Austerity DEAD

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by Ag, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Ag

Ag User

2. Ag

Ag User

Also Hammond can shove his Brexit 50p up his japseye.

3. Rita

Rita User

What a load of OLD SHIT.

4. Ag

Ag User

500 million on pot holes. Please, that will barely cover MY ROAD.

I mean where the fuck are we? ALBANIA?

SDF likes this.
  5. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Hanging the bunting as I type.

SDF likes this.
  6. Ag

Ag User

I'm going to get SOLID GOLD bunting. Hopefully it will shimmer in the glow of all that sovereignty we've got coming our way.

FetchFugly likes this.
  7. Mugatu

Mugatu onlyfans.com/mugatu

This is absolute nonsense, council budgets are being cut by more than £1bn next year. If anything that's where austerity is felt the most.

Can't wait to see these dead-eyed zombie Tories try to rebrand themselves as compassionate and fall flat on their faces. I absolutely guarantee they'll be back to being deficit hawks as soon as an election is called.

Beverley likes this.
  8. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

I thought Theresa May already announced it was OVER? We'll doubtless be getting the same announcements from the same fuckers in ten years.

9. Ag

Ag User

There was a line in the budget:

3.3 million more people in work since 2010

What does that even MEAN? Of course more people have jobs, there are MORE PEOPLE and more SHIT JOBS!

10. Ag

Ag User

The only thing I see that I really like is 2 billion more a year for mental health services, which is hopefully a significant boost. But it has been wilfully underfunded for SO LONG, we'll SEE.

11. Slave

Slave User

Many emergency departments still don’t have 24 hour cover - so if it even ensures that, it’ll be a start.

Unfortunately most emergency departments aren’t physically built to provide safe (ie. suicide-proof) mental health cover and I can’t even begin to predict the cost of THAT.

In fairness though, I don’t think anyone would have predicted just how quickly mental health would become a huge issue - particularly in teenagers and younger. At best the funding would’ve been reactive.

12. Ag

Ag User

I have to wonder if mental health has actually got worse or it's better diagnosed or even if more acceptable to dare I say "embrace" such issues.

13. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Pffrt. We already know our budget cuts for the next two years and are anticipating more now ringfencing has gone.

Anything provided or funded by the council is going to get a whole lot worse beforw it gets better.

14. octophone

octophone Techno Poo

Philip Hammond has the haunted and anguished look of a man trying to sneak into A&E having put a tampon up his arse and then pulled the string off by accident.

big ron likes this.
  15. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Hello zero hour contracts screwing all the figures

16. octophone

octophone Techno Poo

Yup, if you're on a zero hours contract and you get zero hours, you are "in work".

Fucking rubbish.

17. Slave

Slave User

I would say it’s definitely better diagnosed (although as we recently discussed, people seem to want a mental health label for EVERYTHING).

However I would also say that social media has really affected young people in a way that no-one really predicted. Things that might have been taboo in the past in terms of self-harm now seem to have become normalised as coping behaviours.

18. Beryl

Beryl Boy stop, step awaaaaay.

Unpopular opinion alert but for half the people I see on my Facebook bleating on about their mental health, personality disorders or anxiety I just want to scream WE ALL FEEL LIKE THAT. Build some resiliance and stop looking for an excuse to not take some responsibility for your shit life.

19. octophone

octophone Techno Poo

I did have a swear at somebody on FB for posting all that "go for a walk in the woods, that's a natural anti-depressant". I pointed out that is was all good and well if you were a wee bit down and a wee bit stressed but not if you have depression or anxiety. This, he protested, was "semantics" and people needed to stop using "attention seeking language".

We're not friends any more.

20. Jætike

Jætike Gay horses eat hay

The phenomena of self-diagnosis further proves that we need more funding for professional mental health services, not less