Babylon Berlin

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Mats, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Mats

Mats User

this is for the Teutonophiles here... and everyone else really because it’s great television. crime drama set in Berlin between the two world wars, we follow Herr Rath who is looking for incriminating filth on a politician, but it’s also about revolutionary Trotskyists and the debauchery of the 1920’s in general :disco:

airs tomorrow on Sky Atlantic

2. Mats

Mats User

the performance that’s in the first shot of the trailer was GRIPPING to say the least. fabulous German angst!

@Zu-Klara , guck mal!

Zu-Klara likes this.
  3. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

This was great. I think they aired the first two series pretty much back to back either at the end of last year or the start of this.

There is another series on the way at some point too.

4. Mats

Mats User

that is WUNDERBAR news. I can’t wait for the third episode on Wednesday, I love good old flow tv and just hope they don’t have a long wait between the first and second series here

5. Mats

Mats User

I noticed it's based on a book. have you read it, @FetchFugly ? the series is still keeping me hooked. I'd love to go to those frisky illegal night clubs!

it seems there is no understanding for continental quality for our islanders here. Brexit can't come soon enough :evil:

6. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

No I haven't read the book. When it was on here it was heavily promoted but I think it didn't attract many viewers, even by Sky Atlantic standards. I'm presuming it did rather better in Germany, as it was the most expensive German series ever or something.