SCD Axe a Strictly Come Dancing Judge

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by TurnerPrize, Aug 25, 2009.

?

Who should have gone on the scrap heap?

1. Bruno

40.9%
  2. Arlene

22.7%
  3. Uncle Len

27.3%
  4. Craig

9.1%
  1. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Hello. You are the producer of Strictly Come Dancing, and it has been decided that since the show has gotten stale and quite boring you have to choose one of the judges to be taken round the back of the ballroom and shot dead. EVEN THOUGH the clearly sensible suggestion is to get rid of Tess Daly instead. She is rubbish, dead-eyed, patronising, and i don't think anybody likes her all that much (not even her own kids).

The real life producers picked Arlene, but who would you have axed?

http://i.STOP FUNDING HATE.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/27/article-0-0397F7D60000044D-293_468x286.jpg

From l-r: Bruno, Arlene, Uncle Len, Craig Revel-Horward

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. TurnerPrize

Personally i think Arlene was the single biggest draw that Strictly had. I can't understand WHY they decided to get rid, could they really not have two female judges? The X Factor does it just fine.

I don't particularly hate any of them and think this is all a big mistake, but under pressure i think i would have axed Craig. From what i've seen he's quite entertainingly bitchy, but Arlene can do that better. Also i think two gays on a panel is a bigger disgrace than two women. I mean does anybody even like gay people? I don't.

3. smexy

smexy Guest

TP, there should be an option to fire the entire show into the Sun.

Probably, Bruno.

4. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I don't really follow this show much but what does that awful mincing Italian actually bring to the table aside from incoherent ramblings and reinforced negative stereotypes? I've never once heard him give anything resembling a coherent critique.

5. TurnerPrize

Oh i could never get rid of the whole thing. My Aunty Cheryl loves it, and she's the most fabulous thing in my entire family. Also Marian Keyes would be upset, AND Claudia Winkleman would be out of work. AND more people would watch X Factor, which i think is worryingly big as it is.

6. cwej

cwej User

I like all 4 judges and think they all bring something to the judging panel more than ANY of Danni, Cheryl or Louis in X Factor. They actually ALL have genuine opinions. This is partly helped by the fact they are forced to make decisions with the voting each week. Bring that into X Factor PLEASE so they can all stop being so INSIPID and loving everyone in the final 5 or so.

However, the one I would have got rid of probably is Arlene sadly. I wouldn't have got rid at all though.

7. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

On the very rare chance that I watch this, Bruno never ceases to infuriate me with his babblings.

8. MilkyBarKid

MilkyBarKid PARTY STEPS

Bruno is definitely the most inconsistent judge. Arlene is the judge I would most want to have judging me as she actually tells people where they are going wrong and gives them constructive criticism. Len is nice enough and gives good comments but can be a bit old grandpa at times. Craig has his obvious favourites and really marks down the people he doesn't like. He is often just plain rude in his comments but occasionally gives some good advice.

9. cwej

cwej User

I think Len and Arlene are the two most prone to favouritism. They really choose who they like very early on in the series - normally with Arlene it's a handsome young male. :|

10. Kitty Kat

Kitty Kat User

Arlene annoyed me muchly.

I *heart* Bruno and Len and Craig adds a lot of constructive comments which is a vital element.

11. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Bruno - although i do like him

12. MilkyBarKid

MilkyBarKid PARTY STEPS

Actually all the judges have been prone to obvious favouritism come to think of it.

13. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Arlene was great.

RIP ARLENE.

14. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

Bruno or Len. I get irritated by both of their overmarking.

15. Win_the_game

Win_the_game Heroine

Len. I find him irritating and some of his comments are a bit below the mark.

16. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh Arlene every time! She seems to spend the show trying to think of snappy phrases to say, or shit puns.

17. BirthdayGirl

BirthdayGirl Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride

I know he's not a judge but I would axe Brucie......I literally cringe at times when he makes a half hearted attempt at a joke, his little shuffle at the bottom of the stairs makes me shudder and I just think is too old to be doing it anymore....he's just not as funny as he clearly thinks he is...

18. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

Oh get rid of Tess before Brucie, but I see what you mean.

I only want him to stay because I think he's the best chance of someone dropping dead live on Primetime TV, and I don't want to miss THAT

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  19. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Damn her for entertaining.

20. BirthdayGirl

BirthdayGirl Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride

I'd rather have Arlene and her witty replies than Brucey with his groany jokes

21. TurnerPrize

Here you go Diddy -

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fKdatVCVNU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2fKdatVCVNU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I wonder if the audience will laugh their arses off when Brucie does it :(

22. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Arlene.

She's shit. She rarely talks about dancing - instead she talks about the journey, or effort, or how sexy the people are. And they she desperately tries a pun and its inevitably shit.

TALK MORE ABOUT FOOTWORK BITCH

23. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

Is that real?

EDIT: I guess it is. I never realised it was televised - I always thought it was just on stage.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009