AS4 EP06: LaLaPaRuZa

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

Naomi killed it. She looked hot as fuck.

Latrice on the other hand just came off unlikeable and entitled but hey maybe FOURTH time’s the charm. Also her “legendary” lipsync was busted, it had no flow more like stop motion animation (before they speed it up) and Monique definitely beat her ass.

Iguana, Zu-Klara, Alex and 2 others like this.
  2. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

Naomi was amazing. Valentina was great. Trinity was good.

And yes, Monique beat Latrice.

Suedey likes this.
  3. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

I was the biggest Latrice defender but this episode has made me rethink my position. I can only echo all the previous posts in this thread.

4. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

Girl, this episode made me soooo nervous. I was nervous for each lipsync. And to be honest I was always rooting for the current queen, coz that's FAIR you know. So I'm glad how it went.

Naomi wins the whole episode if you ask me, everything she did was simply jaw-dropping. I love it when the lipsync isn't just the obvious twirls and kicks and splits and she delivered.

Iguana, ameraal and Suedey like this.
  5. Dark Carnival

From best to worst

Naomi vs. Gia
    Latrice vs. Monique (it got messy in the end)
    Trinity vs. Jasmine
    Valentina vs. Farrah

6. Dark Carnival

Also Monique vs. Latrice was an OBVIOUS double shantay.

7. Suedey

Monique was so much better. I would have thought it was a SASHAY AWAY TIME for Latrice.

8. Dark Carnival

Monique won indeed!

9. Suedey

SIDEBAR: anyone else been THRUST into a RuPaul Drag Race RuWIND EXTRAVAGANZA as a result of AS4? AS3 didn't really do that for me ... I'm back on S3 now to RUWIND Manila's original GAGWORTHY moments :disco:

10. ameraal

ameraal trash

some solid moments there. i also loved naomi, she needed this to remind people why she's a contender and at this point i think she's my favourite personality-wise and in my top 3 together with manila and valentina.

valentina was great, farrah was ok. gia was good, trinity had the worst song and the lipsync was blah - i officially have zero time for jasmine (manila was on point for calling her out).

monique totally won and i can't say i'm happy to have latriche back. i'm back to liking monique, maybe because she hasn't referenced brown cows an entire episode, but i cannot with her make up.

also: did someone switch rupaul's meds? she was feeling it and proper looked like she was having fun.

Iguana likes this.
  11. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Naomi was amazing- every time I discount her, she comes back with something like that. Truly deserving of being a contender.

Latrice vs Monet was obviously going to be a double shantay, absolutely, but I think both were worthy- they were definitely 2nd and 3rd of the week, behind Naomi. Now, let's see if Latrice can fucking BRING IT- I loved her this episode, she was great fun throughout and reminded me why I liked her. I didn't get the "entitled" thing this week at all...

VERY glad Monique didn't go home though- it would have been massively unfair if so. The other duels were all obvious, though.

VoR likes this.
  12. Sheena

Oh and why didn't she use famous songs of her own all the way through? "Kitty Girl" and "Sissy That Walk" were so much better than "Adrenaline" (WHAT?) and "Peanut Butter", which is possibly one of the worst things I've EVER HEARD...

13. Suedey

I think it was more for the potential 'gag-worthy' moments in "Adrenaline" (the "can I get it to go" breakdown moment) and "Peanut Butter" (the potential for jigglyness buffoonery) rather than the SONGS themselves but I do agree that they are both ABORTIONS in that regard...

14. Ag

Ag User

I wasn't expecting much from this episode, but that was really great. Naomi Smalls was obviously a HUGE REVELATION. Talk about legs up to your tits.

I'm not happy that Latrice is back, because she's proven herself to be a BITTER CUNT with only a percentage of the talent she's alleged to have. On the All Stars stage that's been highlighted on every episode.

15. Sheena

I loved Latrice and I agree with you mostly, except one thing- she is immensely talented, as her season showed. We’ve just forgotten because she’s been rotten this time around, because she’s so entitled. I hope this is the kick up the arse that changes things.

16. Suedey

I can't see that happening but I do live in HOPE...

I hope Naomi continues in her 'dark horse' trajectory all the way to the top 3.

My updated preferred top 3:

1. Manila
    2. Naomi
    3. Monique

But really apart from Manila, the rest of the top 3 is ANYBODY's as far as I'm concerned except for Monet (JUST GO ALREADY).

EXCITING SEASON!

17. Sheena

Monet is entirely deserving of being where she is. She was the real winner of that roast for me.

18. Suedey

Only Manila and Monet were anywhere near good in that roast, and whilst I agree that she was funnier than Manila I find Monet's overall aesthetic severely lacking in comparison to the others. It's still a significant level below the rest. And yes it's not just about the runway but it's just all so jarring with her...

19. Sheena

I’d generally agree with that except the last two weeks she has been brilliant on the runway...

20. Ag

Ag User

It's hard to remember anything that amazing in terms of talent beyond "get those nuts...".

Feel free to prove me wrong!

To boot her behaviour in Snatch Game was UNPROFESSIONAL and HYPOCRITICAL. For someone who rants about professionalism, she's certainly gets put off her game easily and descends into looking like a moody and hard to work with ARSE.

monsta, Zu-Klara, Diddy and 1 other person like this.
  21. Ag

Ag User

Monet mostly does look like shit, but as a fan, I'm delighted she's doing so well. I prefer her to Monique. It pays off to be a top lip syncer and comedy queen. If she could do fashion, she'd be a proper threat.

I do like Trinity, but her lip sync is SO PREDICTABLE.

22. Suedey

I'm sort of over Trinity... I've always had RESPECT for her craft but I guess I've never really been a FAN. And her attitude this season reminds me of Alaska in AS2 but she's not an Alaska. Not for me anyway. I feel like she has now peaked as far as AS4 goes - but again I'm happy to be proven wrong.

That being said, her "Stronger" Britney lipsync remains one of my favourite all time RPDR moments, even though she actually LOST that. THAT's how good BOTH of them were....

23. ameraal

ameraal trash

sidebar: am i the only one who has to suppress the world's biggest eye roll everytime some queen starts going on about perfecting their craft in the high art world of drag?

i mean respect for all the effort that goes into applying make-up, styling hair, dancing, memorising lyrics, making people laugh etc (and all with your dick taped up your arse) but they could take it down a notch.

24. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Not to be an apologist but I do think the villain edit is fairly obvious with Latrice right now, which is a puzzling move because she's such a beloved queen. I guess after Gia left they didn't have anywhere else to manufacture drama though...

Yes she reacted poorly to her bottom 2 placement in the Jersey Justice, but I don't feel like anything she said in last night's episode was particularly bad. She's just a straight talker. She said multiple times that she bore Monique no ill will for her decision and I believe her. Yes she still picked her, but that's right for the story. If she wanted to be a devious cunt about it she had the opportunity to choose poor useless Farrah and stroll back into the competition.

It's a shame she's not BRINGING IT, but the way the show is trying to destroy her reputation doesn't sit well with me. She's hardly Phi Phi.

Sheena likes this.
  25. Suedey

I don't think it's a villain edit at all. IF Latrice was BRINGING IT, it would have made all her talking head segments all the more DELICIOUS in a 'yes werk mama you're fierce' type of way but the fact is she simply isn't and sorry but I won't go down the 'blame the edit' route for her. And I really don't think the show is trying to destroy her reputation at all. Not seeing that at all.

ameraal and Phoenix like this.
  26. Suedey

I shrug it off as American-style self importance. It's a cultural thing. Doesn't bother me personally but I can see how it can piss some people off...

27. Ag

Ag User

She's being actively INACTIVE in the challenges. You can't edit DOING NOTHING.

Zu-Klara, Alex and Suedey like this.
  28. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

So we’re back at the exact same stage we were at three episodes ago ok cool :square:

Suedey likes this.
  29. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Obviously she's no PhiPhi, but I'm not buying Latrice being a victim of the edit, either.

I agree with Suedey about the Alaska comparison (again, without being Alaska), but although Alaska's tantrum was unedifying to say the least, I got the impression it was borne of the work she'd put in since S5; as I've said before she took everything the show gave her and ran with it hard - nearly failing just before the final (and after slaying almost every week to that point) clearly ruined her, so I don't believe it's entitlement' in the way of Latrice. She, as far as I see it, had been coasting pretty much lazily throughout the competition relying on her legacy, and when she hasn't been able to do that, thrown a hissyfit over the unprofessionalism of others.

Let's hope she goes the way of the majority of returning queens.

Penelope, cwej, Zu-Klara and 2 others like this.
  30. lolly

Is it too late to mark her down in the rate, @Alla?

31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

TWICE!

Zu-Klara likes this.
  32. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Anyway I was gagging, both draggily from Naomi’s lipsync (best of the season?) and orally from the Latrice save. Twirls and splits, ok great, Monique tore it up, and to practically the Ru song to end all Ru songs.

Most of the episode was just blah drama that we had seen before, and Latrice taking up too much of it.

“I’m not even bothered! ... but she sent me home out of spite, CLEARLY... but I don’t bear any ill will... except to her for her misdeeds!!... I’m just going to enjoy myself and love life... and show her what I’m made of even if I have to choke it out of her cold dead eyes!!!”

She was like the drag version of Gollum

BUT WE HATES IT!!! *hiss*

33. Sheena

But that’s the whole FUN. Latrice knows how to give good (talking) head. She knows how to bring the drama- I didn’t see it as cunty at all...

Isn’t it funny how the same thing brings such completely different responses!

Suedey likes this.
  34. Ag

Ag User

Still waiting for proof of the alleged talent.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  35. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Tbh I was getting tired of MOST queens going on about how great they were. Just do it!

I feel like a bit of momentum has fallen off the series now, especially as we are back to 7 queens with 3 episodes left.

36. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

So what do we think, 2 normal eliminations with a top 5 song? Or an omg a twiiiist double elimination with a top 4?

I presume there will be a song episode to plug Super Queen?

37. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh here we are. I think you’ll agree that it’s quite impressive. All that amazing belov’d talant showcased in under 90 seconds. LIMITED doesn’t even begin to describe it

Incidentally she looked absolutely SHIT on this week’s runway: that dress was vile. Being fat ain’t no excuse for TAT. Also, I thought that the tone of her oh! how we laughed SASSY CHAT with the other girls bordered on the threatening. GET HER OUT

Ag likes this.
  38. lolly

I'm readying my pitchfork

39. Suedey

KILL HER

And ARIANA GRANDE TOO

Chlammy and Zu-Klara like this.
  40. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D