Cologne/EDT/Perfume - How many do you own?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle & Culture' started by Eddie, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Eddie

Eddie User

Where are you getting your samples from Zu? How much are you paying?

I mean if they definitely can’t change it fine but if they are able to I’d swap for Serge Luten’s Muscs Koublai Khan. It’s even more of a PONG MONSTER.

2. wurst

wurst GONK QUEEN

I am VERY into the description of this one:

Evocative of China and its splendour during the reign of the legendary Kublai Khan, this tribute to China, with echoes of gold, lacquer work and Khanbaliq smoking dens, reveals its silky outer layer in a multitude of singular stages. :disco:

Sadly not so enamoured by the £260 price point :D

3. Eddie

Eddie User

I do think they are bullshiting somewhat because now I come to think of it, I might have tried the Cologne in Liberty and it was not urine looking (or indeed smelling) enough.

4. Eddie

Eddie User

It’s totally my fault though, so if pressed, I can send you a couple of ml. I’ve still got about 90% of it left, :D

5. Eddie

Eddie User

Wha...:shock:

It’s been discontinued apparently! Fuck that!

6. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

It does sound FERAL (one review says, “Someone told me I stink”) :disco:

I’m getting my samples from Scent Samples. Is there somewhere better I could be going?

7. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh WHAT

8. wurst

wurst GONK QUEEN

Oh god don't get me onto a website called SCENT SAMPLES! As IF I need ANOTHER completely pointless drain on the bank account :D

9. Eddie

Eddie User

Les Senteurs in London used to send lots of freebie samples, particularly if you were on their mailing list. Their branches are actually great places to while away an evening (at least when there isn’t a pandemic on).

https://www.lessenteurs.com/

Bloom Perfumery in the city is good too.

As for purchased samples, I too used to use Scent Samples and there was another website, which I can’t remember for the life of me.

https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/collections seems to be a new one, unless they’ve changed the look.

Zu-Klara likes this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie User

Who is a fan of Tuberose as a note? Obviously there is Fracas which I own a small decant of (in parfum strength) but I love indolic fragrances, particularly when jasmine and tuberose are combined and the smell verges on rotting meat/ faeces but doesn’t quite get there. :disco:

Carnal Flower is an amazing one. When Covid is over, I urge people to go and have a sniff. It’s exceptional.

11. Eddie

Eddie User

Turns out this isn’t new and they HAVE changed their website. I’ve used them lots in the past. They are great!

Zu-Klara likes this.
  12. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Sounds like it gets close enough. One for the unimaginably disturbed scat girls I would suggest :)

13. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Incidentally, anyone visiting Casa Zu this morning would have wondered why I’m throwing money at things to make me smell animalistic. Dear God the ripe stank of the undercarriage. Luckily I’ve now bathed, as well as cutting my hair for the first time in weeks and trimming the out of control ‘colourful mental health’-themed goatee, and with a quick spritz of Terre d’ I’m looking good, feeling great and hot to trot :disco:

wurst, Eddie and Soldi like this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie User

15. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

“Intoxicating and coarse” :disco:

16. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

@Eddie They’ve arrived and after a quick spritz of Cologne... I’ve just been asked in Sainsbury’s whether I’ve recently been rear ended by a bull in a barn

To which the answer was of course YES THANKS

Eddie likes this.
  17. Eddie

Eddie User

That was quick!!

What do you really think about it though? Is it SKANKY enough for your liking?

18. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

Oh very much so. Your description was highly accurate :disco:

FILTH

Eddie likes this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie User

It’s amazing how it can veer from being comforting to smelling like you’ve slept in the gutter.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Zu-Klara likes this.
  20. Zu-Klara

Zu-Klara User

With your back door hanging off its hinges

Eddie likes this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie User

Seriously though I’m fascinated by the use of CIVET and CASTOREUM (and to a lesser extent AMBERGRIS) in perfume.

I’m pretty sure these ingredients are still used despite what the makers claim.

22. Eddie

Eddie User

After a pretty fiery RUBY.

23. Cloud

Cloud Yiff Representative

Does LYNX AFRICA count?

I like the nice fresh Mugler Cologne, I think they come in a whole bunch of flavours now but the green one.

24. Eddie

Eddie User

I hate ALL Thierry Mugler fragrances.

25. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

A & B-Men is literally the smell of me in my early twenties. Foul!

26. Eddie

Eddie User

All I get from them is BURNT SUGAR.

There have been so many variants PURE MALT, PURE HAVANE...

They all smell rancid to me.

27. Eddie

Eddie User

I think as high street designer brands go, the original Dior Homme was a masterpiece. It has since been reformulated out of existence though.

Olivier Polge has made some cracking fragrances. His Kenzo Power is so underrated and I know it's divisive but I really like Victor & Rolf's Spicebomb.

28. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

Oh I do love Spicebomb. That is a pre-recent splurge favourite.

I tried a sample of Pure Havane and I wasn't fussed.The bottles look silly as well (I realise I have just raved about Spicebomb).

29. Pipo

Pipo The devil's in the details

I have Spicebomb and it's amazing.

30. FetchFugly

I bought a 200ml bottle of Shock for £25, and I am very pleased with my purchase. I should think that it will keep me going.

31. Frozen

Frozen I Play The Streetlife

Ooh very nice. Do you like?

I got my birthday purchases this week - Halloween Man Rock On, Azzaro Chrome Legend (2nd bottle as I adore this), Davidoff Cool Water Intense, Davidoff Run Wild and Davidoff Cool Water 'Aquaman' edition. Really impressed with Rock On and Run Wild so far.

FetchFugly likes this.
  32. FetchFugly

Yes, it is kind of in line with what I expected from the descriptions I had read, but really nice and ridiculously good value.

Glad you are enjoying your birthday collection. Calling a fragrance Rock On does bring to mind David Essex though.

Frozen likes this.
  33. Jark

Jark I... know... how bad you want this

two of my favourites are Tom Ford Black Orchid and Velvet Orchid

[​IMG]

these days I prefer Velvet because it's a bit more delicate and feminine. Black Orchid is SO overpowering, but I do love a RICH NOCTURNAL SCENT. I hate daytime/summer/"sport" perfumes (anyone who wears LACOSTE SPORT needs to have a fucking WORD!). Give me woody/jasmine/"oriental" any night of the week. Not leather though.

my absolute number 1 favourite these days however (which will no doubt be looked down on by the SNOBS among us :eyes:)

[​IMG]

oh my god it's everything. I've finished mine now - I may have cried.

Eddie likes this.
  34. Jark

for cheap, everyday wear I find Rituals perfumes to be absolutely gorgeous. Eau d'Orient is such sweet, aromatic gorgeousness

[​IMG]

apparently it's "for women" and the also divine Maharaja d'Or is "for men" but I find all of their perfumes unisex-to-feminine so. sometimes I don't/can't recycle the bottles cos they're so pretty. :D / :(

35. Frozen

The CK range can be very hit and miss but they're always affordable at least. Shock is one of their best in my opinion, it's smell is long lasting and a good autumn/winter fragrance. Your 200ml bottle should last you ages.

@Jark Big fan of Paco Rabanne here, don't know why anyone would be snobby about them. Haven't gotten to the Pure XS yet but love the original XS and Black too. Ultraviolet remains my go-to with their line.

Jark likes this.
  36. Jark

As a teenager first becoming AWARE of the POSSIBILITIES of wearing perfume I used to be obsessed with the Carolina Herreira 212 series, specifically 212 VIP. I liked the smell a lot, but it stayed on the skin (on my skin anyway) for about TEN MINUTES and the PROJECTION was somewhere between dogshit and non-existent! I wasted a lot of money on that shit!

Frozen likes this.
  37. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I fancy something WOODY for winter. Specifically BIRCH.

38. Jark

I thought they were seen as a bit of a DEPARTMENT STORE/AIRPORT DUTY FREE fave, but to be honest I don't give a fuck about that.

It must be said though that Pure XS NIGHT EdP is the one - the regular Pure XS is just fine. But stick the word NIGHT on something and lavish it with warm spices and I'll be on my knees in an instant.

39. Frozen

40. Frozen

I couldn't care less either, most of the big names are all in stores or duty free these days anyway. PR probably have a worse rep due to amount of One Million that flooded the market.

You should check out Azzaro Wanted By Night, I've a feeling you'd be weak for it.

Jark likes this.