Celebrity Big Brother - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Alla, Jul 17, 2018.

1. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

As soon as anything GOOD happens, it all goes to shit!

2. SDF

SDF The Wait is Over

Someone call Kim Woodburn :disco:

3. Rita

Rita User

I think it is too late in the day to bring anyone else in. I think Natalie Nunn is still skulking around somewhere in the UK so I would hazard a guess that she still has a part to play.

4. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Yes, it ends a week on Monday, they've got plenty to clear out as it is. This has to be the shortest run in a long while.

5. Rita

Rita User

If it stayed as 4 votes a piece, it would have reverted back to the public vote and Jermaine got the lowest amount of votes. :o

6. octophone

octophone smack your lips (clap your teeth)

Y'see, this is interesting...

I first heard about the "punch" on Twitter and the indignation and disgust at Ryan was vicious, poisonous actually. Reading about it here and watching the clip, he barely touches her, if at all. This is the trouble with social media - everyone has to be the first to get into a white-hot rage or you're just not being responsible or worse, you're "a bad ally". Grim stuff.

I hope she understands how much worse she is making it for any woman who is actually punched by a friend/partner/housemate over this weekend and beyond.

ButterTart likes this.
  7. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Social justice twitter is utterly unbearable these days. No room for nuance whatsoever, just attention-seekers expressing their outrage in the most retweetable terms possible.

octophone likes this.
  8. Alla

Alla ®

I so knew she was gonna walk, no surprise. So about 10 days left and this is going to be a total snoozefest, great.

9. octophone

octophone smack your lips (clap your teeth)

Sadly, that's exactly right. I was wondering why the hell they hadn't chucked the guy out and handed him over to the police ("is this what constitutes entertainment now? wtf????"). Then I saw the clip.

10. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

I think the tide has turned now though on Twitter and people are backing Ryan

11. Ag

Ag User

The tweets about Roxanne are vile. Sure she did something very stupid on TV but she's clearly troubled.

12. Slave

Slave User

The thing with this as well is that a lot of people were saying Roxanne shouldn’t be in the house as perhaps she needs help, etc.

Rightly or wrongly, I don’t think Big Brother (or indeed any reality TV show) can just leave things to play out anymore. Back in the days of Jade vs. Shilpa, they turned the whole thing into a game where the public decided via vote. I’m not sure they would/could do the same thing if it was happening today. There would be an expectation for them to intervene in some way.

I’m not entirely sure the producers knew what to do about Roxanne and Ryan in terms of what was to come for her. Part of me wonders whether she was prompted to leave so that she could sidestep the unpleasant eviction and interview.

13. Rita

Rita User

She has lost a 75k fee. I wonder if she still got her 750k fee. :rolleyes:

14. lolly

Do we know she's lost it? I'm sure there would be negotiations.

15. Rita

Rita User

Unless Roxanne gets sectioned, or comes out to say she is getting treatment for mental health issues I can never see her working again. Ryan will now win this.

16. Rita

Rita User

I wouldn’t have thought so( I am just repeating what the rags are saying).I think it is calculated on how many days they spend in there, and she will get a percentage.

17. Alla

Alla ®

I'm sorry for her, she's clearly unwell. She won't be back on twitter anytime soon, it's full of people with more mental issues than her.

ButterTart likes this.
  18. Rita

Rita User

I am honestly speechless watching this. The house has really broke Roxanne, and it is quite sad to see. I also feel so sorry for Ryan.

19. Rita

Rita User

I did love Hardeep popping his head in mid conversation asking “Is cottage pie alright for tea?” :D

20. Alla

Alla ®

I have no words either, she took it too far.

21. Alla

Alla ®

Her face when she walks into the bedroom and everyone stops talking :D

22. Rita

Rita User

I hate seeing men cry. :(

23. Slave

Slave User

“Can we ‘ave some CHEESE on it?” :disco:

24. Alla

Alla ®

What about women?

25. Rita

Rita User

I hate seeing ANYONE cry. Us ladies can be a bit more emotional in general though.

26. lolly

I take great pride in making my male clients cry. It's the women I struggle with.

27. Rita

Rita User

Sally tells it like it is. No beating around the bush with that gal. :D

28. Rita

Rita User

We don’t generally need someone to make us cry. I know it just takes a certain time of the month to set me off.

29. Slave

Slave User

Sally casually putting Roxanne in her place whilst sipping orange juice from a wine glass was just what the ending of the episode needed.

30. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Maybe Roxanne should become a a Premiership footballer. She appears to have a similar pain threshold.

31. Slave

Slave User

It will be fascinating to see what she does next.

She’s not high profile enough to NEED to give an interview to defend her position, but I guess she might want to try and salvage something out of this, even if it is just her panto booking.

32. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

I have no idea how Roxanne managed to pass the psych test. I think she actually DOES believe what she is saying. She's one messed up individual, desperate for attention. She doesn't need to be vilified, she needs help.

33. lolly

She's already recorded the Bear Grylls thing which is broadcast next week. And apparently she walked from that.

34. lolly

Yes, I think she believes it as well. Fuck knows what's going on in that head.

35. Slave

Slave User

Maybe she really just thought she was giving CBB a “storyline” and bought into it. I can see her being naive/stupid enough not to realise the gravity of her accusations whilst being committed to getting her 5 minutes of fame from the show.

Once Ben was evicted, her saying “who am I going to sit with?” felt very school childish. And I can sort her see that juvenility in her accusation where she’s exaggerated something and then really bought into it without realising the ramifications.

Logic? likes this.
  36. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Well that was an episode, it'll be a big fat nothing for the next week now mind. Big Brother helpfully moved things along in that little diary room chat with Dan, and they didn't seem to try very hard to convince Roxy to stay.

I agree that she seemed to have convinced herself of her version of events and was in a complete panic as it all unravelled. I felt for her to a degree tonight and probably would be inclined to feel more sympathetic if it weren't for apparently everyone she has ever worked with lining up to say what a piece of work she is.

All very tense, but then there was their cottage pie with cheese on tea plans, Hardeep's quite unpleasant congestion, Sally and Nick not giving one shit and Roxy's bizarre corner shop on rations comment to lighten the mood somewhat.

37. Ozymandias

Ozymandias User

she has textbook borderline personality disorder. obviously i’m not doctor and am in no place no diagnose but that’s what it shows to me. i hope she finds help and it’s really wrong ultimately of channel 5 to manipulate these problems. good job they are ‘resting’/getting rid of this for good because it’s all gone to the side of not right...

38. Ag

Ag User

This is tough viewing.

39. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Judging you in Google Translate

I'm actually really worried for her. Sure, she is a complete cow and a piece of work, but no normal person behaves the way she does. It's been going on for years and years with more people coming out with stories about how nasty and vindictive she has been. It seems she has just been allowed to continue behaving this way. Why haven't her family or friends done anything about it?

One one hand, she deserves to be punished but on the other hand, she's clearly mentally ill and I think needs serious help. I almost feel sorry for her. Her life is ruined. Some might say she deserves everything she gets, and she probably does to an extent, but I don't think all the villifying on social media is doing any good. I think disorders of this type still have a lot of stigma attached to them and many people don't understand them, but they are as valid an illness as serious depression or being bipolar.

I hope this is the catalyst for her to finally get the help she needs. It remains to be seen whether she will or not.

40. Slave

Slave User

I’m not sure she is mentally ill (although she’d be stupid not to go down that route as some form of justification) - maybe she is just a horrible entitled person who appears to have a victim complex.