Birds of Prey And The Fantabulous Emancipation of Harley Quinn

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by Phoenix, Feb 8, 2020.

?

Vote

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 09

25.0%
  3. 08

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 07

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 06

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 05

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 04

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 03

25.0%
  9. 02

50.0%
  10. 01

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

This was a hoot, so much fun. The plot gets a bit murky in places but Margot Robbie is just great and fills it with energy. I also enjoyed Jurnee Smollet who had some pretty nifty fighting skills.

2. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Looking like a commercial bomb at this point. That's a shame given the amazing reviews.

I have to say, given how awful spiritual predecessor "Suicide Squad" was and the shit awful trailer, I'm not exactly surprised. The DC team really need to have a rethink.

3. dUb

dUb X HALLE

Really didn't enjoy this. Margot is extremely irritating as Harley - her accent is SHIT - and Ewan McGregor is unbearable. It's very self-consciously 'edgy' for the sake of it (the t-shirt Montoya wears which doesn't suit the character at all) and I found it tedious in the extreme. I went to the toilet towards the end just to have something else to look at.

2/10

4. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

This was an absolute mess. 90 minutes of introductions for 15 minutes of (underwhelming) action.

WAY too many characters. The editing was all over the place. Robbie was irritating, Rosie Perez completely and utterly wasted, nobody else bar McGregor (who was doing his hammy best, I guess) even registered.

Just put this sorry franchise out of its MISERY already

dUb and HeLikedTurner like this.
  5. Debbie Jellinsky

Debbie Jellinsky User

Yeah this was pretty bad and - even worse - boring. Harley Quinn was the best thing about the abysmal Suicide Squad, but the character overstayed its welcome in a full length movie.