Big Brother Big Brother 2012

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by COB, Jun 4, 2012.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Obviously the press interest has been waning for a good few years now, and the move to Channel 5 didn't help, but starting CBB straight after this regular version really is going to kill any magazine interest even further, isn't it?

2. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Even though this series has been a success (by current and C5 standards) the interest in the housemates after they have left seems to be at an ALL TIME LOW. Just look at the amount of twitter followers they are getting. Hardly any. People like Josie etc were getting 200K plus

3. Ag

Ag User

Luke S is possibly the only one delusional enough to think there's any mileage in it. Obviously proven by that prank and his relationship with Trashleigh. Deana could not have been more SPOT ON when she said it wasn't a real relationship.

Is there still one more eviction?

4. lolly

It finishes on Monday 13th (with the celeb version starting later that week, I think I read elsewhere), so I'm sure there must be an eviction next Friday. And I wouldn't be surprised if they squeezed another one in on the Saturday or Sunday. There are still 7 of them left.

5. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

There's definitely another eviction next Friday. It was one of the unfortunate Brian parts that I had to sit through due to a live-TV-pausing miscalculation. Mr F, who up until this point thought I was a freak for turning the programme on then pausing it for 20 minutes, saw a Brian part and stated that he understood now why I do it. That man doesn't have an ounce of charisma in his whole body. To think of how I used to slag Davina off, I'd be more than happy to have her back now.

6. Steptacular

Steptacular User

I pretty much agree although overall I still slightly prefer Sara to Scott. A Deana win would not make me unhappy either despite its plummeting effect now Conor has 50k.

I think the last people to make any money from the show were probably Luke & Bex who seemed to be front page of the Daily Star for weeks, even after the show ended. Sophie Reade probably got by on Nuts and Zoo for a bit too.

7. lolly

I think I'd be happy with Scott, Sara, or Deana. Adam at a push. I don't want either of the Lukes or Ashleigh to win.

8. lolly

Watching on 5+1 now. Is Luke S trying to convince himself now that he didn't press the button? :confused:

9. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Yes! Completely and utterly delusional - talking about how he did the "morally right thing" I'd love to see him explain that screen grab above.

Though I suppose it didn't help that Sara seemed to think it as well :confused:

10. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

I haven't seen today's, but didn't the housemates SEE him press the button? Were they not debating his version of events?

11. NonEvent

NonEvent User

Well Deana called him out saying that HE DID press the button but he was just too slow - but Sara kept on telling him how he "did the right thing"

12. lolly

I guess she was right.

Him being a LOSER is the right thing.

13. Ag

Ag User

I wonder who will be up this week? Hard to call. Ashleigh is a NO BRAINER. But with Luke S out the equation I can see Sara going up...

14. lolly

Yes, those two have to be the most likely as things stand, I'd have thought. Although I'd never rule Deana out.

15. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

Adam, Ashleigh, Deana and Scott are up and it's a double eviction. A shame, as three of those deserve to make the final.

I can't decide who's in danger. Ash obviously, but could be close between the other three.

16. Ag

Ag User

Deana would be the only safe one I reckon, still being the series favourite...

17. lolly

UGH at Luke A not being up. I reckon it will be Ashleigh (definitely) and probably Adam.

My worry for Deana is that people will be less inclined to vote for her now Conor is gone. A vote for her was a vote against him, in some ways.

18. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

Deana's completely ruining it for me. :evil: Her behaviour towards Luke S is edging on bullying now.

BB clearly want Scott in the final - a secret mission straight after noms? TRANSPARENT!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  19. Blake

Blake User

Definitly a double eviction. I think it'll be Ashleigh and Deana going home.

20. Tisch

Tisch Superwomaning

This museum task is brilliant! :D But how are they not hearing them have that food fight. Ashleigh especially is being SO LOUD!

21. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

Sara's phone sex breakdown :D

22. lolly

Apparently Ashleigh and Scott are the favourites to be evicted.

Ashleigh
    1/4
    Scott
    9/2
    Deana
    7/1
    Adam
    12/1

23. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Oh no, not Scott! I'd much rather Ashleigh and either Deana or Adam.

24. straightorbroken

straightorbroken reflected onto the wet pavement

I've missed a few episodes, but I can't see Scott going. Deana's been right in what she's saying, but has allowed Luke S to play up the victim, so in that sense hasn't done herself any favours, but hardly bullying. I don't hate Luke S, but because he's straining to be so nice and moral at all times, I might even prefer Ashleigh to win rather than him. Gelling his hair does him no favours. He also annoyed me when asking Adam (who I think he's friends with based on them both having feminine body shapes) if girls would fancy him, when he has a WIFE, seemed a bit what he criticizes Luke A for.

01. Deana
    02. Adam
    03. Sara
    04. Scott
    05. Luke A
    06. Ashleigh
    07. Luke S

25. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Have BB actually said it's going to be a double eviction? It's only on for an hour and there isn't even that extra half hour later.

26. lolly

They didn't say it when they gave out the numbers last night, but it is on the website.

27. Daniel

Daniel User

I am very pleased at the results tonight, Scott is a twat who has been spared by being an ancillary character who has had an easy ride in the highlights becoming nothing more than a caricature, which is easy to like. Even though everyone hates Caroline and sweeps whatever she has to say under the carpet, I think she was pretty spot on with her assessment of him during the Dish On the Side segment. I have gone off him ever since his comment stereotyping Indians, and he has said other pretty cunty things that were't shown but reported about (some examples; calling Deana a dog and wanting to slap her, claiming "I've never spoken to a black person before" regarding Adam). Despite the way he's being presented, he's been in his fair share of bitching, and was happy to go along with the majority opinion when the outsiders where being marginalised; which everyone seems to have forgotten about.

Not to mention that I found his whole act unbearable and desperate (he even writes with a QUILL when he's at home :manson:). It got progressively worse this week as he seemed to be using every tick in his arsenal when he was in the diary room, shoehorning rapscallion in as much as he could, as if every time he used the term was a moment. His falseness really does baffle me, and according to his profile, he enjoys hunting game, and wants to visit Africa to bring trophies back; like this somehow completes his persona. CREEPY LOOKING DICK.

So all in all I actually preferred him getting booted before Ashleigh; his ego being elated by getting cheered, before seeing his face drop as he was evicted immediately after is one of my favourite moments of the series.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  28. Daniel

Daniel User

But yeah, Deana is the only one I actively like and don't think I've been this INVESTED in seeing someone win a reality TV show since, er, Little Mix.

I imagine though, after the last week which saw her popularity with the casual viewers take a hit, this will be how it plays out.

5th) Sara - she will suffer the same as Scott; a popular enough HM, but won't pick up as many votes due to being ancillary and in the background, and her bizarre rants could backfire on her.

4th) Luke S - a positive edit in the last week should help him, and he seems to be a big enough character to attract a voting fanbase (I mean, if Ashleigh can). He might also get a boost after playing the victim to losing out to Conor, and then subsequently Deana's comments.

3rd) Deana - her edit has been pretty negative recently, as shown by heavy boos just a week after receiving heavy cheers, and her odds seem to be lengthening.

2nd) Luke A - the soldiers thing seems to have become unpopular now that the divide isn't as visible to viewers as it was in the past, and Luke has been the one who has brought into it the most after Deana, whereas Adam has kept his distance. Also, his bitchy, needy and insecure side hasn't gone unnoticed.

1st) Adam - memorable and is well liked, a member of the outsiders - one of whom will definitely win - with the bonus of not coming off as gameplaying and bitchy as the other two (due to keeping his ambitions to win quiet) which has kept him in the moral highground. Has cleverly kept relative distance, and comes off as a lone ranger with big ups and downs in the house; similarly, this was a big part of why Deana became so popular, but is something she has now somewhat lost.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  29. lolly

Final tonight

Woo

30. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I've been saying to the dog all evening "Who wins Ridley? You decide!" in my best Marcus Bentley voice, at least four times an hour. Just got told to shut it.

31. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

How long is the Celeb series on for? I'm sorta fed up of BB ruining my life.

32. lolly

Was Deana BOOED then? :confused:

Sara seemed to get a better reception than her.

33. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Deana was booed at the last evixction too. I haven't been watching for a while but aparantly she has done herself no favours the last week or so

34. lolly

Is all just so FICKLE :D

35. lolly

Okay, ANYONE except Luke A to win please now.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  36. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Push the Button is a good song for Luke S - just to RUB IT IN :D

37. dUb

dUb X HALLE

I've always liked Luke S, but then I have a history of slightly hero-worshipping the popular boys :daf:

38. dUb

dUb X HALLE

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 0 guests)
    dUb

39. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

I was almost not here. Ever again. Brought the laptop upstairs and plugged it into the strip plug, large spark and a small bang later, the laptop's OK but the strip plug ain't.

Would rather Deana had gone before Sara though. I hope she doesn't win.

40. lolly

Luke A is SHITTING himself :D