Current favorite reality TV shows?

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by brightlight, Apr 5, 2007.

1. brightlight

brightlight User

So what's everyone addicted to lately? Season 2 of Gene Simmons Family Jewels started and I'm glad it's back on. Anyone else here watch this?

2. Halli

Halli Queen Nat - The Voice

I just saw 'Deadline' on ITV2 with Janet Street Porter. Lisa I'Anson has such an attitude :D

3. Ag

Ag User

FUCK AMERICAN SHIT

4. cwej

cwej User

The Amazing Race: All-Stars - Charla & Mirna ROCK.
    The Apprentice
    Survivor 14...

:shy:

5. cwej

cwej User

Incidentally, why do Challenge TV/Living TV/ITV2 etc etc pay for crap like Australian Princess, Beauty and the Geek, etc etc, but not for Survivor and The Amazing Race which are just SO MUCH BETTER.

6. K@ne

K@ne Have a nectarine, Gonk!

I find Australian Princess. America's Top Model, etc horrendous.

Love Survivor (though we haven't got 14 yet) & The Amazing Race All Stars (starting here soon) should be good value.

Currently addicted to The Biggest Loser series 2 (didn't watch series one, but this year it's more Big Brother-ish & that's what interests me more than straight weight loss). Big Brother starts here as soon as The Biggest Loser finishes.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  7. cwej

cwej User

Didn't Australia only show Seasons 7, 9 and 10 or something? You're gonna have loads of people in All-Stars that you've never heard of!

My favourite team going into the season was John Vito & Jill and Uchenna & Joyce, but I'd never seen Charla & Mirna before - they're FABULOUS! You'll either love them or hate them... :D

8. K@ne

Yeah I've watched every season we've had, which is only about 4 of them. I loved the one with Joyce & Uchenna.

9. cwej

cwej User

Well, I THINK you've had Season 7, 9 and 10... which means you get Uchenna & Joyce; Rob & Amber (Season 7); a hybrid team of Eric & Danielle (without Jeremy & Dani, from Season 9); and Dustin & Kandace and David & Mary (Season 10).

I genuinely think that Mirna is POSSIBLY the BEST reality TV contestant of ALL-TIME... the further back in the racing line-up she is, the funnier she becomes... ultra-competitive, but really not very good at racing. :D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7nKYtGrJLY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t7nKYtGrJLY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HoAUj5e9fQU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HoAUj5e9fQU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Those include spoilers for Season 5, but not for All-Stars incidentally.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  10. K@ne

OK then I've seen seasons 7 & 9, it seems like more.
    I initially only tuned in to Season 7 to see Rob & Amber, but I soon got hooked & never wanted them to win. Then we went straight to season 9 (with the hippies, frat boys, stupid girls etc).

11. wendy the goat

wendy the goat PS1 Hagrid is sick of your shit

UTTER PISSDRIBBLE

12. Ellie

Ellie Super talented triple threat

Who saw Neneh Cherry's new cooking show on BBC2 last night?

13. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

Killing Brigitte Nielsson on Sky Travel is quite funny.

14. Adeva

Adeva User

This weeks double episode of the Amazing Race was priceless!

The sausage eating... and vomiting, and Charla in a suit of armour, enough said!

Survivor 14 has been a little underwhelming after the fantastic Cook Islands, but of course I'm still addicted.

I'm still watching the Apprentice Los Angeles, even though its kinda crappy, and really needs to head back to New York next time. And it's just not the same without Carolyn and George. But it's something to watch!

I've been downloading Bravo's Top Design too, which is rubbish but enjoyable.

15. cwej

cwej User

I love the fact Charla has vomited in 2 consecutive episodes - I wanna see what they can do to make her vomit next week :D

Survivor 14 is OK... at least Rocky has gone now.

16. brightlight

brightlight User

But it's funny "PISS DRIBBLE!"

17. Ill Advised

Ill Advised User

I am enjoying The Biggest loser but keep missing it on Living2

18. David

David Misanthropic Old Bastard

I am with Cwej in my Amazing Race love and Mirna has been fantastic though I don't really like her!

19. Alex

Alex Is this a triangle?

Hollyoaks

20. cwej

cwej User

I LOVE HER!

Everything they do is dramatic!

Charla: 'I can't believe I outran Drew'...
    Mirna: 'You outran Drew? GOOD FOR YOU...'

Charla: '(crying her eyes out) This is SO STRESSFUL... I don't see anything but ROCKS... OH MY GOD... There's someone behind us!'
    Mirna: 'Then we're not last. And we'll beat them in a footrace.'
    Charla: 'Yeah... RIGHT'

Charla: 'Oh my GOD... I need a step-stool'
    Mirna: 'Charla, I don't have TIME for a step-stool, PLEASE'
    Charla: 'I can't reach it'
    Mirna: 'There IS no step-stool'
    Charla: 'THIS IS A STEP-STOOL'

Mirna: (crying) 'My legs are starting to bleed'
    Charla: 'I CAN'T HELP IT!'

(Dustin and Kandace following Charla and Mirna to follow the same taxi driver, they all stop)
    Mirna: 'Are you willing to split the fee since you're following us? You guys either go and we're gonna sit here and hang out for a while or you can split the fee?'
    Charla: 'SPLIT THE FEE. DECIDE. DECIDE'
    Mirna: 'Freeloaders, we're not helping them' (The Beauty Queens leave them to be hysterical at the taxi driver, Teri & Ian approach...)
    Charla: 'There's another team!'
    (both of them start going hysterical)
    Mirna: 'OK we don't have time amigo!'
    Ian: 'It's Mirna and Schmirna!' (driving past!)
    Mirna: 'JUST GIVE HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS!' (Gives all her belongings to the taxi driver!) 'JUST TAKE ALL OUR MONEY! HERE! TAKE ALL OF IT!'
    Charla: 'Take ALL our money amigo!'
    Mirna: 'What do you want?! Tell us..'
    Charla: What do you want from me?'
    Mirna: '20 dollars to eat food, I give you. I don't eat tomorrow! Muchos gracias amigo... GOD HELP YOU!'
    (David and Mary drive past...)
    Mary: 'It's... Charla and Mirna?!'
    Charla: 'Another team!'
    Mirna: 'It's the LAST TEAM!!!'

That does not quite make clear just how hysterically FUNNY these girls are!

Their run in with Teri & Ian is fabulous too!

Teri: 'I want this flight and I would like to be on this plane'
    Mirna: (compeltely interrupting) 'Can you help us? They told us you would help us at the other counter!'
    Teri: 'This is MY counter! Do not speak to MY person, while I am at the counter!'
    Mirna: 'Teri, you don't own the world!'
    Teri: Then you may talk to me, until he finishes my stuff!'
    Ian: 'You're coming and jumping in front of us here! Do not INTERCEDE! (Loudly...) Security please!'
    (Pause)
    Ian: 'You're being RUDE!'
    Mirna: (genuinely astonished) 'Oh... I took lessons from the king of rude... YOU!'

Charla in an interview: 'There was no need for yelling and screaming at one another'... oh the IRONY. :D

21. David

It's Mirna's complete lack of self-awareness that makes it for me, I'd want to lamp her within 5 minutes if I ever met her, how Charla hasn't is beyond me!

22. cwej

cwej User

Charla is NOT quite there either in my opinion - compared to Mirna she's sane, but compared to all the other contestants she's mental. Oh another favourite:

Mirna: 'I work very hard: physically, mentally, to do well... I do all the navigating, I do all the airline booking...'

(cut to Mirna yelling at Charla: 'You didn't bring our purse? Well how are we going to have our passports? Excuse me ONE minute...')

'Charla obviously wants to contribute, but I do more than any one single person has ever had to do on the race, to compensate for any shortcomings we have...'

(Cut to Mirna telling Charla off: 'This is NOT being awake and alert. We NEED to hold on to this')

The irony being that Charla does ALL the physical roadblocks! :D

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  23. Emma

Emma x-o-x-o

america's next top model
    girls of the playboy mansion
    my super sweet sixteen
    the apprentice
    dog the bounty hunter

24. cwej

cwej User

I forgot American Idol if that counts.

25. cwej

cwej User

BIG YAY AT SURVIVOR THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you're talking about people with a lack of awareness, LISI is your woman...

26. roamer

roamer User

I fist cows

27. Ag

Ag User

Why are we STILL putting up with these MORONIC YANKS?

28. cwej

cwej User

How good was Survivor this week? Genuinely one of the best episodes EVER. The look on the 3 horsemen's faces when they got swindled while trying to get rid of Cassandra (who is OBVIOUSLY my favourite for OBVIOUS reasons) was PRICELESS. Mookie out NEXT please.

29. K@ne

That's where we're up to.

30. David

It ALMOST made up for Michelle's exit last week! I adored her... Strategically it reminded me of the move Cirie pulled a few seasons ago (if you've never seen THAT cwej, you have missed out on the bestest reality black lady contestant EVER)...

I also thought the men deserved it for going after Cassandra, who, while being great in the reward challenge, was never gonna be a physical threat

31. wendy the goat

wendy the goat PS1 Hagrid is sick of your shit

No

32. K@ne

Oh I LOVED Cirie. she was hilarious.

33. David

Eeek! LEAVES!

34. cwej

cwej User

The choice of going for Cassandra was just weird. It was pure revenge on the part of Mookie and proved how strong a character he is - he obviously convinced Alex and Edgardo to run with it. The argument that she's the middle ground between the other 5 is possibly quite true, but it's not enough to warrant voting her out. I know it's a long shot, but she's now actually becoming an active player - which could hold her in good stead in a final tribal council.

The sooner Alex and Mookie are out the better, though I WISH Mookie had refused to give them the idol - that would have just made me LAUGH... :D

35. cwej

cwej User

BEST CHARLA & MIRNA MOMENT EVER! :D

I won't say any more though in case of ruining bits for you.

36. K@ne

Thanks. If it has been mentioned who else has been eliminated then I've avoided it by selectively skim-reading, it's all still a surprise for me.

37. cwej

cwej User

It's final 4 in the US now - going down to final 3 on Sunday! VERY EXCITED! :D :D

So you've lost JV & Jill and Kevin & Drew only yes? I hated Kevin & Drew and was VERY PLEASED but JV & Jill were my favourite team. :(

38. K@ne

Exactly, I thought the first team were nice people & I would have liked to see more of them, & I was SO pleased to see the baldies go. One of them was quite obviously either ill or had issues, & in real life I would have sympathised, but this is a reality TV show, & it makes for bad television because they were useless, bumbling, whiny & not entertaining.

39. cwej

cwej User

Exactly - there's being bad at it and being entertaining (see Charla & Mirna) and there's being bad at it and being a waste of space (see Kevin and mainly Drew).

You haven't seen Season 3 with John Vito & Jill in no? They were my favourite team of all-time for varying reasons. Jill was just INCREDIBLE. :D And JV is HOT.

40. David

Kevin and Drew were OK racers in their original season, and America loved them, but the years since have obviously not been kind to Drew health-wise...

Their best exchange, and most representative of how they were in S1:

Drew (I think): Peru sure is beautiful isn't it?
    Kevin: I'm sure it is, but we're in Ecuador.

Or words to that effect