Bombshell

Discussion in 'Moopy Odeon' started by jivafox, Aug 21, 2019.

?

Wig?

1. 10

2. 9

3. 8

4. 7

5. 6

6. 5

7. 4

8. 3

9. 2

10. 1

11. 0

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

A film about the sexual harassment scandal at Fox News. Charlize is giving FACE as Megyn Kelly :D

Jark likes this.
  2. Jark

Jark bon appètit, baby

I don't know how they made Charlize look more like Megyn Kelly than Megyn herself does but I'm 100% here for it.

Especially because under a mountain of prosthetics she has FORM as an Oscar winning thesp :disco:

3. jivafox

jivafox chalamet & chill

Yes, this could be Charlize’s second Oscar playing a MONSTER wearing prosthetics :disco:

Gangsta Nancy Lam likes this.
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

The Charlize face is something amazing. The cast is amazing.

5. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

Is Kidman playing Gretchen whats-her-face? :D Those faces are ON POINT.

I'm still more interested in the Harvey Weinstein scandal though tbh. I'd rather have a movie about that.

6. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

Oh my, what a song to use

Reactions from critics seem to be positive, Charlize is coming for Rene’s Oscar

7. Jark

Jark bon appètit, baby

God this looks absolutely camp as tits. Aside from Parasite it's the film I'm most excited for this awards season. I love some good prosthetic-fuelled Oscar momentum and by all accounts Charlize is amazing in this. Apparently Margot Robbie has a serious shot at a nomination too despite the character being a fictional composite.

VoR likes this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix L to the OG

This was silly and campy, fun to watch until you remember what the subject is. Less obnoxious than Vice but still so smug about events that happened.

I laughed at many of the cameos (so many comedians appearing the background or for one line). Allison Janney and Richard Kind were hilarious. All 3 leads were good but I only felt any sympathy towards Nicole, because Gretchen seemed like a person who knew what she was doing.

9. ameraal

ameraal huzzah!

saw this last night after binging on the loudest voice for another perspective. it was interesting (i had no idea about the story beforehand, interesting stuff) but the acting was definitely better than the script so it gets a 7 from me. in terms of production value it actually looked more tv than the loudest voice (also a 7).

i'm not sure which depiction of ailes i'm supposed to believe, they were almost completely oppositely portrayed.

10. HeLikedTurner

HeLikedTurner User

Not as witty or sharp as the trailer would lead you to believe, but still a well told story with fantastic performances from all, especially Charlize!

11. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

God this was BASIC.

I too found myself cackling at the ridiculous lineup of celebrity cameos, but the script was really so heavy handed and pleased with itself.

12. SDF

SDF We're all Angles in Chainz

Well call me a basic bitch, because I really enjoyed this. :D

13. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

me too.

or should that be #metoo

SDF likes this.
  14. Jark

Jark bon appètit, baby

I saw this, eventually. I really enjoyed it - well-paced, well-acted, with just enough insight and speculation to inspire a degree of intrigue (for a story already well documented) and empathy for the (not entirely empathetic) women involved.

I loved the friendship/romance between Kayla (Robbie) and Jess (McKinnon) but felt Jess got off a bit lightly for basically saying to Kayla "don't talk to me about your awful experience with Roger Ailes, it's better that I don't know". She didn't deserve the kindness Kayla continued to show her after that.

All 3 of the main cast were pretty well served but I felt Megyn's character was the only one whose psyche wasn't explored much or at all. Theron did a great job despite/considering that.

8/10