Death Stranding

Discussion in 'Gaming & Tech' started by COB, May 29, 2019.

1. COB

COB Nasty Boys

So Hideo Kojima's new game has been in development for a while, and there have been a few trailers over the years that were intriguing but didn't give much away - something about dead whales, oil, babies in artificial wombs, all par for the course so far obviously. A new trailer has been released, finally showing some actual gameplay as well as more hints of what the game's actually ABOUT:

... I'm more confused than before, to be honest :D I think it's safe to expect batshit insanity from Kojima, but this looks like it's on another fucking planet and I can't wait.

2. COB

COB Nasty Boys

Here's the theme song:

I quite like it! I'm guessing the lyrics will be quite relevant to the themes of the game, as Kojima was quoted years ago as saying most games are about sticks but this one's about ropes, and the connections between people and all that. I still don't know what you actually DO in the game, I believe there's been quite a bit of footage released in the past month or so but I don't want to see too much.

3. Mats

Mats User

some things were explained re: the baby in the most recent video. to be honest I think he's just using the MGS formula of a tactics game in a surreal world, with the surreal part ramped up considerably. I hope it won't be all staffage but a strong story too. I can imagine the real actors will add to that