AS5 E05: Snatch Game of Love

Discussion in 'RuPaul's Drag Race' started by dUb, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Who’s been claiming that on here? :D

2. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

3. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

That's even worse than when Vinegar Strokes tried to 'own' "Hodge Podge Couture". It's a sad attempt at trying to turn something boring and cringey into something 'memorable'.

4. straightorbroken

straightorbroken reflected onto the wet pavement

Even in this episode she's making "cut-to" suggestions for the editors.

And what is wrong with not only Cracker, but the people around her not clapping for Aquaria? She genuinely thinks she should be winning everything :D

5. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

Now THIS is funny.

6. COB

COB Spice Up!

She's claimed it herself! Before season 10 she said she was the wittiest and quickest queen to ever stand on the main stage. And now she has two mediocre Snatch Games to prove it :tongueout:

7. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

The tomfoolery in this ep was almost as flagrant as the lack of talent.

Alexis's snatch was as loose as her chin definition, but she pulled it off through sheer conviction. Jujubee's characterisation and charisma made up for her lack of actual material. Shea gave a very good performance, without it ever speaking to me at all. Cracker was just a hook-nosed girl in a dress, with a Gaga catchphrase generator plugged into her back. "Shit on it, vomit on it" would have been my phrase of choice.

Shea's Open Your Heart was poise personified. The only queen more imperious is Marge herself.

Vanjie is a warning from history to internet gays not to confuse memeability with talent. The hissing cat meme for next week's lip synch assassin. I guess... there's room for everybody.

What in the slut-hell high school did India go to if she thinks THAT is a prom look?

This season makes even a messy bottom shitting himself seem put together.

8. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

And THAT is THAT! :disco:

9. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Another interesting Diddterpretation. I was talking about the Gaga portrayal, which made very little impact beyond it just being one of the crap ones of the episode. Going by her video she clearly thought she was going to be torn apart over it, but nobody really cares enough.

10. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

It set her up for a MASSIVE fall. It's like something an Apprentice candidate would say - and we all know how Apprentice candidates are revered

COB likes this.
  11. Chlammy

Chlammy Climb on through my window.

Still revering Lucinda Ledgerwood in 2020.

[​IMG]

cwej, Suomi, Will and 2 others like this.
  12. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

well let’s not fall out, I wasn’t singling you out. I don’t know why I’m still posting about it.

India was trash, Cracker landed nothing (I thought she was going to be Cinderella from the look), Alexis was lucky to be with those two.
    Lord deliver us all

13. COB

COB Spice Up!

I think we criticised it more last time, but the Snatch Game of Love format is just not as good as the traditional form - I want to see all the queens interacting with each other :(

14. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

QUEEN

15. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

agreed
    They should’ve done Snatch Game of Love for the UK!

16. Loufoque

And anyone doubting the tightness of Shea's lip needs to re-assess their taste levels

Obviously the song itself in all its towering magnificence deserves a RESPECTFUL lipsynch, without Monet X Change slamming her meaty tuck and bad drag into the ground umpteen times just to get Ru to make her go-to open mouth expression I'm sure they edit in in post production

I have put on the 10 minute extended mix and I'm imagining a fantasy lip between me and @Suedey, with me playing Gaga (younger, more talented) to her Marge, but with her winning it out of sheer conviction and self-belief (ie. her characterisation was more on point)

Suedey and Chlammy like this.
  17. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Let’s hope your Gaga would be better than Cracker’s.

Suedey likes this.
  18. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

So if things will go the way AS3 went, Jujubee will leave in a shock elimination next week, Shea will not get enough votes to reach the final lip sync, and Cracker will win the crown.

19. Loufoque

Oh now she's turning on Cracker finally. I thought you stanned stumpy bottoms with pony legs.

Dark Carnival and wurst like this.
  20. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Blair going next week feels too neat. I'm guessing it will be Alexis or Cracker.

21. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

:D

You know full well I’ve always been anti-Cracker. I’m only loving her now because of her caballine physique and because I feel sorry for her.

22. Loufoque

Cracker's ultimate win would be on-brand for All-Stars. Very much in the Trixie vein of a blonde, white queen thinking she's much smarter and funnier than she is, and systemic racism validating her own commitment to her lack of talent.

Suedey, cwej, Dark Carnival and 2 others like this.
  23. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I can see the temptation but apart from being white comedy queens I think Trixie is leagues ahead of Cracker. (Didn’t they both rightly think they did shit in Snatch Game?)

24. Loufoque

They are both blonde, white "comedy" queens who aren't funny, who seem to be given a pass for I don't know what reason. The only difference for me is that Trixie is more financially successful and famous.

25. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

They obviously consciously course-corrected in AS4 (though they gave it to the wrong queen IMO) but I think a major problem is that AllStars is so obviously scripted to the post-show success of its competitors.

Trixxie made a fantastic career out of her mediocre Drag Race run, and that's to her credit. But her winning AllStars 3 made a joke of the whole season, because as good as she might be at doing funny YouTube videos with Katya, she's a terrible competitor.

Still ten times the queen Cracker is, mind.

26. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

Well, Cracker isn’t really white white, she’s a beautiful Jewess and we haven’t had a Jewish winner since Sasha (and she wasn’t even beautiful).

Gangsta Nancy Lam likes this.
  27. RaspberrySwirl

RaspberrySwirl Leftover

The whole race of the winners issue is really stupid, but yes, they gave it to the wrong queen last season; it should have been NAOMI.

But Monet has been such an amazing queen ever since, so it kind of justifies her win.

Chlammy likes this.
  28. dUb

dUb X HALLE

I find Trixie extremely funny on We Like To Watch and Unnnnhhh. It’s just the right setting for her kind of humour. And Katya’s actually, I saw her attempting standup and it was excruciating.

29. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

DId we know about this! :D

30. COB

COB Spice Up!

I'd heard SOMETHING about it :tongueout:

dUb and Tisch like this.
  31. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Did we read page 3 of this thread? :D

Tisch likes this.
  32. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

OH. :D

Fine, let's move on. Have we discussed how SHIT Cracker is yet? Don't know if anyone else thinks so...

33. Suomi

Suomi User

I think the problem with AllStars stems from series 2, where they basically put all the best queens in one mega season instead of spreading them out wisely.

Miz Cracker would be wiser choosing a career where she could perfect her comedy writing, rather than trying to both write and perform. I think she’s got some good outlines of jokes, but there’s a reason arrogant people aren’t funny, and that’s because they never really have had to be.

34. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

I’m rewatching Drag Race Season 2, Juju just went down the runway saying she felt like Eartha Kitt :o

35. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Personally I’m enjoying the season just fine but yes, start bringing back queens that have already gone before other than Season 1 and problem should be solved.

36. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Yeah, it’s not like it’s without precedent since they’re bringing so many AS1 queens back. I wonder if we will see Pandora again, or Yara

37. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Still holding out for Mimi Imfurst

Suedey and Tisch like this.
  38. straightorbroken

straightorbroken reflected onto the wet pavement

I'd be on tender hooks for Pandora, but I guess it couldn't get much worse for her (and Mimi really would have to be invited too of course).

39. dUb

dUb X HALLE

I think we can expect at least half of the AS6 lineup to be comprised of S12 queens. They’re very well regarded and never really got a fair crack of the whip career-wise, or a proper finale etc etc

40. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

What exactly is Pandora's story?