Diana Vickers dropped

Discussion in 'Reality Bites' started by Suomi, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Suomi

Suomi Super Moderator

'X Factor' Diana Vickers exits record label RCA

Diana Vickers has announced that she has parted company with her record label RCA.

The former X Factor contestant confirmed the news in a statement posted on her Tumblr blog. Vickers signed to the label in early 2009 after coming fourth in Simon Cowell's ITV1 competition.

Vickers wrote: "I just want to let you know what the crack is at the moment down in the Vickers camp. Myself and RCA have decided to part company, purely based on a creative level. I will always be really thankful for the time we've spent together and the support they've given me.

"But, I've grown up a lot since the first album and whilst the past couple years have been a lot of fun and a great success, I'm now ready to take a wander down a different, very exciting path! In order to grow, this change has to be made."

Vickers is currently working on the follow-up to her chart-topping debut album Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree.

"I'm so proud of where the second album is right now and I'm counting down the minutes until it's all ready and you guys can finally hear it," the 19-year-old said of her second collection. "I've been having the best time over the past six months - being creative, working with so many inspirational people, falling in love with LA and growing as an artist."

> Diana Vickers: 'I really believe in my new album'

Meanwhile, a source told The Sun "A deal has been struck between her management and RCA to give Diana back the handful of songs she's already recorded. It puts her in a strong position to negotiate a new deal now."

While Vickers topped the UK singles chart with debut single 'Once', follow-ups 'The Boy Who Murdered Love' and 'My Wicked Heart' charted at number 36 and 16 respectively.

It was previously revealed that Alexandra Burke - who competed alongside Vickers on the 2008 series of The X Factor - had joined RCA after leaving Cowell's Syco label.

2. Shirley

Shirley ROCK to the RHYTHM with ME

YEAH RIGHT :manson:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  3. Jark

Jark User

:manson:

4. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

GOD WHAT A CUNT

5. Apocalypt Flyer

Apocalypt Flyer spheres

6. POP!

POP! Across that county line

I haven't listened to her album in about a year so I can't say I'm that fussed either but all three singles (yes, even "My Wicked Heart") are rather good and album tracks "Hit" and "Put It Back Together" are genuine 10/10 moments, she will be MISSED

Would you guys rather have Cher Lloyd giving us the gift of music over Diana?

7. Kratz

Kratz Pearl in the shell.

'Once' is brilliant, but beyond that who cares.

8. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

I'd rather they were BOTH DEAD.

9. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

They should both be EXPUNGED by whatever is the most painful method possible.

10. Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony

Nathalie Tauziat's Analpony User

Once was great, but I very much put that down to the song and the video rather than any of the input Diana Vickers put in herself (ie. vocally)

Can't say I'm too fussed really

11. Loufoque

Loufoque CONTINENTAL QUEEN

Always hated this bitch

FLUSH and FLUSH AGAIN to get rid of any SKID MARKS

12. dUb

dUb GLOBAL

A friend of mine was squashed up against her on the tube last night, got into a conversation with her wherein he acted like she was just some RANDOM BITCH

Which LET'S FACE IT

13. Loufoque

If ever there was a bitch worth NUDGING onto the TRACKS

14. Whatevar

Whatevar WOOF

HURRAH

15. Iguana

Iguana One two CHA CHA CHA

I oddly really liked My Wicked Heart, but I generally can't stand her voice.

16. Alex

Alex Go fish

I became worryingly addicted to "The Boy Who Murdered Love" :shy:

17. Jark

Jark User

I will give her the marvellous My Hip and the rather lovely You'll Never Get To Heaven

Those aside she can SCOOT!

18. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

Once was quite good, but I'd have preferred it if it had been Cathy Dennis' comeback single AS ORIGINALLY INTENDED.

19. Tetris-Rock

Tetris-Rock TRAY UP, BITCH

I liked all of her singles ("My Wicked Heart" and "The Boy Who Murdered Love" especially) but she can GET TEH FUCK, as they say in some corners of Scotland.

20. FetchFugly

FetchFugly closing in again

The Boy Who Murdered Love was a great song that would have been even better if it wasn't sung by THAT VOICE.

21. Raining On Me

Raining On Me Jesus Loves Winners

Oh "My Hip" is wonderful. It would never have taken off but like quite a lot of that album it was a bit of a different pop song to what's out there. The whole thing was really well put together all in all.

It's a bit of a Joe McElderry situation in that as a popstar they really can FUCK OFF (and in Diana's case is quite a hateful little cunt), but the material was surprisingly STELLAR, more so for her. I have no idea what happened to "The Boy Who Murdered Love". People just didn't CARE.

My Wicked Heart was DRIVEL though. Every song on the original album was better...

22. Chlammy

Chlammy So hey, let's be friends.

TBWML would have done super-well had it not come immediately after 'Once', 'cause it's essentially just a better version of that song.

Diana is aiight, and her album had some great songs. I loved her back on The X Factor, particularly her first four weeks. Y'all hate her now, but you know you loved "With or Without You" and "Man in the Mirror".

Perhaps she'll do some more musical theatre.

23. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

Very true. That's essentially the problem I had with the album too, there are good songs on it, but unlike in the case of TBWML they aren't good enough to make up for her awful voice.

24. Jark

Jark User

:| GRIM

Maybe Y'ALL should take your UNTRUTHS elsewhere

25. Loufoque

I ALWAYS hated this cunt! She's as bad now as she was during her XF audition!

26. Chlammy

Mary Byrne went through something similar. Everyone was going on about how she was the worst thing out by week four, but I'll be damned if her first live performance didn't bring you to orgasm.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  27. Mugatu

Mugatu User

Once was fabulous and I could TOLERATE her to a degree, but I'm not particularly shocked. It is strange to see an artist with a #1 single and album dropped so quickly though.

28. Mugatu

Mugatu User

There's nothing wrong with a bit of MASOCHISM. :eyes:

29. Jark

Jark User

Are you cruising for a bruising?

30. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

Tesco Mary was LEAGUES ahead of this bitch! Never a pop star obviously, but at least she didn't sound like an asthmatic chipmunk.

She sings like the kid in the wheelchair from Malcolm In The Middle talks.

31. Christian

Christian GOOD BYE!

Dropped off of BEACHY HEAD one hopes.

What a TOTAL CUNT and THEN SOME.

32. monsta

monsta CAUGHT YOUR FEVER

Mr Andie McPhee disagrees with this ENTIRE post.

33. Chlammy

Truth.

34. POP!

POP! Across that county line

PopJustice raves about some new recordings that we'll hear in 2012

35. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

Oh i completely missed all this. Poor Diana. I never QUITE got why she was a cunt, but then i did miss most of her X Factor series. During the promo she always came across as a nice enough girl sadly afflicted by a VERY ANNOYING SINGING VOICE, to me. I really rather liked her three singles in a 'decent songs ruined by her shlurpy vocals' kind of way. Jumping Into Rivers, too (the only non-single i think i heard).

I always felt that The Boy Who Murdered Love was slightly doomed when it launched the day after the Cumbrian gun massacre. The chorus was NOT what a nation reeling from a mass shooting needed to hear. I actually preferred it to Once. It certainly didn't deserve to chart 30-odd places beneath it.

36. TurnerPrize

TurnerPrize time to dance

I just absentmindedly read that post back to myself and thought it was loomer :disco:

37. VoR

VoR Forever in our hearts #Justice4Barb

She was unspeakably awful on X Factor. Properly dreadful.

38. Jark

Jark User

I think I have realised in retrospect that she was not a cunt as I'd thought, just an awkward teenage girl who adopted some really bad habits and off-putting cutesy shtick (probably on the advice of somebody working on The X Factor). And then there was the claw. But no, not a cunt.

39. Johnkm

Johnkm Valar Morghulis

She was awful on The X Factor, WHY did she not wear shoes? WHAT was the claw all about? And she has an incredibly slappable face.

40. Chlammy

Everyone loved her at first. Then she got sick and became an easy target, especially given that Rachel Hylton had peaked with the "Dannii don't know how to choose songs for me!" thing. Then she hooked up with Eoghan and she became public enemy number one.

But no, Diana Vickers was NEVER a cunt. She was hardly a Cher Lloyd.