Big Little Lies (HBO Miniseries)

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Phoenix, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Just finished this recently and after a long time and so much hype it was never going to live up to expectations. I mean it was VERY GOOD but I think if you take away that star draw of Nicole and Reese it would seem less amazing somehow.

The rapist seemed pretty obvious which made me think it would be Laura Dern's husband. Dern was utterly phenomenal of course, in a ludicrous sort of way.

Nicole was as visually compelling as ever but I actually think she had the easier role in a way - Reese's was less showy so in that sense I feel she was better, in terms of making her character fully rounded.

I might have missed something, but in this clearly rich and high flying neighbourhood, aside from putting aside Reese's character becoming unlikely friends with Jane, and I know Jane's home was deliberately shown as being less opulent (but not bad from what I recall), did Jane actually DO anything? Did she work? Did she own the place? I can't remember and I know it's not important but I remember it bothering me at some stage.

Oh and Alexander, even rape-sexing poor Nicole, was worth the watch alone.

2. Jark

Jark User

Jane did some freelance legal/admin work didn't she?

3. Phoenix

Phoenix The Wife

First look (along with GoT and Watchmen)