Big Brother 2017

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Ag, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Ag

Ag User

This looks genuinely dreadful.

2. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

It's on TONIGHT? NOW?

3. lolly

Have I been particularly ignorant of has there been hardly any fanfare?

4. Ag

Ag User

Yup.

5. lolly

Now I've missed the first 15 minutes I'm not sure I can be bothered.

What's the theme this year?

6. Ag

Ag User

Brexit/ Britain. The house is quite different looking, but then it's always much of a muchness.

7. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Apparently there's some muscle guy in who used to fuck that woman from The Apprentice who did Big Brother and who has insured his penis for 15 million quid as he nearly snapped it off once.

8. lolly

I can't cope with that shite in Big Brother. I'm out.

9. Ag

Ag User

This one is friends with Halli on FB.

Eileen likes this.
  10. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Those stairs look like a health and safety incident ready to happen.

11. Ag

Ag User

This is so so poor.

12. Ag

Ag User

Although the Nigerian sisters...

ButterTart likes this.
  13. Suomi

Suomi User

This actually looks quite good - the Asian couple seem like the old type of contestants and those Nigerian sisters have a lot of potential :D

14. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

Those Nigerian sisters literally are SLAYING my existence.

Suomi likes this.
  15. ThunderThighs

ThunderThighs BURSTING OUT ALL OVER

VOTE SUE

BYE

Zu-Klara, Suomi, Alla and 1 other person like this.
  16. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

FINGERS CROSSED

I'm not remotely in the mood for any of these noisy cunts or indeed any Brexit theme but some LIVE ACCIDENTS wouldn't go amiss

17. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

How nice that she's got a worker bee broach to show solidarity

18. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Which number do I call to send in a LION

Penelope, Eileen, Ag and 1 other person like this.
  19. Suomi

Suomi User

VOTE FOR ME I'M ABSOLUTELY BONKERS I'LL BE THE LIFE AND SOUL OF THE PARTY AND I DON'T TAKE NO NONSENSE I JUST SAY IT AS I SEE IT I'M JUST A BITCH AND THAT'S JUST ME

*says nothing for 3 weeks and is the fourth to be evicted*

20. Ag

Ag User

I hope one of them is a suicide bomber.

21. Alla

Alla Beast in Black

That was a really poor and boring launch night. At least they have Steps performing on BOTS next week.

22. cwej

cwej User

Initial scores out of 10:

Arthur 2/10 - could he have looked any less interested to go in? 'It's just so jokes isn't it'... seriously?
    Ellie 4/10 - standard BB contestant - actually used the line 'I'm pretty mad' + 1 for slut dropping -1 for talking in the third person all the time
    Lotan 3/10 - he scores a point for his body. But what a cunt. I think even the female voting public will find him too arrogant. What a weirdo. Was he coked up? 'You look black'... one of his first lines! :D
    Imran and Sukhvinder 9/10 and 8/10 - I have a general aversion to people going in as pairs but glad they are being treated separately... I'll give him an extra mark for his little 'we're here to try and unite the nation' speech. If a couple can go in and do something good by going on this show then please do. A really interesting choice of housemates.
    Charlotte and Mandy 6/10 and 7/10 - I love how awful these two are. They are another interesting choice, but I've taken a mark off for another pair that know each other. What's your type? 'Breathing'
    Deborah and Hannah 6/10 and 7/10 - a breath of fresh air and loving their pride in their heritage of both Nigeria and East London. Another lovely reception from the crowd! Deborah loses a mark for her laugh. 'Can I call you Sukh for short?' 'No... you can call me Sukhvinder'... :D
    Joe 6/10 - I know I'm going to hate him later, but in terms of casting, I think he's a decent choice again. Think he'll be the biggest stirrer in there by a mile. 'If you got somefing to say, say it to me face.'
    Rebecca and Kieran 2/10 and 1/10 - they're the epitome of what I hate about BB casting. They've tried to give them the boss and employee twist, but that is literally the ONLY thing that makes them in anyway interesting and Kieran's ' I don't like how Britain's run' are blatantly the words of a non-voter.
    Kayleigh 2/10 - Awful. Standard.
    Raph 6/10 - Torn. He's obviously dreadful, but he sounds like a 'controversial for VT' guy. I love the fact he's a huge Big Brother fan. Bless him 'I love that it's like diverse... I'm half Japanese'... :D
    Chantelle -1/10 - is a model?! She's a model? Really? AWFUL in every way. The Manchester speech took her down one mark. You're no Ariana Grande love.
    Tom - 1/10 - The worst choice of the four possible... obviously.

Why did NO-ONE stand in the right position when they came out to meet Emma? Surely they did some kind of rehearsal at some point?

Also why did they start it at 8:30? They KNEW they'd get expletives :D They are so going to have pay a fine for the number of times housemates swore before 9pm.

Well I thought that was overall not too bad. I rate 8 of the housemates reasonable choices at this point.

Suomi likes this.
  23. ButterTart

ButterTart Mod of war

Imran, Sukvinder and Fanny Flaps girl are my favourites right now. Overall a much more 'classic' bunch of housemates than the showers from the last couple of years*.

*except Adjoa, who is timeless.

dUb and Suomi like this.
  24. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Imran, Sukvinder, Deborah and Hannah are the four that stood out as the most 'classic BB' for me.

Chantelle, the gobby Manc, was on Ex On The Beach and she lasted a day before screaming "WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in everyone's faces and being booted out for almost scalping another girl. She's the potential to be absolutely nuts.

25. cwej

cwej User

Who are you all kidding? We've had those awful gobby models and such like since Season 2...

Wow... Sukhvinder surely favourite to go on Friday the way she's been banging on. What a sudden fall from grace.

26. dUb

dUb X HALLE

SO FAR SO GOOD. I hope Chanelle sticks around for a while.

The 'lads' are beyond tedious. Imran and Sukhvinder are great choices, fabulously old school housemates.

I hate the dark blue they're using for the name captions. :evil:

27. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Really loving Chanelle now :D

Sukvinder is a fabulous villain

28. cwej

cwej User

This is a decent first week, though I think Mandy was a loss - would much rather have seen her daughter go. But as she wasn't up for eviction, I was hoping for a Rebecca eviction.

Mandy was absolutely FUMING to go wasn't she...

I hate this Tom thing. I hope it ends ASAP.

Do Imran and Sukhvinder REALLY think that the world is flat?? Who really thinks that?

I think of Arthur as much more of a villain than Suki, but obviously the general public hate her because it's much easier to hate women, especially those of ethnic minority backgrounds...

29. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

Arthur is definitely reminding me of a 2017 Nasty Nick type Villain

Sukvinder is completely off her rockers and I am loving it, tonights episode when she was under the duvet :D

30. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Ratings for this are appalling - under a million the last couple of nights while Love Island is comfortably hitting 1.5m

31. Ag

Ag User

I've not bothered since launch night.

32. Steptacular

Steptacular User

They've thrown some celebs in to try and attract viewers I read yesterday. I watched up til Sunday but haven't seen it all week and haven't really thought about it.

33. Suomi

Suomi User

I gave it a go on launch night but this is the first series since 2000 I won't be watching. as soon as I saw that hunky man chosen over the 3 contestants with personalities I knew that I couldn't subject myself to another 9 weeks of the channel 5 audience and I not seeing eye-to-eye. It also feels somewhat redundant at the moment - there is so so much going on in the world and there just isn't time for it

34. cwej

cwej User

Appalling? It's been that for about three or four years right?

I've watched about 5 or 6 episodes. It's OK, but not totally engaging. Sukhvinder is ridiculous.

35. lolly

I thought I read at the weekend that the opening night was down 20% on last year, and most nightly shows have been down by a figure around that as well.

36. cwej

cwej User

Ah fair enough. I didn't realise that.

37. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

Well THAT's a NEW LOW even for THIS SHOW :manson:

38. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh they've not stooped to LIVE GUILLOTINING, have they?

*hurriedly turns on telly*

39. dUb

dUb X HALLE

No no, just Marnie licking her own tit

Zu-Klara likes this.
  40. Suomi

Suomi User

I actually watched this tonight and it confirmed what I wrote here - just a bunch of z-list celebrities playing kiss chase, sponsored by Absolute Acai Berry. The only two 'normal' housemates appear to have walked out tonight.

Such a shame - if they put actual people in they could turn ratings around, but if you wanted to see this trash then you'd just watch the more honest portrayal on ITV's "Love Island"

Zu-Klara likes this.