AS4 E05: Roast In Peace

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I wonder how this season is going to play out, we have 3 episodes left, presumably the last one will be a song with the top 4(?) so we only really need to lose one queen each episode now, right?

I don’t think Manila and Monet will be deciding each lip sync if that’s how it goes, because if they’re going by scorecards (which appears to be their way), how could they justify bringing anyone back? Except of course Latrice out of friendship

2. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Btw can we take a moment, all the twists almost made me forget the cringey awfulness of Manila at the start.

It’s like Latrice was put to death or something. I mean sure, go for your airtime, but it was weird...

3. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

She's a very good actress, but I feel that was genuine. She really LOVES Latrice, you can see that in AS1.

Suedey likes this.
  4. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I get she loves her, but it was a BIT of an overreaction, like she was carrying her child or something.

I never really feel like Manila’s reactions are genuine, especially when she’s pretending to have fun, it always looks so weird :D

ameraal, Suedey and Phoenix like this.
  5. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

In Latrice’s words, GGGGG

6. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D QUITE! Oh here are some old scrag ends who thoroughly deserved to be given the boot but oh hurrah, here they are again for their RUDEMPTION :rolleyes::boring:

7. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Gagged at the episode and twist

Some of those roasts were awful! I thought it was the right top 2 and they both had a killer lip sync. I especially loved Monet’s look during the lip sync.

Id have chosen Naomi to leave but the edit suggested it was Valentina/Trinity who was in trouble.

Monique being in the bottom felt a bit odd to me. She clearly was head and shoulders above the other 3 queens in this challenge

Not sure how much in here for Latrice’s entitlement next week but I’m looking forward to finding out how it will all play out

8. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

i think she's genuine but she's totally giving us reality tv realness at this point and it looks a bit fake.

9. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I was incensed too, but it didn’t matter and Ru knew what she was doing so there’s no issue.

Presuming they’re bringing someone back, I wonder if Latrice has it in her to up her game and claim the spot? The others aren’t exactly fierce competition, I wouldn’t have thought, but her form so far hasn’t suggested she stands a chance.

10. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Can Latrice have a rudemption if she’s convinced she did nothing wrong?

11. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Is it just me who often doesn’t understand why some of the roasts are considered funny by Madame La Ru & Co. and some aren’t? Quite honestly I think I’ve only ever laughed at BEAST! (Obviously I do understand why the really shitty ones like poor Naomi’s weren’t funny so I’m not that dim.) Is it what they call American humor?

12. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I saw an Instagram post where they had given Naomi a “funny” edit, kind of spooky how well they can just make something unfunny by telling us it’s not landing. I mean canned laughter worked for decades for a reason!

Also a YouTube rabbit hole led me to a roast supercut, where some queens REALLY got some bad edits :D

13. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

UGH IM DELETING INSTAGRAM UNTIL EVERY SEASON IS OVER

Not a big spoiler but it’s a video with big text over it, like a spoiler ambush :( HATE

14. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I don’t think that they changed the rules just to keep one of the queens, I mean they were all ready for the reveal after!

And anyway, wouldn’t it have been better to let a girl go, just to bring her back for fresh revenge right away like Alyssa, and have a 5v5 face off?