AS4 E09: Sex and the Kitty Girl

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by Phoenix, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

What a dreary challenge. Thank god Monique was there to be entertaining.

I really didn’t understand why Trinity was on top when all she did was make googly eyes at the camera.

It’s between Monique and Naomi for me for the win.

Chlammy likes this.
  2. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

I'm just here to say that Monet's look is by far one of the worst I have EVER seen on Drag Race. Fluorescent pig couture.

Pipo, Raining On Me, cwej and 2 others like this.
  3. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Awful challenge and episode on the whole. Monique was alright, but then she was just being Monique.

ameraal likes this.
  4. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

I agree with Phoenix on everything though in fairness there had to be someone else on top. Monet, Trinity and Naomi were all rough in the challenge. Latrice was a little better but had a poor runway.

Monique should have just been given supreme power because she saved this episode. In the challenge she was good but the episode as a whole made me remember why I liked her so much in S9.

Naomi and her to be top two, although I doubt we're escaping Trinity.

Manila's loss was felt.

5. ameraal

ameraal true love is making a comeback

this episode was a chore. how many shit acting challenges can they actually come up with? the writing was painful, the acting was painful, cringe.

just for perspective the top five include a queen who can't keep her wig on to save her life, one who looks like she's still in season 4, another who keeps saying how good she is (yet we never get to see it) and earnest the tuck who is annoying the fuck out of me.

the lipsync (to one of my favourite songs ever) was shit too. at least latrice is finally gone.

ps how lovely is felicity huffman? *.*

Diddy and Dark Carnival like this.
  6. Ag

Ag User

Shit episode. Correct elimination.

7. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

SCREAMING at Naomi’s critique being that she made SJP’s character unlikeable.

Not even a HINT of irony!

Diddy, Beverley and ameraal like this.
  8. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Yeah, I found it quite a slog, and not entirely because I'm still pissed about the result last week.

And on that note

COB and Alla like this.
  9. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

What a rubbish episode. They're all shit actors and Naomi was the only one with any imagination for the runway.

Manila would have killed both challenges. #BitterBitch

Alla likes this.
  10. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Great lip synch though! Trinity killed it!

11. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Also, what a BORING Top 4.

Suedey and Alla like this.
  12. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

I’m pleased that Monique had a moment but this episode was really missing Manila

Do we know how they are deciding the winner?

13. Alla

Alla ®

Does anyone care?

14. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Right? I've never seen a more underwhelming Top 4. At least with Season 10 I HATED Eureka.

If Naomi goes it'll be a flop. None of the other 3 feel like they have the starpower that Alaska and Trixie have.

15. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

That got Shangela through most of the challenges! Eureka and Latrice too!

I’m not sure I recall Cynthia Nixon saying “Oh no she betta don’t!” :D

Ag and SDF like this.
  16. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Anyway that was a fairly unfunny acting challenge, I’m not sure it would’ve been much better no matter how the queens were. I like Trinity’s stupid humour though.

Cat couture! Ok, so the top 2 just dressed like cats (albeit well), Monet attempted the pink panthress (why do I want to eat some Hippopotamousse right now?), Naomi was cute and Latrice was Fat Bebe.

Anyway yeah finally Latrice is gone so I guess that’s something.

Top 4
    1. Trinity
    1.5. Manila
    1.8. Valentina
    2. Monique
    3. Naomi
    6. Monet

ameraal likes this.
  17. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

It’s a really underwhelming Top 4 despite Monique being my favourite throughout.

Manilla and Valentina both feel like they should be there so I agree with the ranking above But not necessarily Trintity at the top.

That episode was crap I can’t even comment beyond that.

18. cwej

cwej User

I want Monique to win but can't see her doing it.

I think it's going to Trinity, who would be my last choice of these 4, but I just can't see any of the other 3 as an All-Stars winner..!

1. Monique
    2. Naomi
    3. Monet
    4. Trinity

Monique was by far the stand out and I loved her look on the runway. I think Trinity's look was good too.

Latrice and Monet both looked awful.

Beverley likes this.
  19. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

I think that ranks as one of the worst challenges I've ever seen on Drag Race - and this far into an All Stars season as well :D

Only Monique was funny, nobody else was, not even for a second and what was all the clown shit about? It was so poorly done.

Trinity did not deserve top 2 (not for the first time either). You had the best, most iconic character to work with and arguably the easiest, but it was so far off the mark. Latrice and Monet had a lot less to work with but still terrible regardless. Naomi came across as someone who has never seen a single second of Sex and the City but god at least she TRIED.

The critiques were painful. Are they genuinely scared to lay into them at this stage because it's the final 5 All Stars and god forbid they highlight what a thoroughly undeserving bunch they all are?

Monique for the win please if we must pick.

20. Raining On Me

By eliminating all the talented and likeable queens and seeing who's left to mop up?

21. Phoenix

You’re all forgetting (or have probably blocked) My Best Squirlfriend Dragmaid’s Wedding Trip which was on the same level as this last season.

Chlammy and Beverley like this.
  22. Raining On Me

I don't think it much matters that Monique was being Monique. If a queen is capable of being funny and convincingly pulling off a task by being themselves, then all the better really instead of endless misfires or worse, being yourself continuously and any combination of bland/ghastly/disingenuous.

cwej likes this.
  23. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Yeah I'd say this was about on a par with that. You really need a Bendela or Jinkx level talent to elevate the terrible, terrible scripts of these things, and none of this lot were up to it.

I think the top two was correct. Monique was a standout and I could see that Trinity was at least attempting some kind of characterisation.

Probably fair that Latrice went in the scheme of things, even though she was very obviously third in terms of the performances. At least you can all shut up about how dreadful she apparently is now.

If it was judged purely on the performances in the episode with no 'report card' nonsense, I'd have sent Monet home. She was crap in the challenge and that pink panther look was a disaster.

It really does feel like Trinity is the only one who deserves to win now.

Beverley likes this.
  24. lolly

I just don't like that I feel I can argue a stronger case AGAINST any of them winning than I can in favour of it.

25. cwej

cwej User

I think I'd have gone for Naomi top 2, because she gave it her all, even if it was off the mark.

26. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

It's weird to me that Monet has the second(?) most wins. I can't think of a single thing she did especially well all season. I guess the roast was her moment, but it was only really good in comparison to how terrible almost everyone else was.

Naomi's put the effort in, but she just really lacking in charisma and talent outside of her fashion choices.

Monique has been very good. I could live with her winning - although she's also had some very ropey moments and her short run on her own season feels like it should count against her a bit. I suppose it didn't hurt Trixie though...

Trinity's had the highest highs for me of those who remain, even if she bombed a couple of the challenges pretty badly.

27. Phoenix

I just find Trinity so unlikeable. I get why she’s good but there’s something that just doesn’t sit right with me.

Chlammy and cwej like this.
  28. lolly

I don't think Monique's previous short run should count against her at all. It's a level playing field when the season starts.

cwej likes this.
  29. cwej

cwej User

Agreed. I think it should count against whether or not she was selected for the season in the first place - I'm not sure she should have even been here, but she's made the most of the second go (a bit like Aja did actually - though Monique has now gone considerably further than Aja).

30. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Monique vs Naomi final two please.

Though my gut tells me we're getting Trinity vs Monet with the latter winning. O_o

31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh CAN we now? What a relief! Maybe you can shut up about Trixie every thread too!

Or maybe we can just keep saying what we think about current contestants of this reality series!

Raining On Me likes this.
  32. Phoenix

Who shat in your bidet?

VoR likes this.
  33. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Nobody, just reacting to a reaction, but be selective as you like!

34. ameraal

wasn't latrice dreadful though?

Raining On Me and Diddy like this.
  35. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I was wondering how this all would have played out had Latrice not been eliminated when she was, and Valentina had gone before. Then in all likelihood Valentina would have returned and it would be all over the place

36. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

No no no! I really would be most disappointed in Monét winning

Her runway looks of the 4 are the most basic and bitch thinks she’s funnier than she is

lolly and Chlammy like this.
  37. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I'm not into the Top 4. I would be disappointed if any of them aside of Trinity won, and I didn't even want her to win in the first place.

38. ameraal

the top four is really underwhelming but i am not doubt team naomi.

she's the best of the bunch and as there isn't a more experienced queen with a good legacy (like manila) i would rather someone young and promising to take the prize.

at the end of the day i want my drag queens to look fierce and put on an amazing lipsync. humour is a bonus but as none of the others have it either (sorry, but all of monet, monique and trinity have been unfunny this season), i'm happy to back someone who can command a stage and seems to be a pretty lovely and humble person.

all i know is if i have to rank my top moments this season both of naomi's lipsyncs would be in it.

i do like them all but monet has been as busted as ever on the runways, monique brown cown stunning's edges are really rough and trinity, polished as she is, is just not as good at anything as we are made to think. she had a couple of good runways and that was it (i'll give you the caitlyn jenner impersonation too as i was probably one of a very few that didn't care for it).

unless there's some crazy shake up at the end this all stars will go out on a very underwhelming note.

ps being good at an "acting" challenge on drag race is like arguing on the internet. it's just over the top buffoonery that is only good for slapstick youtube videos in the real world.

Chlammy likes this.
  39. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

What annoyed me most about the challenge is that at the start you had Ru encouraging them all to overact and then they were all told to rein it in...

40. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I'm just watching the show out of duty now. Would they ever bring back a SECOND queen in the same season? Manila returning is the only solution