Denmark 2019: Leonora - Love Is Forever

Discussion in 'Eurovision' started by VoR, Jan 31, 2019.

  1. VoR

    VoR #Justice4JLo

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    112,331
    Location:
    The Cinema
    Danish songs are out.

    League of Light is the clear standout for me from a pretty thin selection. I believe Julie Berthelsen is one of the better known contenders this year, and it lends itself to a nice dramatic stage show even if the song is a touch underpowered. The verse in Greenlandic is a nice novelty too.

    As for the rest, Anywhere is a very nice pop song that takes far too long to get going. Good for radio, less so for Eurovision.

    I can see Love Is Forever potentially gaining some traction, though personally I find it insufferably twee.

    Dancing With You In My Heart is ludicrous old-school schlager complete with key change. Clearly going nowhere, but fun.

    The rest aren't even worth talking about.
     
  2. dUb

    dUb BUSY

    Joined:
    May 2, 2004
    Messages:
    28,574
    Bloody hell, I REALLY love Hold My Breath :D
     
  3. Mats

    Mats User

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    Messages:
    23,974
    I don't even know when the show is... I'm off the wagon

    I only spot three known names in the list. Julie, Jasmin (on So You Think You Can Bake or whatever it's called in the UK) and Sigmund (from X Factor, mentored by SANNE SALOMONSEN)

    I've stopped hoping for any good material
     
  4. VoR

    VoR #Justice4JLo

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    112,331
    Location:
    The Cinema
    Love Is Forever wins. I find it hideous, but it'll probably do quite well.

     
  5. Kalabaliken

    Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    22,885
    Location:
    Glasgow
    It’s alright compared to some of the shit we have. But I can see why she might come across as very annoying!
     
  6. ButterTart

    ButterTart Mod of war

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2014
    Messages:
    13,452
    Location:
    The Land of Broken Dreams
    Oh for FUCK'S SAKE. Another TURD. Thank Christ for Siren Song, the only reason this weekend hasn't been a total wipeout.
     
  7. Win_the_game

    Win_the_game PAZZESKA

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Messages:
    10,186
    Oh god I hate that sort of twee shit. And she's got one of those irritating, breathy voices that EVERY female singer seems to have these days.
     
  8. VoR

    VoR #Justice4JLo

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    112,331
    Location:
    The Cinema
    It does mean Denmark will finally have performed a song at least partially in their own language for the first time since 1998.
     
  9. lolly

    lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    148,243
    Well that's fucking irritating.
     
  10. ZZ

    ZZ lacklustre forgotten diva

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2009
    Messages:
    6,475
    It's not bad, but I hate those preachy songs that tells us what love is and how we should be and bla-bla-bla.
    Who knows, maybe the staging will be good. But I don't really like the song.
     
  11. Haiku

    Haiku User

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2016
    Messages:
    1,025
    Awww I was really pulling for League of Light, even if it was a somewhat underwhelming performance than what it should've been. They looked so sad as well when the host announced they came 2nd. :(


    They probably would've suffered though if Norway is sending KEiiNO.
     
  12. Haiku

    Haiku User

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2016
    Messages:
    1,025
    Leonora's song is cute but it's a moment where once I listen to it I don't feel any reason to go back to it. It's mildly irritating otherwise.
     
  13. Kalabaliken

    Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    22,885
    Location:
    Glasgow
    Yeah they were devastated. Poor ladies. But the performance lacked something. It would have been nice to her Greenlandic at Eurovision. Though think even though it's annoying, they picked the right song with the best chances to do well.
     
  14. VoR

    VoR #Justice4JLo

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    112,331
    Location:
    The Cinema
    The performance
     
  15. Haiku

    Haiku User

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2016
    Messages:
    1,025
    Super-Final Jury/Televote split is out, turns out the duo won the televote.
    Sang nr. 5: Sigmund 'Say My Name'. Jury: 14% - Televote: 9%. Total: 23%
    Sang nr. 7: Julie & Nina 'League of Light'. Jury: 12%- Televote: 23%. Total: 35%
    Sang nr. 9: Leonora 'Love Is Forever'. Jury: 24% - Televote: 18%. Total: 42%
     
  16. Kalabaliken

    Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    22,885
    Location:
    Glasgow
    So if we take the televote as half then they actually got 46% of the televote against 36%. It was the jury ranking them third that let them down. That's a bitter pill to swallow, I guess, but that's the rules.
     
  17. dUb

    dUb BUSY

    Joined:
    May 2, 2004
    Messages:
    28,574
    WHAT A PRICK
     
    Zu-Klara and FetchFugly like this.
  18. Dark Carnival

    Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    56,208
    Location:
    Sarajevo
    L’amour est pour toujours
    L’amour est pour toujours et pour tout le mooonde <3
     
  19. FetchFugly

    FetchFugly closing in again

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2005
    Messages:
    16,454
    This is really the pits. As noted twee shit and the voice goes right through me.
     
    Zu-Klara and dUb like this.
  20. Pingu

    Pingu Never thought I'd work again

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2009
    Messages:
    7,321
    This has grown OFF me quite a bit. I just can’t get past how utterly dumb it is. It’s like Ingrid Michaelson post-lobotomy.
     
    Penelope likes this.
  21. Kalabaliken

    Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2012
    Messages:
    22,885
    Location:
    Glasgow
    I think this will do pretty well. I think the juries will like it. I guess around a Higher Ground result isn't out of reach.
     
  22. Dark Carnival

    Dark Carnival Tu cabeza, mi cabeza

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    56,208
    Location:
    Sarajevo
    This >>> Higher Ground
     
  23. David_5000

    David_5000 I'll dance alone

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2006
    Messages:
    21,303
    Location:
    London
    JUSTICE 4 SANNE SALOMONSEN

    (oh wrong one)
     
    Penelope likes this.
  24. SDF

    SDF Moving on, to a brighter dawn

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2004
    Messages:
    12,179
    This is in no way better than Higher Ground :horny:
     
  25. VoR

    VoR #Justice4JLo

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    112,331
    Location:
    The Cinema
    I got very confused by the last two posts and briefly thought SDF had the hots for Sanne Salomonsen.
     
    SDF likes this.
  26. Penelope

    Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    28,181
    This has seriously grown off me too. To think the Danish juries opted for this and REJECTED the LESBIAN VERONA that was League of Light! :evil:
     
    Zu-Klara likes this.
  27. Suomi

    Suomi User

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2004
    Messages:
    46,008
    It’s close to being the worst for me - I don’t mind twee per se, but to be this obtuse in such a terrible political climate seems almost wilfully ignorant and trolling. Actually thinking about it I love it and give it 11.
     
    Penelope, Zu-Klara and VoR like this.
  28. Penelope

    Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    28,181
    :D!

    Don't get too political :DAF: :disco:
     
  29. Diddy

    Diddy Rice Queen

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2004
    Messages:
    47,464
    Location:
    logictherapy.wordpress.com
    I listened to this properly and was like UGH when it started but liked it by the end. What is this twee shit doing to me?

    It reminded me a lot of this though:
     
  30. David_5000

    David_5000 I'll dance alone

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2006
    Messages:
    21,303
    Location:
    London
    The song doesn't do much on its own but the live performance is weaponised saccharine, I think this'll do well.
     
  31. Diddy

    Diddy Rice Queen

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2004
    Messages:
    47,464
    Location:
    logictherapy.wordpress.com
    As far as weaponised saccharine goes, it’s at least better than Germany last year
     
  32. Penelope

    Penelope DON'T TALK TO ME

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2009
    Messages:
    28,181
    But not better than GERMANY THIS YEAR :disco:
     
    Diddy likes this.
  33. lolly

    lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    148,243
    I think this may well be the qualifier I resent the most.

    For all I said about it being preferable to Ireland last night, i don't think it is. Ireland only really became dreadful because of the presentation of it, but this is innately twee and SMUG as fuck.
     
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Zu-Klara likes this.
  34. Apocalypt Flyer

    Apocalypt Flyer spheres

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Messages:
    46,786
    Location:
    suitcase
    There is something terrifying about her singing "Love Is Forever", swinging from side to side on the giant chair while staring into the camera looking DEAD behind her eyes.

    Deeply sinister.
     
    Alla, Zu-Klara and Suomi like this.
  35. David_5000

    David_5000 I'll dance alone

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2006
    Messages:
    21,303
    Location:
    London
    I always find myself involuntarily swaying from side to side when watching the performance.
     
  36. Zu-Klara

    Zu-Klara SIEBEN SIEBEN!

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    Messages:
    22,798
    That’d be Satan making you do that :(

    Or her MAXINE CARR EYES :shock:
     
    Diddy likes this.
  37. Zu-Klara

    Zu-Klara SIEBEN SIEBEN!

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    Messages:
    22,798
    I’m still aghast that this got through. It’s absolutely VILE!
     
    Alla likes this.
  38. dmlaw

    dmlaw Democracy doesn't work

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2009
    Messages:
    8,552
    At least making it to the final gives her one more chance to fall off the big chair and make everyone's night.
     
    Alla and Zu-Klara like this.
  39. Zu-Klara

    Zu-Klara SIEBEN SIEBEN!

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2009
    Messages:
    22,798
  40. Win_the_game

    Win_the_game PAZZESKA

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2009
    Messages:
    10,186
    Leonora: Face of Hate deserves a boot up the cunt for inflicting this atrocity on Europe.

    After enduring that saccharine shower last night, it's no wonder folk turn to violent extremism.
     
    Zu-Klara likes this.

Share This Page