Azealia Banks - 212 (and other stuff)

Discussion in 'Pop Toilet' started by Suomi, Sep 26, 2011.

?

c*nt?

1. 10

37.5%
  2. 9

25.0%
  3. 8

3.1%
  4. 7

3.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

6.3%
  7. 4

6.3%
  8. 3

3.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 0

15.6%
  1. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

What an ugly crier

[video=youtube;hHQVn_ghFdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHQVn_ghFdw[/video]

2. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

3. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Missss Vaaaaaanjie

still a cunt

4. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Seeing this dreadful person "trending" I was disappointed she hadn't died (to take me up to 3 in Deathpool) or been thrown in prison. Apparently she did something with a powertool.

5. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

LOL I can post what she did but it's so HILARIOUSLY NSFW (OR LIFE)

6. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

She is not getting her deposit back.

7. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

She's too subversive for you Sharla, you like your things clearly packaged. Off ya get back to the late eighties where ya belong

8. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Yep she's been sacrificing chickens and racially abusing Sia

9. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

oh AB :(

[​IMG]

10. Halli

Its OK Pipo - cos she's a just a misunderstood young black woman

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  11. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

She's mentally ill, and goading her or wishing her dead doesn't show any sort of compassion. Quite clearly her online behaviour, just like that of Sinead O Connor, Amanda Bynes , doesn't show the thinking of a sane person. Engaging in ferocious debate with somebody going through a manic phase of their bipolar actually seems a bit cruel to me.

And being a black woman doesn't excuse any of the horrible things she has said, but I would argue that it has affected how willing some members of the public have been in tolerating aspects of this behaviour.

12. Halli

Yes I agree with all of that - which is why she should now not be given any sort of attention in terms of social media. I suppose that includes this moopy thread. what do we think? She is quite clearly mentally ill.

You are quite right - being a black woman doesn't excuse any of her behaviour, infact I think it has meant she has been able to get away with more than she would have in terms of her behaviour, her language, and her venom towards other people.

Do I feel her background and lack of privilege may have contributed to this? yes I do, and I totally understand some of her angst in terms of her actions - but do not excuse this kind of behaviour on a repeated basis.
    Imagine if Sia had said the same thing - something about Bank's black skin, her career would be over. In an instant. Azealia I feel has said this sort of thing time after time again, and in the beginning was sort of ok because 'she was an angry black woman.' The buck stops with each individual, and I do think Banks has not been called out more because of her race, and in the grand scheme of things, that could be seen as acceptable but if we want the same rules for all, then that is not.

13. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

It is of course possible to be mentally ill AND be a thoroughly unpleasant person, the sort who resorts to racial/religious/homophobic abuse whenever someone they feel threatened or provoked. Her comments towards Zayn Malik really did challenge some people who aren't convinced black people can be truly racist.

I guess it depends on whether you like the person/"artist" enough to defend them, just like Jeremy Clarkson.

Jeremy Clarkson is racist. "But I love Top Gear and he's so funny on it!!"

Jeremy Clarkson is homophobic. "He only meant it as a joke - he's so good on Top Gear!!!"

Jeremy Clarkson physically assaulted a member of his production team. "He didn't mean to hit him, he was just a tired from his busy day and Top Gear won't be the same without him"

Jeremy Clarkson supports the Remain campaign. "That cunt is opposed to BREXIT? TRAITOR"

14. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

Then you've let your own (rather strange and racist) stereotype of what black women are like dictate your perception of her behaviour. I've never once thought that her insane outbursts and venomous attacks are indicative of her being a black woman, but that you're saying you have is part of the problem.

15. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

That is not an appropriate comparison and you know it. Yes, the casual racism and homophobia from Jeremy Clarkson should of course be challenged because it represents the everyday sort of low-level water cooler racism that often goes unchallenged. Banks saying every offensive thing she can think of whilst posting in caps locks and arguing with strangers from the internet whilst trying to flog magic voodoo potions is not the same thing. Of course her comments should still be condemned, but some of the things I've read people write to and about her have been equally as abhorrent. Points scoring when somebody is having a breakdown is like shooting fish in a barrel.

16. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

of course she fucking would

Azealia Banks
    Yesterday at 3:07am ยท

Saw the entertainment line for the inauguration it made me very upset. This is an EPIC moment in modern history and it should def be celebrated in style. I would love to perform at the inauguration.

17. Mugatu

Mugatu User

"I'm a Trump supporter!" is such a lazy way to court controversy. She needs to step it up and stop swagger-jagging that aggressively conservative woman from Clueless. Sad!

Although yes, I would entirely endorse Azealia Banks performing 212 at a presidential inauguration.

18. octophone

octophone fucking ADMIN, bitches

Jesus, how many cries for help does this poor soul have to make before she goes full Kanye?

19. Mugatu

Mugatu User

Mentally ill civil rights activist Azealia bravely speaks out against noted misogynist RuPaul. The woman knows how to jump on a trending topic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

She should probably be in a home.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  21. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Or Celebrity Big Brother.

22. Lucille

Lucille User

So BITCH is a no go, but FAGGOT and SAND NIGGER are PAR FOR THE COURSE. U OK HUN??

Ag likes this.
  23. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Rupaul is sexist for saying bitch and ho, but she loves pussy-grabbing President Trump. She'll say anything for attention.

24. Marilyn

Marilyn User

The real twist is that there's a song on the new Ru album that is heavily reminiscent of Azealia's Big Big Beat, so when I saw talk of her coming for Ru I expected it to be about that. Trust Azealia to make it some random shit about an unrelated matter

25. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Clip of a typically fab new song she'll release if she hits 10k followers :bruised: on her @XoCheapy Twitter account...

26. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Very good

Suomi likes this.
  27. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Iggy Azalea has revealed there'll be a collaboration with Azealia on her new album :o

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    Suomi likes this.
  28. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

WHAT?!?!!

29. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

I KNOW RIGHT

Suomi likes this.
  30. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

It's almost as if they were both tragic has-beens desperate to generate any kind of publicity.

Pipo likes this.
  31. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

i know at this stage I GEE GEE WHY? seems desperate for a hit but Azealia?! really? was Charli XCX too busy playing on her PC?

32. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

I CAN'T WAIT

33. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Azealia Banks supported Trump and is buddies with Milo Yiannopolopolopopolopolis. The hits might not be achievavle, but she is certainly desperate for attention.

34. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Imagine slaughtering all those chicken only to get Iggy Azelia as your summon.

COB, Pipo and Suomi like this.
  35. Gangsta Nancy Lam

Gangsta Nancy Lam mess

Final Fantasy games have really gone to shit.

36. Mugatu

Mugatu User

I could take the racism, Trump supporting and ritual slaughter but working with Becky Azalea is the final straw.

37. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Also collaborating with the true winner of S9

38. OutSynk

OutSynk User

What even.

39. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Now THAT is news. Way more exciting.

So now we have a collab with a straight woman who wants to be black and a gay black man who dresses as a woman. Socially Aware Queen!

40. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

Did we ever watch this? If you've got a spare 47:29 it's well worth it. She's so articulate and engaging.

Beverley likes this.