Desperate Housewives - Season 8

Discussion in 'Moopy TV' started by Johnkm, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

[​IMG]

Teri looks AWFUL :D It's like her face has been badly photoshopped onto someone elses body.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony User

Doesn't she just! I thought it was Felicity one first glance who had dyed her hair!

3. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

I think Teri must have upset someone to end up shoved in the corner looking like that. Actually that shot looks like Eva Longoria and her three ageing backing singers.

4. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

Teri's hand looks really awkwardly wrapped around Felicity's elbow

5. Jark

Jark campione

I never understand how people with big money to play throw such rubbish photoshop hatchet jobs out there, I could do better

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias User

It's a question that applies to most areas of GRAPHICALNESS in life. Who can forget the DIRE photoshopping for ANY Girls Aloud release. That 'Out of Control' cover is on a whole other level of DODGE.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix Brown Cow...STUNNING

Compared to this, I think they look fine.

[​IMG]

8. Diddy

Diddy Rice Queen

:D Eva looks like a SQUID

9. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

They've always had pretty rubbish promo shots to be fair.

10. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

The more I look at Teri's hand the more is gets worse. Have they seriously tried to make it look like it's wrapped around Felicity's?

11. Jark

Jark campione

:D I love that one! Though I never could quite understand why Katherine appears to be clutching a Dualit toaster.

12. Phoenix

I always thought it was a fondue pot.

13. dmlaw

dmlaw Democracy doesn't work

I had somehow not noticed the hand. It looks Thing from The Addams Family.

14. Phoenix

Slightly better promo pic

[​IMG]

Also there's a clip going around.

15. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

They all look much better there.

(the more you look at the hand in the first shot the creepier it gets!)

16. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Not quite sure Marcia is squatting in that shot, but yeah they all look much better.

17. PercyPig

PercyPig The Last of Us

Poor one legged Felicity :(

18. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

:D Maybe they try and subtly add in some body peculiarity in to each promo shot for her afterwards :D

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias User

Reading some of the plot infos for the first few episodes makes me think this will be another FUCKING SHIT series.

Honestly what happened to this show? Marc Cherry STRIKING his best character whilst the show is FALLING TO SHIT and LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW :(

20. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Did anyone watch the first episode? I felt it was a step up from last season, not close to the 'good old days' but it was amusing and not quite as predictable as some of the stuff in S7.

That said, as soon as Bree got the blue envelope, it was quite obvious it was going to say ''I Know what you did, it makes me sick, I'm going to tell'' which I think is quite clever and a nice link between S1 and now, hopefully it isn't pissed away with rubbish writing.

21. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

I did think it was back on form; and thought the moments of getting rid of the car were just hilarious!

Not sure how much I'm liking the overall big plot as I got a bit fed up watching Dirty Pretty Liars doing that sort of arc.

22. Jark

Jark campione

Oh my god. After a good first episode this season has become a TERMINAL BORE. The women don't seem to have a single storyline between them!

23. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Episode 3 was the absolute worst episode of the show I've ever seen. Episode 4 was a bit of a step up with the Gabby PTA stuff, but that was offset by the ridiculous sex swing stuff and Susan's 'ART'.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  24. Jark

Jark campione

I thought Susan's art was the best bit because it at least linked in what happened to Gaby's uncle and how Susan's feeling. The PTA stuff was amusing but pure filler. Even when an episode is this dull I still find myself laughing out loud a few times but my GOD it's the final season, how hard is it to cook up a few storylines and give the show a suitable send off? The ATMOSPHERE is completely gone. Watching the first season back there were always people milling around in the street, not just the women and their families but Edie, Martha, Felicia, Karen McClusky, there was a real sense that this was a community which has been totally DECIMATED now.

25. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

I thought the PTA stuff was great I hope that it continues to be as amusing

The rest was ok but find the Lynette stuff quite a drag now

26. Phoenix

Oh i'm glad everyone hated episode 3, i just started watching this and after two rather funny episodes i thought they might be on the right track and then Lynette was back to being a super cunt and the gay guy was so shrill and annoying that i had to stop the episode and vent.

Gabby and Bree in the car was the first time i laughed at this show in ages.

27. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden User

Gaby has been hilarious this season. Eva Langoria needs to do a comedy/sitcom after DH ends.

28. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

I'm afraid to say I've given up with this, at least for now. I'll catch up before the finale hopefully, but after a decent first couple of episodes it really went to utter shit and I lost the will to LIVE watching episodes 5 and 6.

29. Jark

Jark campione

:( I never understand how so many amazing series lose the plot so violently.

30. Halli

Halli Queen Nat - The Voice

She's at the right age for a few romantic comedies ala Jennifer Aniston I reckon. Will be interesting to see what she does after this.

31. Jacques

Jacques doing it for my lover

It's been rather good again since then, especially from the fall finale onwards.

32. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Oh well I will catch up at some point, I'm just not sure another episode of Lynette being a cunt and Susan freaking out over what they did/having YET ANOTHER FUCKING 'moment' with the art teacher is something I need right now.

33. Rhythmbarbican

Rhythmbarbican User

Is anyone still watching? Channel 4 appear to have shoved it into a graveyard slot but I still enjoy it but it's getting to a beyond ridiculous stage now. Felicity Huffman remains the best thing about this, along with the terribly underused Vanessa Williams.

34. Sheena

Sheena MAKE IT QUICK, LUCILLE!

I have been enjoying it for what it is but yes, they've CLEARLY given up on it and aren't that bothered. The plot is LUDICROUS and some of the "comedy" stuff really jars with me. It never USED to be a comedy at all so why they've made it that way, I don't know...

I couldn't give a FUCK about Susan and the art teacher, that has to be the most BORING storyling EVER, and yes, Vanessa Williams is FRIGHTFULLY underused- they keep just elbowing her into scenes and she's never REALLY had a major plotline since she arrived on the show, particularly compared to other "temporary" housewives. It's bizarre. The fact they've made her a carbon copy of Wilhemina Slater shows they don't know what to do with her really. I also really don't get the rubbish "scary" policeman and why they bothered bringing in that Australian guy considering what they add- particularly the latter, couldn't Mike have just been involved in a project involving the woods or something- might actually give HIM something to do for the first time since the first series?

It's a shame, there's actually still MUCH MILEAGE left in the show

35. Phoenix

i like rubbish scary policeman, he's hot. i still haven't watched anything since the break but i'm thinking i'll just watch the last three episodes and spare myself.

36. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden User

I need to watch the latest episode yet. This season is a bit shit so I'm glad they're ending it.

37. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

APPARENTLY things are picking up a little over the last couple of episodes, but I'm so far behind now I might not bother until its done and just watch it back to back.

38. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

A few old faces are back; Orson in particular I cannot stand and was very pleased when he fucked off last time but now he's back FFS!

39. Jacques

Jacques doing it for my lover

The latest US pace episode was my favourite in a long time and Susan has suddenly become really good. Glad they already announced it as the final season from the start though, at the current ratings level it would likely have been cancelled anyway :(

40. Jark

Jark campione

In a drama FAR MORE INTERESTING than anything this sinking ship can muster, Nicollette Sheridan's (Edie) lawsuit against Marc Cherry goes to court this week. :disco: She's suing for $4.2m (a year's wages) on account of unfair termination. She alleges she was axed because she told ABC execs that Marc Cherry had hit her (he admits he did 'lightly strike' her), he denies it and says the story was always planned to play out that way, but another producer who was working on the show then claims Cherry said he wanted to kill her off because of his issues with her. All of the cast except Teri Hatcher are being called to witness.

I HOPE SHE WINS.