Celebrity Big Brother 2006 thread

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by rural juror, Jan 1, 2006.

1. rural juror

rural juror User

Apparently we get Michael Barrymore this year?

2. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

I'd heard that, the tabloids frothing over the fact there's a pool and he's there or something!

If he was laying passed out face down in a pool and you were a producer would you actually intervene?

3. rural juror

rural juror User

to push his head further under... quite possibly

4. David

That would be murder, to leave him be might just be making a more compelling reality TV product!

5. rural juror

rural juror User

good point, just sit back and WATCH

6. VoR

VoR #Justice4JLo

I cannot BELIEVE Barrymore is gonna be on it.

WHY? WHY would you?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2006
  7. Crash

Crash Thank You

Apparently Pete Burns has confirmed, something about an email to his fanclub saying he'll be on. Anna Nicole Smith and Dennis Rodman have also been confirmed.

8. rural juror

rural juror User

The following are RUMOURED

Faria Alam
    Dennis Rodman
    Anna Nicole Smith
    Boy George
    Gillian McKeith
    Shane MacGowan
    Johnny Vegas
    Jimmy Tarbuck
    Esther Rantzen
    Brian Harvey

9. rural juror

rural juror User

oh and apparently Liza Tarbuck and Jo O mEara

10. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Liza Tarbuck? Hasn't she previously been very sneering over this sort of thing? I'm sure she was asked directly about it on some interview, perhaps the Jonathan Ross show.

11. Marty

Marty User

Also Dave Berry from TRL and someone who used to be in Neighbours...

12. wendy the goat

wendy the goat Super Moderator

This weeks task: drinking competitions

13. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

NEVER underestimate the lure of reviving a dead career....

14. Marty

Marty User

Does BB really need someone like Faria Alam in it? Or Barrymore, he's just gonna moan the whole time about how unfair it all is... Arsehole.

15. dUb

dUb X HALLE

I DO LIKE DAVE BERRY

16. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Dennis ROdman should be a LAUGH, hes a LOON

Wonder how many times he mentions Madge in bed

17. Ag

Ag User

I imagine one or two might be true, but we won't know until the day... Channel 4 nearly ALWAYS have someone for them, so Gillian sounds likely...

18. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Liza Tarbuck loves reality TV doesn't she? I remember seeing her being interviewed during BB6 and saying as much. Maybe she wouldn't do it herself though...

19. ooops - didn't notice this

20. Mark

Mark User

Looking like it's gonna be good! :D

21. Ag

Ag User

The full latest list of potentials...

Celebrity Big Brother hits our screens tomorrow night, and speculation has never been higher about which personalities will be entering the Celebrity Big Brother house.

Depending on what you read, this year's Celebrity Big Brother will either be jam-packed with endlessly fascinating and controversial stars from England and America, or a bunch of boring dickwads who used to be in Coronation Street or had shows on satellite TV so obscure that not even their own mothers could pick out of an identity parade. Chances are it'll be a mixture of the two - Celebrity Big Brother bosses have announced that ten celebrities will go into the house.

To get you ready for tomorrow's Celebrity Big Brother onslaught, we've found every single potential Celebrity Big Brother housemate around for you to mull over, look at and dismiss as either too far-fetched or too cripplingly dull. Let's go...

Michael Barrymore - Already a favourite of the tabloids, which are literally pissing their knickers at the prospect of seeing Barrymore in Celebrity Big Brother. Once a huge primetime family star, before he decided he was a drug-taking homosexual with a penchant for keeping dead bodies in swimming pools. Probably looking to set the record straight on Celebrity Big Brother, although he's more likely to have a giant Feltz-style breakdown.

Dennis Rodman - A strange choice, as basketball is only really popular with girls in this country - and known by the common term 'netball'. However, Dennis does claim that Carmen Electra once tried to push uncooked pasta up his bottom, so the Celebrity Big Brother entertainment potential is there.

Faria Alam - Apparently had some kind of affair with the England manager, or something. Couldn't be less interesting if she set herself on fire, although there may be Kinga-style Celebrity Big Brother bottle unpleasantries if enough booze is consumed.

Esther Rantzen - Enormo-toothed TV presenter famous for laughing at vegetables that look like mutilated genitals on That's Life. The 'Anne Diamond' of this series of Celebrity Big Brother. Yes, Anne Diamond was on Celebrity Big Brother once. We'd forgotten about it, too.

Joan Rivers - Everyone was hoping that surgical veteran Joan Rivers would go into the Celebrity Big Brother house, be all bitchy and then leave, but the super-sleuths over at SpecialBets noticed that she is on tour throughout Celebrity Big Brother - except for one day. A surprise visitor? Who knows.

Jimmy and Liza Tarbuck - Potentially a Celebrity Big Brother 'two for one' deal; golf-loving, gap-toothed Scouse comedian Jimmy Tarbuck might go into the Celebrity Big Brother house accompanied by his daughter Liza who Is Really Good and Should Be On The Telly More.

Gillian McKeith - Now, we missed the whole Gillian McKeith deal. Apparently she's a woman who goes round calling everyone a fat fucker and then forces them to only eat tomatoes for the rest of their lives. She could be an amusing addition to Celebrity Big Brother, especially when another housemate could be...

Johnny Vegas - It's official; 48% of hecklerspray readers want Johnny Vegas to win Celebrity Big Brother, and so - if we're honest - do we. Although we're a little concerned to see if Johnny can keep up his permanently drunk shtick for three solid weeks. And he might have some potentially disastrous competition from...

Shayne McGowan - The only person in the universe that makes Johnny Vegas look like a well-adjusted young man - Shayne is the toothless, inexplicably still alive, Pouges frontman. He had a top ten hit a few weeks ago, you know, so he's vaguely current enough to be a potential Celebrity Big Brother housemate.

Boy George - Someone else who wants to clear his name on Celebrity Big Brother, after police found a whole bunch of drugs at his apartment. The big question is - can Boy George last three weeks without colouring the underside of his jaw black to make himself look thinner? We say - doubtful.

Anna Nicole Smith - Every series of Celebrity Big Brother needs totty. And, if we're lucky, unusually deranged totty. So thank God for Anna Nicole Smith, the pendulous former Playmate with a dead billionaire husband. If there was a 'vote my clothes off' segment of Celebrity Big Brother, every single 14-year-old boy in the country would text away their life savings in a second.

Pete Burns - Pete Burns is basically Kemal from BB2005's hero, as he's a man who looks like a woman. But we quite like him - mainly because he sang You Spin Me Round (Like A Record) when he was in Dead Or Alive, and also because he has a touch of the Shatner about him, in that you're never quite sure just how seriously he takes himself. The Celebrity Big Brother house would be a duller place without him.

Macaulay Culkin - Childstar of the Home Alone films turned weirdly reclusive sometime actor. Almost single-handedly saved Michael Jackson from prison by alleging that Jackson was a normal bloke and not a child-molesting freakshow. Can he present a normal profile of himself on Celebrity Big Brother? Will he tell the truth about Michael Jackson ? And - most importantly - will he do that adorable face-slap thing from Home Alone ?

Derek Ancorah - TV medium. He has his own spirit guide called Sam. Most of you seem to think he's a bit odd. That's literally all we know.

Jodie Marsh - The most unlikely glamour model in the history of the planet, seeing as how she's roughly as attractive as the mad woman who screams and cries outside Dixons round our way. With a more ludicrous tan. But she used to go out with Kenzie, so she has some amount of Celebrity Big Brother pedigree.

Dave Berry - Dull-as-clay presenter of several shows on MTV, and T4 sometimes. Maybe looking to show that he has some kind of personality by appearing on Celebrity Big Brother.

Nikki Sanderson - Her Off Coronation Street.

Scott Wright - Him Off Coronation Street.

Daniel McPherson - Him Off Neighbours.

Jocelyn Jee Esien - Remember 3 Non Blondes? Us Neither. She was one of them.

22. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

Imagine Pete Burns and Boy George in the same house?

FABULOUS! :D

23. Crash

Crash Thank You

Imagine having Pete Burns, Boy George, Joan Rivers and Anna Nicole Smith. Fuckin hell, AWESOME! :D

24. Annie R.U.O.K.

Annie R.U.O.K. I mean no harm.

He certainly helped get MJ off but it was hardly single-handedly - what about all the other people who spoke up for him, plus the fact that the evidence wasn't there in the first place.

I do hope he's in the house though as I love him.

25. Ag

Ag User

Just FUCK OFF you TIT WANK

26. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

God .. enough rumours? I've even read somewhere about Rusty Lee, though surely that's too wonderful a prospect to believe?

27. Sheena

Im WILLING to HOLD OUT HOPE though

28. David

Won't she be too busy with her prestigious shopping TV career?

29. Sheena

Rustie is DESPERATE to get on reality TV...remember the "They are going to winch me into Im a Celeb" campaign ?

And with her political "career" and Missy Elliott ads, her profile hasnt been higher in years...

Oh GO ON Channel 4...DO IT

30. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

HUR HUR HUR

31. Sheena

Is it true that its going on REALLY long this time ?

Ive just HEARD

Im bizarrely quite interested in a morbid kind of way. I couldnt give a MONKEYS about NORMAL BB...

32. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

23 days I heard somewhere

Oh YES the SLEB BB is much more interesting than the DREARY PROLES

Although my interest waned a bit last time after dear GERMAINE and MCCRIRICK went

33. Sheena

Well last year Brigitte was going to be my highlight but she was a little LACKLUSTRE In the end...though I only watched a little of it when I was bored in Dublin to be FAIR

If Barrymore, Boy George and, god forbid, Rustie get in, then I will be GLUED

34. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

I can't believe Bez won last year. I was loving it when I found out he'd be in it, but he was just as dull as Jeremy Edwards.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  35. Ag

Ag User

Last year it was ALL ABOUT "Yeah BRACKIE"... infact after the oldies left it got really very DULL

36. Sheena

Indeed...I did like Brigitte, as I said, but she wasnt half as BARKING as I hoped

But Jackie was great telly...

37. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

is Barrymore definitely in? The Mail are continuing their daily attacks on him, but get very vague when they (very briefly) mention Big Brother :s

38. Indie

Indie REMAIN INDOORS

Apparently Barrymore BEGGED to be in

Dennis Rodman is a definate, he arrived in England yesterday

39. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Liza and Jimmy Tarbuck seem to be quite a shoe-in. Yes, they're all talking about Dennis Rodman on the radio. He's been prancing around Elstree Studios this afternoon in drag :D

40. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

I bet Rodman is a let down tho