Britney Spears - Britney Jean (Album #8)

Discussion in 'Britney Spears' started by POP!, Dec 12, 2012.

1. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Well the writing process has begun anyway - Britney will probably pop into the studio a few times this Summer and then it'll be out a month later. :smoke:

2. Devil

Devil I Need A House

I'd love an In The Zone part II.

The worrying thing for me though is that if she isn't capable of at least a few GOOD performances and normal interviews then I don't really want a new album. I've loved the last three albums, and while Robot-Britney was fun to begin with it's starting to wear very thin.

3. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I say it all the time probably but In the Zone was the only glimpse we've really seen (in the form of an album) of Britney the artist. She's always been a creative force in terms of the videos, very general concepts, song selection, a Geri-lite, if you will. But even though she's loosening up a bit on X-Factor and recent interviews, I'm not sure she has another ITZ in her. She doesn't seem to have a real musical drive anymore but rather just does it for "fun". Which is perfectly fine - it just limits her growth as a pop artist. I still think whatever her team comes up with will be generally wall-to-wall max tracks though and an improvement on Femme Fatale. She was pretty much an empty vessel for the last three but I maintain that Blackout and Circus are great albums regardless.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  4. Jark

Jark User

Is it possible to be a "creative force in general concepts and song selection"? Do we even have any proof that she doesn't just record what she's told to, and then the A&R puts her tracklists together?

In the Zone is a stunning pop record but nobody is really making music like that these days (marrying pop with adult contemporary-ish beats, as opposed to just making on-trend club music) so the last person I expect to come up with the goods is Britney 2.0.

5. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

Oh I'm sure it'll be a great album, but I doubt we're going to be surprised about it at all.
    Music-wise the only surprise she's ever given us was I'm A Slave 4 U.

6. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Well, she doesn't record a song if she doesn't want to do it. And I recall seeing scenes in For the Record where she was visibly pretty hands on with the material and gave input etc in the recording and production process. Various writers, producers, even off the last few albums, have attested to collaborating with her on some level (not always co-writing) but in what types of songs she wants to record.

Not to mention - she's come up with the concepts of a number of her videos (not just BOMT). I'm not saying she's a Madonna, Mariah etc in terms of being an integral part of the creative process but she's hardly Leona Lewis either.

And regarding the new album, she's tweeted back and forth with Danja recently hinting at a Blackout 2.0. Whether or not they will reunite remains to be seen but it's nice to see her praise the album more than she did Femme Fatale when she was actually promoting it.

7. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

The same website has posted more of their interview with Elijah Blake and he confirms Darkchild is on board too.

I'm trying not get my hopes up too high but that sentence in particular makes it hard not to. :disco:

8. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Ina Wroldsen has confirmed she's working on the new album as well ("He About to Lose Me", "Higher"/"Up" by the Saturdays, "Come Alive" by Leona, "Synchronised" by SEB)

9. Slave

Slave User

They've been talking up "Blackout pt.II" since, well, 'Blackout'.

Given 'Femme Fatale' produced two of her biggest ever hits, I can't see a new album not being just more of the same

10. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

The collaborators so far seem promising but I can't help this will be another case of Femme Fatale where Britney + a couple more interesting producers/writers begin a more forward and interesting pop album and then last minute Max Martin, B+A, Dr. Luke swoop into make up the majority of the standard track list.

11. J-Snow

J-Snow I'm ms. EXTRA, EXTRA.

Where do you guys live?

[​IMG]

When Blackout hit 5 years old, it trended on Twitter and all the fans were BUZZING about how it's her best album and Brit should make an album like it again, and her response was cute (I don't remember it) but at the end she teased with "Blackout 2.0? ;)"

This is will be her FIRST attempt at re-doing Blackout. Circus was - like Britney said in the Making of Circus interviews - a lighter album than Blackout and had less of an urban feel to it. In Femme Fatale she said she was experimenting grimy and edgy sounds, which concluded with 3 dubstep breakdowns in the album. There was never anything about her trying to make an album LIKE Blackout, only trying to outdo it in quality but she couldn't.

12. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Is Sabi gonna be on it lol?

13. Mats

Mats User

it's so good to hear someone speaking sense. welcome back, J Snow

14. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

Wow, I see that Britney Spears are still the biggest retards on the net.

15. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

New tweets from Britney herself (or someone in her camp) that confirm she is working on new material:

16. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Entertainment Weekly says Britney's rep confirmed that Hit-Boy ("Clique", "Niggas in Paris", Beyonce's upcoming single with Miguel) and will.i.am are working on the new album:

And Elijah Blake has not worked with Britney according to the article.

17. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I'm not really enthusiastic about more will.i.am but it makes sense after "Scream & Shout"'s success. I just hope that he will change his sound a bit for Britney instead of recycling the same sound (not likely).

I'm surprised Hit-Boy is working with Britney as he hasn't worked with many pop artists. But it'll be more interesting than another wall-to-wall Dr. Luke/Max Martin record.

18. Slave

Slave User

NOT will.i.am again :(

19. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

Another year, another robotic Britney Spears album. Why does she even bother anymore?

20. Slave

Slave User

Because the last one produced two of her biggest hits?

21. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

Yeah but it's not like she wrote them or she was involved in the creative process in any shape or form. She's on her 8th album and she hasn't shown any sign of creative or artistic growth. And her last tour was a flop!

22. Slave

Slave User

She did always say how much of an influence Madonna was on her :D

23. Suedey

Suedey Run Away With Me

Good for her.

24. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

:basil:

Edit: and the latest rumor (from BreatheHeavy.com, an often reliable Britney fansite) is that will.i.am is the Executive Producer of the new album. :bruised:

I like what he did with Cheryl's first album but I'm not sure he'll bring the best out of Britney and we'll end up just getting another - slightly more :black: - Femme Fatale.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  25. J-Snow

26. Dark Carnival

Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

Since when do gays care about that? I don't want REAL MUSIC from Britney.

27. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

New Britney tweet:

Even though it's just a tweet and likely not even the woman herself, I've never seen her so enthusiastic about the music post-'07.

28. Slave

Slave User

Do you think she'll stay on X Factor USA for another season? I read some reports that she would be "sacked", but that was a few weeks after she appeared to confirm she WOULD go back. It seems like an easy way to promote a few singles on primetime TV without actually doing anything

29. Jark

Jark User

If it's not written by Britney herself (which, of course, it is not) then you still haven't seen her enthusiastic about new music! :D

30. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I can't see them being able to pay her $15 million again - let alone give her a raise - with the state of its ratings this past year. I think that was the whole intent of Britney and her management having an 'opt out' option after this first year. And I think X Factor, The Voice etc would happily have Britney perform on their shows whether she's affiliated or not but the real question is if she can be fucked to do so.

31. Slave

Slave User

Which of course would be a resounding no, as per

32. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

I'm still in shock she can be bothered to chuck out an album every few years and then tour. Although it's entirely possible she has no idea it's happening.
    *Pushes Britney on stage*

33. Slave

Slave User

Given her last two tours have largely consisted of her being wheeled or carried around the stage, it's entirely plausible

34. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Britney's manager Adam Leber has confirmed Ester Dean.

There's also rumors about Danja being involved since he's been tweeting quite a bit the last couple days about being in the studio all night working (he and Britney previously exchanged tweets hinting at another collaboration). Nothing is confirmed on that front, though.

I generally like Ester Dean but her two collaborations with Britney on the last album were either shit ("Drop Dead Beautiful") or not on the standard album but naturally much superior to the one that did make it ("Selfish").

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  35. Pipo

Pipo welcome to moopatica

Ester Dean is amazing though all of her good stuff ends up being given to either Rihanna, Katy Perry or Kelly Clarkson, Britney gets the left overs

and she was AMAZING in The Perfect Pitch as the token black lesbian :black:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  36. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

Danja has now confirmed himself for the album via Twitter. This seems to be shaping up rather swiftly, I doubt they'll wait until the fourth quarter to release it.

37. J-Snow

So, Will I Am is the excutive producer

[​IMG]

WELL HE IS SHIT but not as shitty as Dr. Luke

rumor has it Britney HERSELF appointed him as the excutive producer

38. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

"Britney" on Twitter:

39. Lee

Lee Ne me quitte pas

This is all VERY HARD to get excited about!

40. POP!

POP! Coupure Électrique

I'm not thrilled about will.i.am's involvement but I'm liking the general change in direction and the fact that Britney is already vocal about her involvement in the project... she's already showed more enthusiasm for the music on this album than the entire Femme Fatale campaign.

I have mixed feelings about her getting serious back into writing/co-writing, though. On one hand, it's about time she's taken the creative aspect of her music seriously after these past few years but I don't want another "My Baby" either.