Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by VoR, Jan 1, 2019.
First ten minutes
Looks like a make or break episode for Latrice. I'm nervous.
Who do we think is gonna go? All the predictable queens have left.
I reckon it's gonna be one of the Season 10 queens.
Latrice please. Lacking the necessary energy and va va voom, dishing up nothing particularly tempting, and this shouldn’t be an exercise in crowning past glories. This really is not her time, OH AT ALL
I'm ready for Latrice and Monet to CHASSE away.
Yeah I’m kind of over both Latrice and Monét
So long as the heart of the season remains
AS3 says HIYA
Latrice is up for the chop on form to now, but I’m hoping she pulls it out of the bag.
I don't want Latrice to go yet. She didn't offer much so far but I still have faith.
I think it's going to be Monique, unfortunately.
What makes you say that? I'd have thought this challenge is right up her alley.
Shes released Brown cow Stunning today which is a pretty big hint
Not a knowing spoiler but don’t read if you don’t want ANY potential spoils
That was actually tense for once. But the right result considering how the challenge went and how Latrice has been performing.
Ru’s dress was atrocious. One of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen.
I genuinely think either decision would have been fair. Monet was a little stronger in the challenge, but her runway was a mess and she had been in the bottom twice. Also, she's not LATRICE MOTHERFUCKING ROYALE.
It just feels such a waste that we never even got to see Latrice lip sync.
TBH Latrice in general does not shine on challenges. She scored with get those nuts away from my face back in season 4 but everything else has been average. Her personality carries it but she has been the least remarkable so far, even her wardrobe is just stoned gowns. It’s her third time, she should do better.
Pffrt. Admittedly I'd forgotten what the challenge was, but still.
It's sad to see Latrice go obviously, but I can't say it wasn't deserved. It's all felt a little bit lazy and complacent from her this season.
Apparently episode 5 has leaked as well...
Trinity is annoying me and she was my favourite by proxy at the end of S9.
The newfound belief that she's the best comedy queen in the business, 'Where-are-the-jokes', having something to say about everything and coming for Manila for having the nerve to try and make this interesting...
a few thoughts
- trinity's runway was amazing. everything else about her is turning me off. self-proclaimed queen of comedy, fashion icon, voice of reason, ethics professor. smug and not in a fun way. also: monae is bigger competition for manilla than latrice? parp!
- latrice annoyed me with her i'm the most beloved queen and i deserve a crown so i'm just gonna keep wearing beads and shrink in the challenges. glad she went - i did want to see more but it's been 4 episodes and i'm sceptical she had more. i fell in love with her for her lovely character, the talking heads and the lipsynch. we saw none of that. just complacency and lack of real effort (not unlike jasmine and gia).
- i'm glad monique managed to keep a wig on during a lipsynch. can someone fix her makeup now? when they go to the workroom after runway you always see how different people are after being top and bottom. she's one of those people who are really different and i can't say i like either look.
- manilla's lipsynch was awful - from the look to the flailing arms. but then the song choice was awful. i almost hope she was throwing it. i think she'll be in trouble when the others are choosing finalists.
- valentina was off the mark for the first time for me with her comment about saving "the beloved". i still love how completely self-absorbed she is and her runway look (apart from the head) was great.
- rupaul, as phoenix mentioned, looked atrocious.
- the whole challenge (apart from the voice-over) was pretty shit for me.
any peter dinkleakage?
A little, in the relevant thread
I was ready to see Latrice go home really. She just wasn't there the entire challenge and after 4 challenges, being in the game for so long and being the most beloved queen ever (how many times was I force-fed that? ) just doesn't cut it.
Wrong decision. Latrice wasn’t shining fair enough. But Monet is one of the most overrated girls in RPDR her story and yes of course Monique saved her because she’s her mate.
I thought it was the least enjoyable episode so far. The challenge really dragged for me.
Yeah it was a bit boring
I wish I was more upset about Latrice going, but everything from her this time around just hadn't been up to snuff really To be fair, she was probably more focused on her wedding.
I get that the workroom deliberation was very emotionally heightened for some of the queens, but once the crying started all I could think of was this:
where are the god damned mini-challenges? you have some of your best characters in one place and you don't throw them a ridiculous task?
Oh it never fails!
There's something really annoying about the way they edit it, you could tell in advance Manila was going to lose that lipsync and Latrice was going home, they are so obvious giving her all that screen time. It doesn't let me enjoy the episode in full because most of the times you know exactly what's gonna happen. Oh well.
Oh and I'm completely #TeamManila, she's a fucking star.
Manila to win!!
And they’re still trying to make Stacy Layne Matthews a thing. With dodgy blue screen effects.
I know, that's so random!
And welcome @jyxz Tell us a bit more about your favourite queens/seasons.
Well right decision the entitlement and total lack of effort just like on the heels of hell tour.
I suddenly and slightly unwillingly find myself on Team Trinity after her reaction to Latrice deservedly being up for the chop. Obviously this is subject to variation within the next five minutes
I'm growing to like Trinity more as well, although not entirely without reservation.
Trinity and Manila top 2