Bananarama Reissues Thread

Discussion in 'The Classics - Albums and Songs' started by Sheena, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

I ended up going for it. Only because I can see it going for SHITLOADS down the line and I'll have regretted not getting it.

Mind you I said the same about the Girls Aloud singles box set... :D

2. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

Yeah, I can't be arsed with this. I would love it but it would have to be £50 max for me. I'll wait and see if it appears in a myplay UBERDEAL, but it won't trouble me if it doesn't...

3. Kalabaliken

There ARE 33 CDs though. I wonder just how full the CDs will be. At £3 a CD it's not that bad a deal.

I was just worried it would go the same way as the Belinda Box set which now goes for over £150 and that's only FOUR CDs.

4. Sheena

Y'know, I can see what you're saying, but £3 a CD for a load of old TOOT, basically? 80% of which I already own, 10% of which are mixes that I will never probably play and weren't good enough to be on the remasters, 10% instrumentals and dub versions. NAH. It's entirely overpriced.

At least the Belinda Anthology had unavailable elsewhere stuff on it, though I wish I'd gotten that myself, I agree. I do think they'll understand the market here, though- Belinda sold out as it was the first of its kind they'd done. I doubt they'll make that same mistake again and it'll be readily available...though don't shoot the messenger if that's not the case :D !

5. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

Apparently the PSB are working on some new reissue project and there's much WISHFUL THINKING that it's going to be this kind of affair

I rather DOUBT THAT but by KYLIE I'd cough up for that (unless it was a 50 x 12" single special pressing at £99000 which is MORE THAN LIKELY on past form)

6. Sheena

I would too...because not all the PSB mixes/demos etc aren't out there already as it is.

7. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

£98 including postage at Amazon now. I have preordered, though it would naturally be nice if the price would tick downwards a little more.

8. Sheena

They're doing the old "personalisation if you pre order by XXX" trick that they did with Donna now over at myplay...

9. Kalabaliken

ARE THEY? I ordered there and then cancelled cos it went cheaper on Amazon!

10. Sheena

You get your name in the FUNARAMA PULLOUT or some such SHIT :D

11. FetchFugly

Oh bugger that. They can keep their personalisation unless they are throwing anything else extra in there.

12. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm not sure my NERVES can take ordering with them any more. I'm now FOUR 'Wow!' damaged DVDs in, waiting to hear back from the photos I sent to evidence it, and also still waiting to hear back about the incorrect mix of 'Eyes' on 'Cats Without Claws'.

13. octophone

octophone Techno Poo

Have you seen who Demon/Edsel are doing this massive singles pack thingy with next?

Showaddywaddy.

Seriously.

14. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm surprised they can afford to stoop even THAT low.

They have now refunded me for the Wow! CD, after sending me four copies with damaged dvds and/or cds. Apparently they can't guarantee any further ones won't be damaged as well (although they are happily still selling them on their website, I notice).

And this is after the refund for the Donna Summer boxed with the twice replaced limited single.

Fucktards.

15. octophone

octophone Techno Poo

Their reputation is variable to say the least - they apparently issued a bunch of Robert Palmer CDs mastered from mp3s (and quite shit mp3s at that, about 192kbps, it seems). They had to remaster 2 of the DVDs that came with the Suede reissues in 2011 because they were incorrectly coded and the audio went slowly out of sync with the visuals as well.

In fact, I bet Suede are next for a singles box. Just after they've fleeced everyone with that live box set.

16. Doodvid

Doodvid User

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JA9k-fqf7RE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Shut up Kim".

17. FetchFugly

OH MY, that is quite a remarkable performance.

La Woodward seems to be in a very exuberant mood.

18. loomer

loomer User

QUITE a tracklisting :| out Aug 14 - http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/confirmed-bananarama-33cd-singles-box-set-full-track-listing/

Cover is a bit disappointing for such a big release

I believe the person who compiled this and all the PWL releases was a dot poster, hence the uber :david: attention to detail. Let us at these albums!

I think I'm just gonna get Megarama off Soulseek and leave it at that for this round of Nanas reissues as the last ones suffice. I already downloaded the Big Fun and Jason Donovan albums off there for shits and giggles.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  19. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

I love A Trick Of The Night as much as as any former rent boy saved from the streets but does anyone really need 14 different versions of it?

20. Sheena

I wasn't going to buy this but for reasons I CANNOT YET EXPLAIN I might have to :D

21. Kalabaliken

You can't say something like that and not expect us to query WHY!

22. Sheena

Query all you like, but I'm staying SCHTUM for now.

It's nothing that will excite ANYONE ELSE BUT ME, though, so don't PANIC

23. Sheena

[​IMG]

So for those of you who didn't see facebook, the reason I had to buy is that I'm in the Thank Yous! Basically, the designers wanted a copy of their 89 tour programme to put some pics in the booklet for this and they couldn't find one...and a mutual friend asked me! Rather chuffed with that :)

24. Kalabaliken

:disco:

My box has gone fucking MISSING! TNT have NO IDEA where it is! :angry:

25. FetchFugly

Oh, well done. That's very nice for you Shee.

The box is very lovingly done, and so small and perfectly formed! I'm gradually ploughing my way through it, off and on, though the early singles with their not exactly dissimilar alternate mixes are a little bit of a slog. He's Got Tact is barely half a song to be honest, never mind needing four versions. I suppose it is more of a collectable item to dip into occasionally really but I will persist in trying to play the whole lot at least once.

26. FetchFugly

Speaking of single boxsets, now that the Nanas are well and truly rinsed (unless the unlikely happens and K&S get over their aversion to making unreleased material available) Demon have moved on to this 30 single SAW package. In what was certainly a moment of madness I have already ordered. :o

27. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Austin Howard AGOG.

28. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

What a CURIOUS SELECTION that is

29. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh wow, Jeb Million

No Kakko?

30. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Have they gone with the first single release from each artist, ignoring the creative colossuses that were The Reynolds Girls and Big Fun?

31. FetchFugly

It is a strange hodge podge but I'm sure they are reserving the right to stick out additional volumes of this stuff.

32. Kalabaliken

Oh interesting. But this fucking company have had HUNDREDS off me in the past year or so. I am LOVING the Banamarama Box set, but I think they would have been better doing a box set with every SAW single they could possibly get. Does anyone REALLY want TEN remixes of Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

With all the reissued albums, there's little on here I don't have from the artists I like. I MIGHT get this, but not sure yet.

33. Kalabaliken

Oh and my Bananarama box set FINALLY turned up and I am LOVING it, with me and Sheena's names in the book, and My Play only charged me £80 plus £6 postage for the Bananarama box set, , and not the £100 it was meant to be! I swear that company are so incompetent.

34. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

I've no idea why it took me THIS LONG to get round to ordering the WOW! TRIPLE but I've just sashayed home after Wirtschaftdeutsch and the delicious goods are here :disco: :disco: :disco:

WOW! RATE

11 I Can't Help It -SO FANTASTIC. I mean if you're going to rip off something, you might as well rip off 'Fascinated' :disco:
    10 I Heard A Rumour
    09 Some Girls
    10 Love In The First Degree
    10 Once In A Lifetime - Oh I've not heard this in FUCKING YEARS. And even when the sky was darkest grey, I NEVER GAVE UP SEARCHING :disco:
    08 Strike It Rich - One point off for not being the version which was on the cassette (I presume that's on CD2) :evil:
    09 Bad For Me - BUT I DON'T CARE :disco:
    08 Come Back - probably overrating these a bit actually but I'm all RAMMED UP
    09 Nathan Jones - My friend Steve used to do a routine to this at the Black Cap in leggings and no pants :disco:
    10 I Want You Back - SIMPLY MARVELLOUS

35. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

1,056,945 Ecstasy - HOW FABULOUS DO I LOOK? :disco:

36. Sheena

Cause HE'S
    HE'S
    MR SLEAZE

:disco:

37. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Demon Music are having a December sale and you can now get the 1981-1993 singles box set for £70 (£110 on Amazon).

http://www.myplaydirect.com/demon-music/

They also have the Belinda Carlisle box down to £67 and a box set of Lisa Stansfield's remastered back catalog for £45.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  38. Kalabaliken

Was just about to post this! BUY BUY BUY! That really is good value for the Nanas box set.

39. Marilyn

Marilyn User

I'm now WELL into the Stock Aitken Waterman box and my goodness it's nicely done. The packaging is great and they really have shoved heaps of tracks onto most of the discs. For example, Princess' Say I'm Your Number One disc, which features 80 minutes of very very similar mixes, falls somewhere between heaven and a marathon endurance test, but I could listen to any old SAW crap so the repetition is really quite PLEASURABLE

It's hard to argue that the selection of tracks is mostly a load of old (but FABULOUS) rope and that most of their true classics are missing, but the box is clearly for the loons. Bring on volume two

40. FetchFugly

I agree that the SAW box is very nicely packaged, though I haven't actually started listening to it yet as I'm still only up to Nathan Jones with the Nana box. FLOP FAN.

I do like that they have doubled up with two singles on some of the SAW discs.