AS4 EP06: LaLaPaRuZa

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Jan 16, 2019.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Like a BLACK PRISCILLA WHITE

2. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I mean I’m sure she’s fine for the calibre of queen you might find down BJ’s White Swan of a wet Wednesday but Latrice darling, you’re amongst PROFESSIONALS NOW!

Penelope, Ill Advised and Suomi like this.
  3. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

OMG White Swan!! Talk about blast from the past.. that's the one in Limehouse right? It was a HAUNT for Suedey circa '08-'9! :disco:

Ill Advised likes this.
  4. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D The very one! @Shirley has been there too (I think) and adored it, just before popping back to Chrisp Street in the dead of night with a saveloy in her handbag :disco:

Suedey likes this.
  5. lolly

Is there still a gay sauna in Limehouse?

6. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Yes, the grubby Sailors. That’s the one where they’ve started serving hot meals :disco:

7. lolly

Ooh LOVELY

I imagine the food hygiene is SECOND TO NONE

cwej and Suedey like this.
  8. lolly

Seriously though, couldn't you just get a deliveroo brought straight to your cabin?

9. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Well you could but there’s no need, thanks to those delicious hot soups served at the jacuzzi by head chef Yvonne :disco:

Penelope and cwej like this.
  10. lolly

I imagine you'd get more flavour just dipping an empty mug in :zombie:

Penelope, Suedey and Zu-Klara like this.
  11. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D Anyway, back on topic, I thought Valentina was rather thrilling in the lip sync, as indeed she was last time. There’s something about the unshakable (nay slightly delusional :disco:) self-belief and somewhat fixed facial expression which does it for me every time, not to mention the channelling of a certain Miss Lear

CURRENT TOP THREE

1. Manila
    2. Valentina
    3. Naomi

Penelope, Chlammy and ameraal like this.
  12. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I'm still having anxiety from the Monique and Lattice lipsync. I really enjoyed it and I'm glad that both got to stay.

I have absolutely NO problem with Latrice's attitude. She brought the drama and she brought the CUNT and I liked seeing Monique quaking in her boots. Maybe Lattice isn't able to keep up with how Drag Race has evolved since her season, but I will always have major love for her and ain't no 'reality' show gonna change that.

13. ameraal

ameraal trash

i thought it was extremely poor. discounting the i'm not pressed but really i am bitterness, she still acts like she's entitled to the prize, she was overdoing it from the get go going into the room, getting into all the drama, saying monique wasn't on the necessary level to eliminate her (five g's) and reacting so pressed to naomi's dig. i proper dislike her at this point.

Ag, Penelope, cwej and 2 others like this.
  14. ameraal

ameraal trash

and once again, i loved rupaul this episode. she should spend more time with stacey lane matthews.

15. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Can we just take a moment to talk about how hideous Latrice looked on the runway?! Awful!

Anyway I thought this episode was great, Naomi got to have her moment and was the total winner of the night. I knew Gia would back down from going up against Trinity.

So glad the heart of the season lives on :disco:

Zu-Klara and ameraal like this.
  16. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh I’ve got all evening to talk about THAT

Loving them HIGH FASHION SEQUENCE :disco:

17. ameraal

ameraal trash

she was giving me this:

[​IMG]

Ag, Chlammy, SDF and 2 others like this.
  18. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

19. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I’ve rarely seen a horse look so coquettish. Bit saucy with that one eye covered. OMG maybe it’s illuminati :shock:

Also liking the fanny at the front and the prim little legs

20. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Just watch the season back. She was definitely one of the strongest queens that year. Her lip sync was incredible, she was good at the comedy challenges...

I haven’t watched it for ages, but otherwise that’s just rewriting the truth.

21. cwej

cwej User

FUCK OFF!!! MONIQUE STAYED?!?!

My internet cut out and when it came back on I accidentally forwarded to the bit where Latrice was told she was staying so I assumed Monique was out and came straight here as the internet was so patchy....!!

Fuck yes! SO deserved. I was going to be pissed if Latrice beat her after Monique has consistently outperformed her all competition.

But wow - Naomi was incredible. Finally I see what her potential is.

22. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I wonder why the queens chose those lipsticks REALLY. It was certainly narratively useful for the “wronged queens” angle. I mean they all went against the queen that eliminated them, except Gia who couldn’t

But I don’t think as competitors they’d have chosen like that?

Monique has record as having some really duff lip-stynks, so she would probably be thought of as the weakest.

Naomi was largely untested so much have seemed a decent gamble for Gia over Trinity and Valentina

Farrah I guess probably would have been dumb enough to go for Valentina thinking she could win.

23. cwej

cwej User

It totallymade sense that they'd choose those. Latrice was goingto choose Monique because she's a bitter bitch. After that, the next three queens chose the person who would 'appear' the weakest IMO. As it happened, Naomi slayed, but I'd have assumed she'd have been the weakest of the remaining three if I'd have been Gia.

24. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

Someone tell Latrice if she’s going to do a wig reveal, have an interesting wig to reveal

That flat black ponytail was not it

cwej, Beverley, Suedey and 1 other person like this.
  25. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

I for one am still SCANDALISED at @VoR accusing Sissy That Walk of being a TIRED LOW-ENERGY VOCODER WORKOUT

ARREST HIM! :evil:

SDF, Ag, Alex and 1 other person like this.
  26. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

SECONDED!

Although in his defence, we didn’t know they’d be established songs by that point, and it could have been new ones. Thankfully not.

There’s a “theory” on Instagram *yawn yes I know* that they knew the songs they’d get, since Jasmine seemed to be listening to Peanut Butter on camera. I don’t see how it makes much difference, if it was like a normal lipsync, they’d know all the songs in advance, so it was just lucky it was Jasmine’s.

Easy to rig though, you’d just have to have all 4 suitcases say Peanut Butter and change it each time. WHO CARES ANYWAY i don’t know WHY I even bothered typing it

Suedey and ameraal like this.
  27. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Though Jasmine and Gia didn’t really make it look like these were well-known songs :D did Jasmine learn a single word?!

28. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah me again, sorry it’s a bit OT but this made me :D

Zu-Klara and ameraal like this.
  29. ameraal

ameraal trash

yes! we were talking about this yesterday thoroughly convicted that even if the queens didn't know what songs they'd be getting, the producers decided which pair lipsynced to what song. what they got suited them quite conveniently and the order of the songs culminating in sissy that walk was just too perfect.

i really want receipts now):

30. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’m happy to let it slide for the sake of entertainment. Kitty girl was a bit crap though

I mean of course they give Trin the arse jiggling one

31. ameraal

ameraal trash

it's not kitty girl without feel your puss deep in your soul ):

Beverley, Penelope, SDF and 3 others like this.
  32. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

I always that it was that way anyway right from when they started this format (S9 I believe). The songs always appeared clearly tailored to the performances and most obviously so in this most recent episode.

33. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

Sasha did an interview saying what her plan was for Stronger (it would......not have been the unanimously acclaimed all-time highlight So Emotional was) so I think they're told to prepare for all of them for finals.

34. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

:D I think this might be my favourite Minj moment ever (not that there have been many)

Diddy and Beverley like this.
  35. cwej

cwej User

I don't believe for a second that they don't know WHO is going with WHO at the finals and exactly WHAT they are singing. The way they set up the final with 'who will be lipsyncing?', the 'random' spin (which is the only random thing) them 'choosing' their partner and then 'choosing' a box. I'm convinced that they're told 'this is your partner and if your name is spun, then this is the person you pick and this is the box number you pick' in advance.

Suedey likes this.
  36. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

That’s the only bit I couldn’t work out, the wheel spinning. If that was being rigged then all the gays in the audience would definitely have mouthed off about their exclusive insider T.

The queens would have to be in cahoots, choosing the partner they had already decided openly. I guess they could still choose by themselves, but that gives the producers a chance to plan and know exactly what pairs would be syncing.

37. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

But then again Sasha seemed to indicate they didn’t know the songs so I don’t know. I guess aside from knowing their partner, the rest might still be a mystery from the queens.

I’d like to think the producers were just picking the best lipsyncs for the duels rather than trying to rig a winner. All 4 were pretty strong lip syncers so I think it would be hard to stack the deck in that regard.

AS4 mid-season has a lot more in the way of storylines to promote so of course it was RIGOR MORRIS

38. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh and one more thing :D

39. cwej

cwej User

Because Sasha has to play the script. They will undoubtedly all be under secrecy contracts for secrets like that and be asked to say that what we see on TV is the 'real story'. I actually think they probably do something as simple as toss a coin a week in advance to see who goes with who, so that the queens see it as fair, but then they only have to prepare one lipsync, so their 'reveals' and things like that can be appropriate for the song they are going to perform.

40. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’m sure if it was totally scripted to hell, some pissed off queen would have said about it by now. So yeah, I guess it’s part planning a good storyline, part logistics (and depending on the occasion, part riggery)