Bad Times At The El Royale

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by VoR, Oct 17, 2018.

?

This is no place for a priest...

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 09

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 08

100.0%
  4. 07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 06

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 05

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 04

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 03

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 02

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 01

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Really enjoyed this. It's long and definitely trying a bit too hard to be too many things at once, but it kept me engaged and the cast is fantastic. Cynthia Erivo was a revelation, her scenes with Jeff Bridges just crackled. Fabulous singing voice too.

Dakota Johnson pleasantly surprised me too. It's not the most demonstrative performance but she was very good, and she delivered the funniest line in the film, which got a big laugh in my screen.

Chris Hemsworth and his ridiculous abs do some amusing scenery chewing in the second half too, although the film does degenerate into a bit of a generic thriller at that point.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Loved this but it’s way too long. Every scene goes on for a minute or two longer than what is needed (some even more) and you wish someone would have edited it down cause it’s fun and interesting but it drags.

Worth it for the Cynthia Erivo monologue at the end. Everyone in the cast was quite good actually.

Also it’s original which is refreshing.

3. Mats

Mats User

I don't think I understand what it's about. guess that’s a good enough reason as any to watch it

4. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

I'm pretty sure that's been a factor in it bombing at the box office. It's not the easiest film to categorise.

Sort of Pulp Fiction-y but not as overtly comedic, I'd say.