Beyoncé - The Mrs Carter Show

Discussion in 'Divas' started by Jonfessions, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Can I just say it?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gWDniT1Wf9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

QUEEN!

2. funky

funky INCAPABLE

From what Shee is saying it sounds like the problems stem from the pacing and ordering of the setlist. Which I guess is what happens when you take an existing tour and reshape it with a new album, rather than creating a brand new tour wrapped around that new album.

It seems she's playing with the ordering each night - hopefully she'll have it mastered by Thursday for me :disco:

3. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Yeah I don't know why either.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

It's a bit of an awkward time to rest your voice when you're on a tour and people are paying to hear it (apparently I know why I laughed).

5. Loufoque

Frankly I would watch this bitch sing Flaws & All, Rather Die Young and Daddy for an hour-and-a-half, but I guess I'm what you call a true fan! WHAT!

6. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Aww I'm hoping I love it tonight.

I'm having some cocktails beforehand so I may just stay drunk and I'm sure I'll love whatever she wheels out :disco:

7. Loufoque

Let's face it babe, it doesn't take much to please you. She could just stand in the middle of the stage, completely out of it, and it would probably still be a 14/10 moment for you :D

[​IMG]

8. Slave

Slave User

At least with Britney you get the hits.

(Though you're also paying £75 to listen to 'The Singles Collection' played in it's entirety)

9. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I never said resting her voice, I said preserving it. There are lots of tricks and techniques that vocalists use. Sorry I thought that bit was obvious.

10. Satan

Satan Likes his boys insane

Huuum. I remember watching one of her DVDs a few years ago and being annoyed by how much time the audience gets to sing. If she wants to rest her voice maybe using more of a backtrack and pre-recorded vocals would be preferable. Oh well, a bit disappointed with Sheena's review.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

It's preserving not resting dear.

12. Loufoque

She sings a lot. Everyone uses backing tracks at high-energy shows, and at least her vocals are flawless.

13. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Exactly. Even Aretha Franklin had backing singers... they are there for a reason.

14. Loufoque

It's the same old criticism - "yeah but she doesn't sing half of the songs". That's true. For the uptempos (the ballads are fully sung). Why? Because she's dancing like crazy, and when she does sing, it's powerful and in-tune. Perhaps more sounds come out of Katy's and Rihanna's mouths per song, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

15. funky

funky INCAPABLE

I thought all of that was obvious though. The criticisms of pop singers miming over certain songs is just WEIRD. As long as they are not miming most or everything who cares? Mariah never protected herself and she went and fucked me out of a couple more albums like Butterfly and Daydream. FUCK YOU BITCH.

Extend that career Beyonce. Elton John might pride himself on singing live from start to finish but he doesn't move his arse from his piano the entire concert. If I wanted to see Beyonce sat down for an hour I'd stay at home and wait for her next appearance on OPRAH.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  16. Loufoque

The difference between Mariah and Beyoncé is that Mariah's voice was at its peak when she was in her early 20s, and she was quite arrogant about what she could do. Beyoncé's voice at the same age wasn't anywhere near as powerful as it became. It's clear that she's been very smart about training and looking after her voice (much as she is about everything else). I hope she will still be turning out great live vocals well into her 40s.

17. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Yeah but let's face it. People aren't interested in Beyonce just singing. They want her dancing as well. And I can't help thinking that she's gonna end up all desperate and grandmotherly like Madonna.

18. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Again who cares. She's got at least a decade before that eventuality even begins to creep in.

19. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Never minding the fact that I don't think I've heard him actually SING this side of the millennium. You might get a two hour set list of live GRUNTING, but it's certainly not pleasant to listen to.

It's simply not possible for Beyonce to do what she does as a singer and a performer in a 100% live setting, ultimately. There has to be a compromise. Personally I'd prefer that compromise to be on the vocals, within reason, rather than the performance.

20. funky

funky INCAPABLE

Me too.

4 days :disco:

21. Suedey

Suedey PROUD MADAME X FAN

Better that than that THING in your avatar!

22. Slave

Slave User

Never a bad time to re-visit this genuine :D moment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/07yRQUc_yVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"AHHH'M THTILL 'TANDING" :disco:

23. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

Finding out about vocal decay for gays is actually worse than being told the truth about Santa Clause. Poor Queen of Pop Madge - I swear she knows her voice is shot now, there was a moment where she grimaced in a very "oh well" fashion as it happens, when she produced the most horrible sound and pulled away from the mic during I Don't Give A's soundcheck when I seen her from the Golden whatever it was in Edinburgh.

Anyway, if I were going to see this tour it would be for the new songs, so it's pretty much catering 2, you know, fans of the biggest album there is right now by some margin as it should. The richter scale calamity of Crazy In Love shouldn't be edited down in any way though, but if it were some of the other vintage jingles she's know for then I'd be quite thankful frankly.

24. straightorbroken

straightorbroken Trust the Duchess

Is that actually real? That's quite the delight.

25. Ag

Ag User

That is fucking hilarious. He sounds retarded!

26. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

And that was just a set of less than 15 minutes. Can you imagine what a full concert must be like?

27. Ag

Ag User

Now I understand why he's reduced to playing Colchester.

28. Devil

Devil I Need A House

Well that was rather :disco:

Drunk In Love and XO are both utterly fabulous live, despite not being transatlantic #1's they've certainly crossed over far more than their peaks may suggest.

I'm not a major fan of the latest material (aside from the above two), which isn't a surprise given my taste. However it doesn't even matter if the songs aren't my cup of tea when you perform like THAT. Seriously, the best performer I've ever seen. And I've seen Kerry Katona.

29. Devil

Devil I Need A House

I see what you're saying here, and I didn't mind it for SL/NG/BB as they did 'enough' of them. But Crazy In Love was the one that was like 'really'?! I know she's probably sick to death of it, but it is the overall signature tune of hers and is such an anthem that she could've at least done the middle 8 as well.

30. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

But that's my entire point- she didn't sing a fucking NOTE of "Irreplaceable" whilst sat on a STOOL!

31. Loufoque

But babe, the crowd loves to sing Irreplaceable! It's probably THE core part of the show.

32. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I didn't pay SEVENTY QUID to listen to FAT SHARON from SWINDON wailing along to Irreplaceable...

If you want to have a singalong, do that for a verse and then get on and sing it, or, even better, actually start the song again

33. Devil

Devil I Need A House

:D

34. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

I agree with Sheena. Bitch needs to sing UP.

35. Euphoria

Euphoria User

None of the reviews have put me off - if anything I'd prefer to hear the new songs as we've heard the other ones loads of times before. Really excited now!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  36. funky

funky INCAPABLE

THREE DAYS!

I recall Lou never responded to my last PM :evil: when you going babes?

37. Euphoria

Euphoria User

Wow, it was immense last night. The only songs I really sat down for were Irreplaceable and Heaven. Blow is such a mood piece as well so I found that it didn't work as well live. Everything else was spectacular though!

38. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

I saw it tonight. I had a really good time but as a show it was just okay.

39. Loufoque

How could it have been better for you, dUb?

40. Beverley

Beverley I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING

I couldn't disagree more.