AS4 E03: Snatch Game

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Ag, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Ag

Ag User

So this has leaked. Another brilliant episode.

2. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Any links?

3. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Halfway through and OMG at that Snatch Game - I could barely stomach watching!

Zu-Klara likes this.
  4. Ag

Ag User

I know Gia didn't come out of it well, but for Latrice and all her supposed professionalism, surely part of the act is dealing with whatever is thrown at you on character.

Trinity was good, but Sharon Needles has been doing that Caitlyn impression for a while.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  5. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I'm missing the desks :david:

6. Ag

Ag User

Also I loved that lip sync from Manila. They've all been decent this year so far

7. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Is it just me, or is Latrice coming across as a bit weary and frankly over it all? I've never been a massive fan anyway but TBH I think he's already proven all that he needs to prove and doesn't really need to be here, unlike some of these tired-ass showgirls

8. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Oh my god - 3/4 through and how fucking fabulous was Valentina with Manila there? ICONIC

And Trinity coming off as a hero really - playing the game fairly. I really really need hope she wins the lip sync

SDF likes this.
  9. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

The Manila runway! :D:disco:!

10. Ag

Ag User

Oh God yes. There was so much going on, but I forgot about this life highlight. Absolutely brilliant.

Chlammy and Zu-Klara like this.
  11. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Thank CHRIST.

That was one of the best episodes ever. :disco:

Iguana, SDF and Zu-Klara like this.
  12. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh well I'm back on Team Gia after her conversation with Manila and apologise for my terrible comments in the other thread :tongueout:

13. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh that was EVERYTHING! Absolutely loving Manila as well :disco:

14. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Manila bringing the MATIA BAZAR realness there :disco:

[​IMG]

15. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I didn't realise before now that Manila was Sahara Davenport's partner :(

Or, on a lighter note, of German ancestry, which might explain why he could quite easily have been responsible for 'Slice Me Nice' :disco:

16. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Manila's Streisand transformation was QUITE something, although I don't think she was actually as funny as Trinity. She totally won the lip sync though.

It was a fairly average set of performances and I don't love the new setup, but Naomi recreating Wendy Williams on-air collapse was a literal stroke of genius. Valentina's impersonation was actually pretty spot-on, but she clearly isn't comfortable improvising. Monet was very lucky to be safe, that Whitney was a real let down. Gia was a complete embarassment, although I feel Latrice would have flopped either way so she's lucky she had Gia's behaviour as an excuse. Snatch Game clearly isn't her gig.

Speaking of Latrice, I'm also disappointed so far. She's kind of just been... THERE. Decent talking heads, but where's the fierce catchphrase machine from season 4? She'd better pick up soon or I fear an early exit, statistically she's the weakest at this point.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I didn’t hate Trinity but I didn’t get it because I’ve never watched anything with Caitlyn Jenner before. For me the highlight was Naomi, her Wendy was so good.

Poor Latrice, she must have Snatch Game nightmares by now.

Top 4 at the moment are Trinity, Naomi, Valentina and Latrice/Manila.

18. cwej

cwej User

Latrice has shown real unprofessionalism in Snatch Game twice now. Just deal with what's thrown at you and stop whinging.

I have been surprised by how well Naomi has done overall. She's so blah generally, but all 3 weeks she's done fine.

I might be a bitch for wanting it, but I'd have loved Manila's fake out at the end to be real and for us to lose Valentina, just for the drama of it all. I'm not the biggest fan of Valentina anyway so the payoff would have been worth it for me I think. :D

19. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

CURRENT TOP TWO

=1. Manila
    =1. Valentina

Latrice next to go please. She almost certainly isn’t going to be serving up anything fresh or exciting this season, so you can all put THAT idea to bed. Also really over Monét TBH :boring:

Iguana likes this.
  20. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

I would have given Naomi Smalls $10,000 ON THE SPOT for the genius of that fall; one of the funniest Snatch Game moments ever for me.

Once again Naomi comes a convincing 3rd - if nothing else she has proven she is more than just wallpaper.

SDF likes this.
  21. cwej

cwej User

I really think bottom 2 should have been Monet and Gia. Gia would still have gone, but it would have felt like a fairer result.

Suomi likes this.
  22. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I actually liked Valentina's snatch. It was so bizarre I found it enjoyable.

I'm not v into Monet/Monique.

I'm going to miss gia.

I hate the new snatch game format.

I loved Manila's lipsync. She embodied the song in a way no lipsync has done so far.

Chlammy and Dark Carnival like this.
  23. Ag

Ag User

Yeah Valentina's Eartha was decent enough if not hilarious.

Suedey likes this.
  24. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

What. An. Episode.

I fucking loved every bit of Trinity's performance, it might actually be one of my favourite sntaches ever :o

Oh and in WHAT world was Valentina in the bottom two when you had a flat arse Whitney and a Latrice who was in character for all of 20 seconds? Valentina was in character the whole time and actually made me laugh. But I guess they needed her in the bottom for all the DRAMA that actually made this episode.

25. Dark Carnival

And Naomi's Wendy? Was it really that brilliant? The fall was so expected, I waited for it to happen so when it finally did I just smiled.

26. Dark Carnival

Right now Monique, Monet and Latrice are just there for me. And I might be team Trintity :o

27. VoR

One of Latrice's big Snatch Game problems is that I don't think she considers the comic potential of the roles she plays beyond 'large black lady'. There were clearly opportunities with Aretha, but Della Reese really isn't a character that gives her a lot to work with.

28. wurst

wurst User

Manila as a caricature of Babs was EVERYTHING EVERYTHING EVERYTHING
    Whilst her answers themselves weren’t shit-the-bed funny, her overall persona and character were INCREDIBLE. Somebody needs to gif the fuck out the faces she pulled when introduced.

The lipsync also! Flawless! I love it when queens aren’t relying and props and death defying moves to deliver something completely correct and compelling.

Would love Manila to win, and it would feel so deserved. Arguably she is the winner that got away from all the runners up.

Monet X Change I was fond of, but she seems so tired and unoriginal second time round, I think she is on All Stars far too soon. Valentina is much more likeable second time around. She seems to have fully bought into the melodrama of her persona, and it’s working for me.

29. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

Naomi recreating Wendy's collapse was a great idea, rather poorly executed. Needed the wide-eyed stagger backwards, rather than a straight fall. Missed opportunity if you ask ME!

Penelope likes this.
  30. Suedey

Suedey Some Kind Of Love

Top 4:
    Manila
    Valentina
    Trinity
    Naomi

Called it.

31. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Another brilliant episode. Trinity was the best in the snatch game, but Naomi really ought to have been in the top 2 with her.

I'm totally team Valentina after that episode, who btw was absolutely NOT in the bottom this week. Monet and Latrice were FAR worse, and Eartha was pretty spot on if you ask me.

What a queen dealing with Manila :disco:

dUb likes this.
  32. dUb

dUb TRIUMPHANT (GET 'EM)

The new Snatch Game really benefitted Trinity didn't it? She wouldn't have been able to get the same physicality with the posture at all if she were behind the usual desk.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  33. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I loved that too. She’s always been brilliant but the way she handled her and gave as good as she got was brilliant. I also loved her sipping cocktails and looking shady :D

The right top two really, but I actually think Naomi was brilliant as well.

Also count me in for the Latrice disappointment. My all time favourite queen but she’s done fuck all so far...

34. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Valentina's Eartha was a really good impression - it was her poor ability to engage that cost her. But I agree with everyone else that both Monet and Latrice deserved bottom two over her.

I'm not sure Snatch Game needed reinventing, but I'm kind of glad they did, for the point dUb makes - if they carry on with this format, it does open up a performance aspect.

Pleased Manila pulled it out of the bag in both the challenge and particularly the runway. I agree with Suedey's top 4 - they are head and shoulders above Monique, Monet and Latrice.

Naomi hasn't wowed me yet, but she's hugely consistent and clearly matured and developed since her season.

35. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I didn't like the new Snatch Game format, and the contestants weren't very good.

MANILA :disco: :disco: She is so the quintessential drag QUEEN

36. Penelope

Penelope FYFFES FOR ALL

Manila and Valentina are my QUEENS DE LA SEASON so far :disco: Val's Eartha Kitt was so ARTPOP I could DIE!

Those two + Trin + Naomi for the top four please

Oh and Latrice to do SOMETHING to cover the price of entry any time soon thanks :argh:

Zu-Klara likes this.
  37. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I kind of regret watching the leak last week now, and not having a new episode to watch this morning :(

Someone please tell me that e04 has also mysteriously slipped out.

Suomi likes this.
  38. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

this episode annoyed me and even more now that i'm rewatching it.
    mainly because of the rotten snatch game ranking.

yas

01 manilla doing muppet barbara streisand was amazing. not all the jokes were great but those non-stop faces were cracking me up
    02 valentina was amazing if a bit longwinded. talk about impersonation and dedication. trinity was annoying the fuck out of me interrupting her. minus points for eartha being done before though.

ok

03 naomi was a decent wendy though she could've been better.

meeeeh

04 monique was just doing monique
    05 monet was very very disappointing

ugh

06 trinity is quick, she had jokes but it was so fucking overrated and one-note, i hated it. malibu baby ad nauseum :manson:
    07 latrice was once again awful at this - from the uninspiring (even boring) character selection to the inability to rise above gia's crap
    08 gia gunn - painful

valentina being in the bottom was ludicrous and i hated manilla's fake should-i-kick-out-valentina drama but her lip synch was wonderful.

power rankings

01 manilla
    02 valentina
    03 naomi

trinity is the only other contender but she's so smug now she thinks she's a comedy queen who does amazing lip synchs and has the most expensive and tasteful ensembles. it's totally turned me off.

Chlammy likes this.
  39. VoR

Valentina being bottom two really was ridiculous on reflection. I feel like the producers are really showing their hands this season and it's making the results feel arbitrary and unbalanced.

Should have been Gia vs Monet.

40. Dark Carnival

Valentina being in the bottom + Manila considering sending her home was all painfully staged drama.