AS4 E08: RuPaul's Best Judy Race

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by VoR, Feb 1, 2019.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

In order of win preference

Naomi
    Trinity
    Monique
    Monet
    Latrice

2. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

For that, I’m going to go:

Naomi
    Monet
    Latrice
    Trinity
    Monique

Latrice has redeemed herself a lot in the last couple of episodes, especially this one...

3. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

As Trump might say:

1. Hypocrite Naomi
    2. Monique America Great Again
    3. Loser Latrice
    4. Coasting Trinity
    5. Crooked Hillary

4. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

1. Naomi
    2. Monique
    3. Monet
    4. Trinity
    5. Latrice

5. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

GAG, but it was fairly telegraphed to be possible at least.

Sad for Manila, even though I had been wavering for a few weeks. But as someone said, I didn’t think she had it QUITE in the bag, she had just done better more recently. The report cards (sigh) had been pretty even anyway. But still, shit.

But I don’t really feel this was a producer decision, Naomi is smart enough to see this was the only way to get close to the win. At least I hope that’s what it was. It’s a competition and being the martyr certainly won’t damage Manila. Rather than the Chad of the season she is the Alyssa, so GGMoopyGG

Latrice has to go, and I’m stunned that Monet is still in it. That lipstink! Was it supposed to be authentic Judy (with that piece of shit prop)? This is a drag show, not Stars in their Eyes! Naomi gave it.

6. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

1. Trinity
    2. Naomi
    3. Monique(!)
    4. Monet
    5. Latrice

7. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

1. Manila
    2. Monique
    3. Latrice
    4. Naomi
    5. Trinity
    6. Monet

But really I have no interest in watching this season anymore...

8. Suedey

This.

9. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh my god. And yet, why am I surprised? I'm just so gutted because I was enjoying this more than any season since...6?! Something like that anyway.

I didn't see Manila as an obvious bottom 2 personally. Latrice definitely, but everyone else was in line with each other although Naomi 100% earned the win AND lip sync.

What a fucking comedown these last 2 episodes have been.

ameraal likes this.
  10. Sheena

I did see Manila as bottom- that runway was actually rubbish...

cwej likes this.
  11. ameraal

ameraal trash

the whole series has been derailed by latrice and her return and i am livid.

apart from that all i can say, regretfully, is i am gooped.

naomi was wonderful and her lipsync was giving me disney comedy villain realness *.*
    i didn't even mind her recycling a good chunk of her moves.

as for her elimination choice, i think she made a mistake but it definitely showed nerve.

it's all very as3 with the favourite leaving so close to the final and i bet the producers are living.

i'm really sorry to see manila go but i think she did an amazing job and like someone said this premature elimination will give her additional sheen.
    that said, as in the previous episode, i didn't think the evictee should've been in the bottom at all.

trinity and monique both did worse in my eyes and latrice was just a mess.

oh and i loved the friends, especially patty! <з

i guess i did have more to say and i just wanted to use gooped in a sentence (for the fifth time today).

Penelope, Chlammy and Iguana like this.
  12. Raining On Me

Manila's runway wasn't amazing but at least there was an idea behind it. It was very Manila looking but that's what most of these bitches have been churning out all season - outfits that are very much them and in their own comfort zone apart from a few occasions. It just seemed such a horrible way for her to go and I didn't feel she was any worse than say, Trinity. But she will come out of this very well and I imagine will only help her career - far more than Ben and that ludicrous suicide vote.

ameraal likes this.
  13. Raining On Me

QUITE.

She hasn't even fucking earned it!

14. Raining On Me

Right now I don't want anyone to win. But ridiculously, after all of this, my ranking is probably:

1. Monique
    2. Naomi
    3. Monet
    4. Trinity
    5. Latrice

Yet the crown is probably Trinity's to take. She's had her moments but I just can't take to her and she certainly isn't the comedy queen we are being lead to believe - again, despite some moments.

Naomi justified her placing in this episode but is no winner. That leaves Monique for me as the most consistent for me in the tasks, if not always on the runway.

Latrice to just die please. What a complete shit fest.

15. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I still don't understand the vehement hatred for Latrice based on her... not being quite as brilliant as we expected?

She was lovely this episode. Her outfit choice was unexciting but hardly a mess. She certainly had the most compelling storyline with her Judy and she gave the best talking heads. Did she deserve to go home? Probably. Is it her fault the producers told Naomi to make the other choice? No.

Five G's girls.

Sheena likes this.
  16. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I don't know if Trinity will win mostly because of the criticism of the white winners of All Stars and this being the most ethnically diverse season ever. It'd a bit rough if they ended up crowning one of the only two Caucasian queens in the end.

Therefore Naomi to win please. :)))

17. ameraal

ameraal trash

mine is down to her ludicrous sense of entitlement. i think she had a really nice moment with manila and their judys (as well as her clap back at dreary old visage) but she was once again truly awful in her one on one's with naomi and monet. i literally could not believe how smug and domineering she was - "i saved you so you can't chuck me out" and "manila's been getting worse whereas i'm back and killing it!" she went in hard and it was not a graceful look.

18. ameraal

ameraal trash

@VoR, why are you convinced the producers swayed naomi?

19. Raining On Me

I think it's a damn sight worse than her not being "quite as brilliant as expected" :D

She has been truly awful this season. Her whole personality has been off, very unlikable pre-eviction and as I said above, I have tried to understand why that might be but regardless, she doesn't deserve to be here. And her performance in every task has been...nothing.

For the tail end of a series, there aren't many contestants in all the Drag Race series to have got this far on so little (okay there might be, but to be underperforming AND unlikable?). It's just her legacy and it feels so horribly forced for her to be back after ensuring she had a lip sync (which she arguably didn't even win).

I'll give you she had a few lovely moments this episode and times where she didn't feel like she was trying to be someone else, just Latrice, which was nice, but come on...too little too late and ameraal is right, it's absolutely derailed everything.

ameraal likes this.
  20. ameraal

ameraal trash

sidebar: manila keeps reminding me of marina (and the diamonds). i want them together in a room now.

21. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

SAAAAME! It's such a weird connection and yet it's perfect

22. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

You said it, she’s this season’s Roxxxy. No one likes a dead weight.

23. lolly

And Roxxxy had a better runway hit rate.

Dark Carnival likes this.
  24. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

You do understand how this show works? It's her job once in the bottom two to make a case for her to stay. I'm sure she fully expected to go home. She seemed actively resigned to it.

As far as I've seen, she's done one unflattering thing - describe herself as the most beloved queen - which in itself was just parroting what she'd been told by Valentina and Trinity just moments earlier, and came at a low moment when she knew she was the most likely to be sent home. Other than that, her only crime has been blandness.

The hate for her just feels really disproportionate.

Sheena and Beverley like this.
  25. lolly

If I could pick three words to describe Latrice this season, they would be entitled, lazy and complacent. I don't hate her by any means, but that's more than enough for me to resent her continued presence.

cwej and SDF like this.
  26. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

In what world did Latrice deserve to remain in the competition over Manila?

I just don’t get that at all.

And it’s a shame because Naomi was starting to feel like the dark horse but I so can’t get on board with her winning after that. :angry:

27. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I'm just gonna sit here and pretend that manila will be brought back and win

Alex and Iguana like this.
  28. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

That is the only way this ends happily!

29. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

I didn’t want Manila to win.

30. Sheena

I also don’t understand the Latrice hate. She’s playing the game, as lots of others have.

31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Trinity is kind of fucked anyway now. She’s the Hillary of this season - consistently more put-together, but discounted as a winner for nebulous likeability reasons, and everyone will be going “Manila would’ve won”, as Latrice redeems her Make-a-Wish foundation legacy win.

32. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

As usual, Moopy has made this season at least twice as exhausting :D

Suedey likes this.
  33. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

*Alexis Michelle voice*

Tamar, have you seen the fanbase?

Suomi likes this.
  34. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

*shade rattle*

Oh yes! But I actually WANT to engage with you lot :D

35. Suedey

The best thing about this mess is Morgan on the Pit Stop.

36. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Naomi blue-shelling the winner has at least made her place in the show worthwhile after coasting through two seasons undetected.

The irony is that up to this point, the fanbase was convinced that Naomi was being done dirty by the dreaded 'edit' and she probably would have left this season the underdog fan fave, but now Manila has instead.

Penelope and Diddy like this.
  37. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

“Blue-shelling” :D

38. Raining On Me

I already feel over it and of course it is just a silly drag show after all. What seems clear though is that giving power to the queens instead of Ru having the vote (not that THAT'S always a good idea, and that's perhaps naively assuming none of this was orchestrated by the string pullers) means we're going to end up with more of a mess finishing order wise than a regular season. But if we just want random drama and shocks and take it for what it is that's fine I suppose.

Also I don't care that Naomi sent Manila home - she played the game, made a huge impression after already stealing the episode and did EXACTLY what Manila kept planning to do anyway :D

ameraal likes this.
  39. cwej

cwej User

I'm sad that Naomi sent Manila home, but I'm not angry. Rules is rules. Idiots that don't make use of the rules to their advantage are damn stupid at this point.

I am however angry that the rules are what they are. It makes no sense and weakens the 'All Star Winners' field significantly. The rules for All Stars and the normal show should arguably be swapped. That way if someone is 'unfairly eliminated' by a queen choosing them in the normal show, they can at least be brought back at a later date for All Stars with the 'fairer rules'.

Monique once again under-appreciated by the judges. I think she should have been top 2.

Overall ranking:

1. Monique
    2. Naomi
    3. Trinity
    4. Monet
    5. Latrice

I just can't see those top 2 as All Star winners though... It's a bizarre line-up.

Also: the criticism they'll get if ANOTHER white girl wins the All Star crown when the final 5 are four black girls and Trinity... I honestly think that would blow up (possibly unfairly, because I can see why people think Trinity should win, even if she's not someone I particularly like).

40. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I was a bit lost about what a family resemblance was supposed to mean. They were very insistent on it, but it seemed a bit nebulous. Did it just mean the same make-up and hair?

Well Trinity went that way and was just safe.
    Latrice kind of did, or at least had enough glittery bin bags for everyone, and ended up bottom with Manila, who just went for “couples Halloween party”.

Naomi kind of did until a gender switch to become her husband(?), it was good wha takes they have to do with.. oh never mind.

Monique just went with a conceptual Megazord approach, and Monet had enough sparkly leotards to go around.

I’m just not sure how any of it made sense, especially since most of the Judies were different ethnicities from their partners.

And then there seemed to be a lot of weight (or at least talk) about the dance number that we barely saw!