she knew from episode 3 onwards that they had made a huge mistake. None of the girls wanted to vote and they had to force Ben to vote against her will.

ChiChi also said on social media that she made a mistake. by not voting for Shangela.

As for Ben, she can fuck off. What a CUNT.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    monsta likes this.
  33. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Even Michelle, Chad, Alaska, Kim Chi, Laganja and Trixie herself have all said Shangela should have been top 2.

But in a way, I think this can only be good for Shangie. I don't think she really NEEDED the title and she'll forever be known as the one who was robbed of the title.

34. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I know they’re doing it as damage control but I can’t believe the new season starts next week. I couldn’t be in less of a Drag Race mood after all of this buffoonery

*jumps onto Moopy seconds after episode 1 to write impassioned essay*

KindaCool, Dark Carnival and Chlammy like this.
  35. lolly

Strangely it's left me wanting Season 10 even more.

RaspberrySwirl likes this.
  36. lolly

What's this entertainment weekly interview with Shangela about?

---

I feel like the queens on this show usually always take the attitude of, well, we should hush the angry fans up. I like that you don’t see it that way.

The people who do that are usually the girls that sometimes might not represent the most positive things themselves. Some of these girls, and I’m not going to name any names, wanted to start a whole anti-bullying campaign right after the second and third episode of All Stars 3. I’m all for anti-bullying, but I think I’ve represented that my entire life. I don’t have to start a brand new campaign. They were only doing it because, at the time, they were experiencing bullying. Later on down the season when other girls were experiencing bullying, they were dead silent on the anti-bullying campaign! You have to watch out for those girls. In the end, it turns out they were some of the biggest bullies in the end. You have to watch where your messages are coming from and always be true to you.

I think I know exactly which queen you’re talking about there. But I won’t push you to reveal!

Just let it be! [Laughs]

37. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I’ve stayed off Instagram and social media for the past two days so I could watch this tonight.

FUMING at that result.

I really thought that Shangela nailed it tonight. Her runway look was on point and she nailed the challenge. To not make it to the top 2 (and get ONE point?) was the most ridiculous decision EVER in the herstory of reality tv shows.

Look I get you want you’re mate to make it to the top 2 but fucking hell think of the BIGGER PICTURE.

And was Ben actually for real? So much for that high horse. Shangela was clearly her biggest competitor during her stay on the show. To bring back Morgan (instead of Aja) and then vote Kennedy as the winner? WTF! Bitch should have stayed home.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  38. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

And she even brought it up when she was voting! “Like I knowwwww that statistically I should’ve voted off kennnedyyyyyyyyyy, but wtf lolllll”

SDF and monsta like this.
  39. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

JUSTICE FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT MILK, GLASGOW PRESTWICK AND THAT TRANSPARENT SNAKE BEN!

Kalabaliken and dUb like this.
  40. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Are transparent snakes a thing? I hope so

Btw London Stansted’s crystallised lipstick for the final 2 was great. As was her reaching the top 2 reaction face