Cry Baby - Jemini (United Kingdom 2003 - NUL POINTS)

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by Madison, May 23, 2015.

?

Don't mention the (Iraq) war

1. 12

14.3%
  2. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

4.8%
  4. 7

4.8%
  5. 6

9.5%
  6. 5

4.8%
  7. 4

9.5%
  8. 3

4.8%
  9. 2

14.3%
  10. 1

14.3%
  11. Nul

19.0%
  1. Madison

Madison Everything goes up by six

How do you rate this entry?

[video=youtube;Eu5kgSeZHfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu5kgSeZHfw[/video]

2. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

Absolutely brilliant on every level. An H and Claire tribute act (just THINK how many rungs from even STEPS you have to climb down to get to THAT) who completely FUCKED up their vocal (especially Jemma) on the night due to a technical fault. And then it not only comes LAST at the only time in the competition where there were 26 entries in the competition, but it also gets ZERO.

SPLENDID

Zu-Klara likes this.
  3. wurst

wurst User

I love the explosion-in-hair-straighteners-factory OFFICIAL promo video almost as much as the performance - http://youtu.be/uIqItP--pGY

*drives car in goldfish tank*

Poor fucks

4. Penelope

Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

As an entry it's actually a fairly serviceable piece of basic pop which stands up fine - it's the performance that transformed it into a total horror show.

The performance is so obviously a unanimous 0 on all fronts that I won't bother accounting for it in my rating, so I'll go for rating the entry which I'd put at a 6. Though even if Jemini had been half competent we'd have still been destroyed by Dime doing the same thing infinitely better.

5. Man in a Hamster Wheel

Man in a Hamster Wheel Mr Blue

Whatever happened to the supposed follow-up, a cover of Nick Berry's "Every Loser Wins"? Did it end up in the same record company drawer as the Sarah Whatmore début and the Samantha Mumba sophomore effort?

6. Sharla

Sharla The Resistance

Headphones recommended for this performance to get every nuance of just how out of tune she was. Watching it live I don't think we realised just how bad it was because it was difficult to hear over the laughter but at least they're remembered for something.

7. Man in a Hamster Wheel

Man in a Hamster Wheel Mr Blue

NAR but I just consulted Wiki on whether there's any development on that and learnt: Sarah has left the music industry and is now currently working in a call centre in Manchester. She DID eventually release an album in 2009 though (featuring the prophetically-titled track "Permanent Last Resort"), amazingly still on 19 Records apparently!

8. Win_the_game

Win_the_game User

It looks like it was filmed on a mobile phone. :D

9. Halli

Halli sippin' champagne from a paper cup

:manson: at ironic 12's

10. Eileen

Eileen All the better to see you with, my dear.

That's not very nice about monsta.

11. Penelope

Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

That's a remarkable spread of points.

12. totesquiche

totesquiche User

Song from the radio semifinals in 2003. I swear most of the views come from me.

13. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

SO this was the Friday night dress rehearsal perfomance and Gemma is more in tune in her verse but it is still a ropey performance.

If this had been the live performance, I imagine it would have picked up some points here and there but it would still have ended up about 22nd.

14. totesquiche

totesquiche User

I once sang this in a school karaoke contest, along with Satellite, because I found out it was in the karaoke machine's selection along with Germany 2010. (Mind you, I'm from a country far away enough from Europe that finding Eurovision songs in karaoke machines would be a shock.)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017