AS4 E02: Super Girl Groups, Henny

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by VoR, Dec 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

First 10 minutes

2. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Gia is growing on me- probably for the wrong reasons. Love how she has been trying to claim she’s not a cunt...whilst being an ABSOLUTE CUNT :D :disco:

Suedey, VoR and Alla like this.
  3. VoR

I hope GIA sticks around, I feel she's going to be a fabulous antagonist in a season that could otherwise be a bit too nicey-nicey.

I do fear for her in a singing challenge though. :D

Not sure why Stacey Layne's here, but living for that entrance look :disco:

Suedey likes this.
  4. Sheena

The Stacey Layne thing confuses me too- was she a good singer? Still, quite happy to see her again.

And yes, Gia could be fun- albeit that surely Gia vs Farrah is surely NO CONTEST.

5. VoR

I believe she is a good singer, but it seems weird that they wouldn't just invite her back to compete as an AllStar properly if Ru's so fond of her. These guest slots seem better suited to queens who've already done that (Alyssa, Chad etc.)

6. Sheena

I’m guessing she couldn’t commit to the whole series, but yes, I see your point...

7. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Great episode. Fuck me Valentina is INCREDIBLE, both in the lip sync and in her ultra dramatic lipstick deliberation :disco:

Oh and “that is so disrespectful to Aaliyah - how dare you” :D:D

Gia continuing to be the hate figure the show needs. I was worried for Monique but of course the right decision was made.

Farrah flopping at kissing the mirror :D

Zu-Klara, Alex and Chlammy like this.
  8. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

You actually don’t love me” was a great final (onstage) moment for Farrah as well.

And why has Stacy decided to say honey instead of henny :square:

9. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Apparently someone at WOW uploaded ep 3 so beware of spoilers bro

10. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

The runway lewks were STUN.

11. VoR

Is it available to download?

12. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

dunno!

13. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I thought it was bullshit that Monique was in the bottom since Manilla did so bad on the challenge but Monique is rather sloppy and the runway was one of the weakest.

I love that Gia is the villain and that each season proves that most of these girls never change. She looks gorgeous but is truly rotten.

14. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

I could definitely see Gia and Manilla in the bottom. Right decision to keep Monique, but God I was ready to lose her. She needs to be less defensive on the stage and when pleasding her case, it's not a good look.

Suedey likes this.
  15. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Monique is so ridiculous and annoying but I love her.

Valentina is bringing it this season. She's ultra annoying too but I'm starting to remember why I loved her so much in S9. She's just really good at pretty much everything.

Gia is horrible and contrived but great TV. Manila should have been bottom but I'm glad she wasn't.

16. Suedey

Suedey Some Kind Of Love

Gagging. I am GAGGING. Miss THING.

This season is giving me so much LIFE.

17. Dark Carnival

I like Gia and everything, but I was glad to see that Farrah didn't just let her bully her.

You actually don't love me :disco:

18. Suedey

Suedey Some Kind Of Love

Yes except for Monet.

19. Dark Carnival

Just HOW GOOD did Manilla look on the runway? I can't, I just can't.

Zu-Klara, KindaCool, Diddy and 2 others like this.
  20. Suedey

Suedey Some Kind Of Love

She needs to step her pussy up with the challenges though.

21. Ag

Ag User

What a fantastic episode. This season really is shaping up to be better than S3. Valentina is really bringing it, although I hate her no eye brow look.

And please Moopy tell me Monet X Change isn't a brilliant queen again?! Her performance was great.

Gia is such an essential feature of the series, although Farrah won the argument.

22. VoR

I didn't entirely understand Monique being in the bottom, but it seems the other queens legitimately HATE Gia, so presumably as soon as she's bottom 2 she's toast - and I guess the producers, quite rightly, don't want that happening too soon.

I felt for Farrah but it was definitely the right choice, and at least she managed to go out with a bit of dignity.

23. Dark Carnival

Henny was completely useless wasn’t she? But that was pretty expected.

24. Sheena

Valentina was magnificent in that episode- the performance was good, but the lip-sync was OUTSTANDING and it felt like something new, in a part of the episode which has become a bit tired over the years. I thought Monet actually was better up to the lip-sync, though. I loved her runway look (what is Suedey on?) and the performance she was the clear standout.

Again, I felt sorry for Farrah. She wasn't the best in the performance, granted, but she was STUNNING in the runway- which this season so far appears to count for fuck all. I do think the bottom two should have been Manila and Gia. Both were rubbish in their performance- I thought Farrah, who, let's face it, isn't the most talented of queens in this type of challenge, actually gave it her all, whereas the others fell short. She was obviously brought into AS3 as cannon fodder, though, so I think it was pre-destined. Plus, the FUCKING way she handled a cunt the level of Gia really showed she had some SPUNK in her (not for the first time, FNAR FNAR). I am actually surprised the producers wanted rid that earlier, considering the TV it was CLEARLY going to make, thanks to Gia.

And so, Gia. Quite clearly there to stir the pot, I wonder who she'll move onto now Farrah has gone? She's obviously TREMENDOUS TV but, as was said earlier, ROTTEN to the core. Keep her in as long as possible... :disco:

25. lolly

Well, until the fucked up mirror kisses.

All Stars hasn't added anything to her 'legacy'. But then she was the worst casting choice of this season by some distance.

26. lolly

Presumably there is going to be a returning queen challenge, so the Farrah/Gia drama almost certainly isn't done yet.

27. Sheena

Except for the fact that she’s brought ALL of the drama to happen in the first two episodes...

28. lolly

That's like crediting Jade Jolie for 'back rolls'.

Penelope and Beryl like this.
  29. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

The teaser made me nervous, I presume we are being led to believe that it’s Gia vs Valentina in the bottom?

I think there’s something not wired up in my gay brain, I enjoy the ludicrous drama of Valentina, but Gia dead behind the eyes being a cunt to Farrah isn’t doing anything for me. Oh AT ALL

I like Gia normally, it’s just such a waste that all she’s doing is playing a role for the werkroom and then phoning it in for the challenge and runway.

Think I’ve switched from Team Manila to Team Valentina... (though Manila was STUN on the runway)

Kind of disappointed in Latrice, great personality etc but apart from that? It was good she stood next to melted toad Stacy though, ROTTED!

Zu-Klara likes this.
  30. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Farrah was bringing the unintentional comedy though :D

I hate reality contests where people think they should win just because they really want it (ooh she said fuck) and they tried so hard and and and hooohhhhhhhhhh :(

31. Rula Lenska

Rula Lenska User

32. cwej

cwej User

I am LIVING for Gia. What an episode from her. :D The number of times she went over to start shit for no apparent reason. :D

I thought Monet did a better lip sync personally. I am missing something in Valentina it seems. But I've still not forgiven her for the shit in Season 9 tbh.

33. Ag

Ag User

Can a mod start the next episode topic please?

34. Ag

Ag User

Because I'm watching and there is much to say ALREADY!

Suomi likes this.
  35. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Why does a mod need to start a topic?

36. Ag

Ag User

Because there are already posts about it here to move over.

37. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

My gay wiring appears to be as functional as it ever gets but I’m so with you here, having professed myself to be Team Gia about five minutes ago. As much as I like her talking heads, the thick, dead-eyed bitch is the epitome of talant and if you’re that mediocre, you have no right to be waving the cunt wand and especially not in the direction of the weakest contestant, which was totally gratuitous. GET HER OUT

There’s only one true star here and that’s Valentina. Oh! That LIP SYNC! The SPINS! :disco::disco::disco:

Penelope likes this.
  38. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I would add that she doesn’t come across as thick on Spillin’ The Tea so she’s doing herself a total disservice by being a bellend on AS4

#TeamGiaOccasionally

39. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D THIS!

40. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I don't think he brings anyone in particular to mind but Manila out of drag has this strange air of someone who had a few minor eurodisco hits in the 80s :side-eye:

Ag likes this.