Beyoncé - 4

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Mats, Jan 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Here's the "i was here" video...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i41qWJ6QjPI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. POP!

POP! Across that county line

"Dance for You" is becoming quite the R&B hit over here as well. This campaign just keeps limping along. I'm quite pleasantly surprised - I only expected it to sell half of what it actually has.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  3. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

'Schoolin' Life' is one of her all time very best.

4. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

What an amazing performance.

5. Pipo

Pipo WEAR MY KISS

too bad the clueless bitch tacked it on as a bonus track and decided to release DUDS like 1+1

6. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Still LOVING and LIVING for this album

7. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Is "I Was Here" an actual single then? It just popped up on some random music channel and I was stunned to the CORE. I adore this song...it would have fitted in with the sheer excellence of the last album like a dream. I have showered this with praise from DAY 4, so I hope it becomes some sort of unexpected hit, though in a way I hope not as it would probably give the impression the album was much cop when it clearly isn't

8. straightorbroken

straightorbroken from the sound of sirens

So I'm going to put this on. I do WANT to like her and do love End of Time and most of the DC singles.

1+1
    I was hating this to begin with, especially "agebah". By verse two, that guitar and all the other bits are making me enjoy the thing. Pity about the growling, which I can just about live with. The subtle piano is giving me Prince vibes I can't quite pin point.
    09/10

I Care
    Maybe Beyonce did get there first before Solange. I still think Sol-Angel was the trigger for Beyonce getting her shit together. She's went for pastiche since day one of her solo career, but making it eloquent has always been Solange's niche. The subdued vibes are great and the chorus has a good spiteful punch to it. I wish she'd keep quiet and let me enjoy that guitar solo though.
    09/10

I Miss You
    Jay Z's on the otha side o'tha motha f***** world. What a shame.
    07/10

Best Thing I Never Had
    The irony of Beyonce singing smugly "what goes around comes back around" is just TOO MUCH OF SOMETHING too obvious to get into. For the sake of LeToya, LeTavia and that drunk Farrah...
    00/10

Party
    Bland but slinky and facelessly funky.
    07/10

Rather Die Young
    Contrived but determined to sing her lungs off about it all.
    05/10

Stay Over
    This is sounding much better. The way she sings the verses sounds like an operatic horse. The chorus is too shouty - Sing For Me this ain't. The production is what got me through it. Should have been a 9 without all the histrionics - she is no 90s Mariah or Christina, she should know her place a bit and work with her limitations not shout over them.
    07/10

Love On Top
    This song came to my attention when Tamar Braxton tweeted this about Beyonce and I assumed it was modern black slang for pregnant. I hear this at the gym. The best song Anita Baker never had.
    10/10

Countdown
    NICE, but not different or unusual. Because there is a better version called...
    08/10

End of Time
    Since Crazy In Love was just a well-chosen sample with Beyonce stealing the glory by recycling her "page me, call id me" baloney (albeit to rapturous effect), this is probably her best solo moment.
    10/10

I Was Here
    Injecting absolutely no soul whatsoever into all the cliches, this is an exception. It's a lovely melody and production though. I'm almost getting Yeah Yeah Yeahs Maps vibes to the guitar sounds at the end.
    09/10

Run The World
    Doing herself no favours with this one. A total turtle head of a club banger - so much huffing and puffing but no movement at all.
    00/10

HARDLY the impenetrable RNB fans only album some people make it out to be. She deserves a lot of credit for it though.

9. Penelope

Penelope AND SHAVE OUR EYEBROWS

Countdown is well different! Every moment there's another production trick or hot hook just WAITING. I fucking love it.

10. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

Only just saw this now. Oh my God how cheesy is this shit? :manson: YUCK!

11. Loufoque

This thread really is amazing. It encompasses every emotion and nearly every key Moopy poster delivers some killer moments.

This post is particular fave.

12. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

I'm having a Beyonce Sunday. Starting with 4 and working my way backwards through all the studio albums. I'd forgotten how much I liked stuff like "I Care" and "I Miss You."

13. Loufoque

14. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

You know me too well!

15. Loufoque

Let's not tell VoR about this :D

16. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

Oh. Well I've changed my mind a bit since that I think. I'd say "I Miss You" is a 9/10 moment. "Party" is 7-8/10 at least, and "I Was Here" is at least 9/10. Oh no I need to re-rate I think.

17. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

I really do wish I stuck to my guns sometimes but I can't help it if I change my mind every once in a while.

I even like Jennifer Lopez now!

18. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

Oh S[​IMG]EDY

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  19. dUb

dUb ORIGINAL

20. Suedey

Suedey Bachelor No. 2

Now that's actually REALLY REALLY GOOD :D

21. Jonfessions

Jonfessions R U 4 REAL?

:D :D :D

22. Doodvid

Doodvid User

Oh wow. :disco:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xuw7RSHYxVk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>