Caroline Flack f**king a 17 year old - IS IT OKAY?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs & Debate' started by VoR, Dec 6, 2011.

?

Caroline Flack and Harry Styles. IS THAT OKAY?

1. It's OKAY

66.7%
  2. It's NOT OKAY

33.3%
  1. delirium

delirium TOODLES FUCKFACE

17 year olds are just GROSS in general

2. Devil

Devil I Need A House

It's slightly a "hmmm" situation but technically there is no problem. Logically thinking, if he was 20 and her 35 there would be no issues (other than the usual cougar jokes she'd get). I think it's because he is only 17 (ie: school age) that makes it slightly uncomfortable. But in saying that, then which age does it stop being wrong? 19? 22?

So long as he is legal then there is no issue.

3. Devil

Devil I Need A House

This is possibly the main point. When I was 20 my two FB's were 35 and 37. It wasn't something I publicised but it certainly never felt wrong.

4. Mel

Mel User

Caroline Flack was at my gig tonight. I should have asked her to contribute to this thread.

She was a bit pissed, a bit arsey but took some of my band's badges, draped herself over the bar counter and then got called a taxi home!

5. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

It's sick and wrong.

6. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

news: "I turned Ronan Parke" says a randy Flack, 39.

7. [insert your best offer here]

[insert your best offer here] User

8. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

VoR stop being a jealous H8TER and leave poor Caroline Flack to her paedophilic tendencies.

9. Madison

I find Nink and Tetris's thing more disturbing.

10. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

(it's not really ok though)

11. Mats

Mats User

I can't believe ANYBODY CARES

12. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Basically, I think it's NOBODY'S BUSINESS

But I find it a bit weird that an ATTRACTIVE SUCCESSFUL WOMAN in her mid thirties such as her would be interested in a young teenage boy that still - fundamentally - LOOKS LIKE A BOY. If he LOOKED older PHYSICALLY I would understand her attraction more. It's not so much about his age for me; more so his appearance.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  13. Loufoque

Loufoque BATTLE FOR YOUR LIFE

Lots of older gays like to fuck boys with boyish appearances

What's the diff?

14. Madison

They normally pick boys who aren't fugly.

15. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

Or actually 17.

There's a huge difference between some twink who looks 17 but is actually 23 and a bona fide teenager.

Suomi likes this.
  16. Jark

Jark no gem too sultry

So it's fine if they're a reasonable age with the maturity of a teenager but not fine if they're a teenager with the maturity of somebody a real age is essentially what you're saying?

I find this a very SKEWED LOGIC

17. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

Jark talking about age disparity between partners? PREACH IT.

18. Loufoque

The reality is this thread exposes which of us are MORE or LESS SEXUALLY CONSERVATIVE

19. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

No, I'm saying appearences are very different to real life experiences. Yes some teenagers are very worldly and some adults are incredibly childish, but personally when I think of the gap between who I was at 17 and who I was at 23 - never mind who I'll be at 32 - it's astronomical. Personally I don't find the twinky look remotely attractive - I guess the people who are getting all defensive about this are the ones that do - but I really think somebody who looks very young is very different to somebody who actually is a child.

Basically I just don't get WHY a 32 year old woman who could have anyone she wanted would want to fuck a 17 year old.

Like I said I'm not advocating changing the age of consent or anything, she can do what she likes. I just think it speaks to her character, as it would any 30-something who was fucking someone barely out of a training bra. She's fucked up. IMO.

20. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

There's 'boyish' and then there's 'CHILDLIKE'

BIG DIFF!

21. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

It also exposes who have fucked people who are massively their SENIORS and have a BEE IN THEIR BONNET ABOUT IT

(aka you and also JARK - if that SNOG with Eileen went ANYWHERE)

22. Loufoque

23. Loufoque

MoL you are SUCH A BITCH and I LOVE IT!

24. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

LEMME STATE FACTS IS ALL!

<3

25. Jark

Jark no gem too sultry

Well don't sit on the FENCE, you might catch a SPLINTER!

Maybe she's drawn to him despite having her pick because they have compatible personalities, have you thought of that? Wouldn't it be incredibly shallow to go with people your own age just because it's viewed as more acceptable/'the norm'? It's NOT illegal and therefore she is NOT 'fucked up'. 'IMO'.

26. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

'Drawn to him'?

FUCK OFF

She's being a fucked-up bitch having some sort of midlife crisis BOTTOM LINE. Hopefully they're not actually fucking and it's just a pathetic snog and grope here and there. It's clearly some form of ILL ADVISED PHASE on her part.

I still like her though, she seems alright.

27. cwej

cwej User

Jesus... in the words of CARLEEN ANDERSON: 'Whose business is it anyway but theirs?'

CARLEEN KNOWS:

[​IMG]

28. cwej

cwej User

AGREED.

*hangs head in shame*

Love you Jark.

29. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Also Jark, I'm sure Caroline Flack could find someone she's perfectly compatible with who's also in their THIRTIES (meaning they'll probably have FAR more in common anyway)

I mean, she doesn't seem all that COMPLEX a PERSONALITY

30. Slave

Slave User

This is SO judgemental I almost find it offensive.

Finding the whole situation a bit unfathomable, fair enough. Not really seeing the appeal, understandable. But you're essentially transplanting your own dysfunctional teenage years onto someone who you have no knowledge of on a personal level and then slating Caroline Flack and making judgements on her mindset (which again you have no knowledge of). So is this ACTUALLY a Harry Styles/Caroline Flack issue, or is a deep-rooted personal issue where the only real similarity is the old/young thing? Because not every 17 year old wears their socks to bed and not every 32 year old is a creepy letch who will feign interest in Mandy Moore to try and tap a bit of barely pubescent ass.

31. cwej

cwej User

I'm so fucking shocked by the lack of liberal thought from a lot of you in this SUPPOSEDLY SOCIALLY LIBERAL forum.

32. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Any of you who think Harry Styles isn't like any other normal 17 year old emo boy and has some sort of unusually high level of wisdom and maturity are MORONS

33. Slave

Slave User

I don't think that's what anyone is saying at ALL. The likelihood is actually that they're both complete SPACKS who just happen to enjoy each others' company. So what's the HARM?

34. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

No harm, but certainly slightly odd on her part if she's fucking him when she is 32 years old and he probably had his first kiss at the school disco a couple of years ago.

It's ridiculous not to be able to see that. I don't know any 32 year old woman who would be comfortable in that scenario.

35. Jark

Jark no gem too sultry

By ALL ACCOUNTS he got into the spirit of the things a lot younger than that!

36. cwej

cwej User

But why is it 'her' that's 'slightly odd' and not him? Why is the stigma attached to the woman?

And I think it's ridiculous to have such a hang up anyway Mo. The only reason it's not seen as 'ok' is because society has told us it's not ok. In other societies it's seen as completely normal for there to be a big age gap between couples.

Lest we forget if we were having this argument 100 years ago, we'd say it was 'ridiculous not to be able to see' that being homosexual was 'wrong' too - but I'm sure we all disagree with that now.

I find it frightening that these are the opinions of the 'socially liberal' - perhaps Mo and VoR should start reading the STOP FUCKING HATE seeing as that's where most of their opinions on this seem to be lifted from.

37. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

Even still she's comfortably got 10+ years of sexual and relationship experience on him. No doubt she was in high demand herself AT THAT AGE

38. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock one of those "they/thems"

I agree with this, in that I always find 17 year olds to come across as really quite young, and imagine that this perception will only heighten as I age.

This said, i'm not offended by it at all. I think the majority of the furore, is because she's in her thirties and he's a teenager... the latter being a particularly big deal. Teenager is such a loaded term with so many connotations of immaturity attached to it, hence why the media keep throwing it out whenever writing about this story. I genuinely think that if he were 20 or 21, people would be caring a great deal less. Her being 32 (as opposed to say, 29) doesn't help much either but isn't the major issue in it.

There is a kind of idea that women should be able to help themselves in this kind of situation. Sort of... he's the lad that is looking to get any from wherever he can get it, etc. Plus the fact that she's much older than him and for almost only that reason is perceived has having a bit more sense in her.

39. Slave

Slave User

I'm glad you made that point - because surely that's at at the root of it really. The only people who would make it awkward, difficult or wrong are not Caroline or Harry themselves. Legally it's not wrong, therefore the only question people really need to ask is not "I don't know why she would do it" or "what do they have in common" but actually "why is it such an issue to me?" because that is the only place in which it is being deemed wrong.

40. Molicious

Molicious LANA DEL MO

The stigma is not attached to the woman. The stigma is attached to the older, more life experienced person who is potentially manipulating the feelings of the CHILD involved and clearly is in a position of sexual and emotional power having had plenty of relationships and sexual experiences.

I don't find it uncomfortable because of anything society has to say. I find it uncomfortable because as a 27 year old female I think it would be inappropriate to be sexing someone 10 years younger. You simply can't relate to someone that young on a maturity level, no matter how 'adult' HARRY STYLES may be.