Do you feel your age?

Discussion in 'Moopy Moop' started by Ag, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ag

Ag User

I haveto say on the cusp of 35, I think I feel like I should... as the interest in home deco, white goods and gardening is on the up, while I still have a ridiculously immature sense of humour.

Mind you, the aches and pain of the late 20s, early 30s seem to have faded, although the metabolism has definitely slowed down...

2. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I'm feeling a bit younger than my years at the moment, in stark contrast to the last few years. I'm feeling relatively fit and healthy, partying a bit more, have made a few younger friends from work...

I don't really think too much about my age at the moment. I'm just enjoying life, a lot.

3. Ag

Ag User

Kinda the same. I haven't been thinking about, just a friends parent made a comment to me the other day... I have friends younger than I've had for YEARS, mainly due to work and uni, some of whom I don't detest for being so young.

4. RobotBoy

RobotBoy BANG BANG

I've broken my golden rule about hanging out with people born in the 90s.

5. Ag

Ag User

As they are now 25, it would only end up limiting you. I know people born after Diana died.

6. Floppet

Floppet Spider murderer

Most of the time I don't feel my age and still have the sense of humour of a 12 year old boy. I often forget how old I am and more than once have been taken aback by my reflection in the mirror, I feel sad that my reflection will just continue getting older and I can never get that girl back who used to cartwheel across the A6 at 3am. I still do cartwheels with my niece but they make me feel all discombobulated nowadays. Oh and my eyes are deteriorating rapidly, I have to use a magnifying glass at work for tiny writing now (even when I'm wearing my glasses) and they all take the piss out of me for it.

Quite frankly I don't much like it.

7. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Just turned 25, and when I think about how long it's been since high school, I feel ill :D I don't feel like I've matured since then very much at all, and I'm okay with that. I feel like I tried too hard to be a "real" adult too quickly - dropping out of uni and going into full time office jobs etc. Now I'm back at uni/working casual (still in an office), I feel younger now than I did when I was 19. I guess I did things a bit backwards in that respect.

Other the other hand, in some ways I feel a bit "ahead" of my other friends of the same age, most of whom still live with either parents or in share houses. My bf and I have our own apartment (rented, so not exactly "ours" but at least it isn't shared) and I've managed to expel most of the high school-esque drama that still follows some of my other friends around constantly.

8. Marilyn

Marilyn User

One of the things I like most about my life right now is that I can go out and be a mess and then come home to a stable home environment where I'm in control. My life is neither a total party or a total bore, so it's kind of the best of both worlds

9. That One

That One User

YES. I have been kind of forced to stop going out drinking now, but I'm kind of not bothered anyway. I would cry if I had one night IN in 99/00 but even before my recent health issues I found 2 nights on the trot so hard due to much worse hangovers. I can't believe I used to go out until 4am then go to work the next day - the thought of doing that now is horrific.

The other day I found myself listening to Radio 2 and planning walks in the country.

10. Ag

Ag User

I don't know whether I was early or late in such things, but I've been on those for a while!

11. Dr Lecter

Dr Lecter HAS BEEN

No and I really should I'm 38 in two months .

12. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

Physically I do. I'm at that age where I'm still capable of running for the bus or whatever, but the after effects mean it probably isn't wise. And it's also like my body is no longer capable of working for me 24/7. I can function fine throughout the working day, can get home and make dinner or whatever, but as soon as I sit down after that it's like my body starts to go on strike. Every movement is accompanied by groans and minor pain until I go to bed.

13. Shirley

Shirley BIG-HEARTED BUNNY

OOH ME CORNS

Tell me about it

Some days I feel vaguely sprightly but most days I feel quite

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  14. Indie

Indie Go away, Wesley

Certainly from a 'ooh look at the young' point of view. I'm going to Leeds Festival this year, for the 16th time. That means some people there may not have been born when i went to the first one. Ha.

From a body point of view, not really. I don't get aches and pains and i'm fairly fit and healthy.

15. lolly

lolly Rowena? From Kuwait?

I'm sat here just about to rub arnica gel into my knees and ankles :D

16. Star

Star Homo Secretary (OB)

Physically no, but mentally sometimes yes. I think it's more at work where there are more younger people than me. Back in the day I was the one organising all the nights out and now they still happen but I don't even get invited. I actually don't mind because I am more content with life than ever before. But yes, I'd rather a walk in the country these days too!

17. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

I go through phases but mostly I feel younger than 27. I still love to party and I missed out on a LOT of stuff when I was younger (alcohol, relationships) which I'm starting to discover now so inevitably I'd feel 'younger'. Meanwhile, I DO think that adolescence and teenhood are all extremely extremely artificial these days. Teens are almost DICTATED what's 'young' and what's not, which in turn dictates how 'young' WE feel. I'm glad I didn't start drinking until 2 YEARS AGO because Lord knows what it would've been like at SIXTEEN.

Anyways, I think it's all about HOW you do it and WHO you do it with that differentiates between people are are desperate to recapture their 'youth' and the people who are actually just genuinely joyful.

18. Marilyn

Marilyn User

Why didn't you start drinking until 2 years ago? Were you MORMON?

19. KindaCool

KindaCool KayCee

THE NERVE!

No, it's probably because I didn't have any drinking friends at school. At university, video games, reading and catching up with friends over a coffee used to be enough to unwind. But after working full time in a demanding environment that kinda stuff just doesn't cut it anymore. I gotta go out and DO STUFF now. Therefore alcohol :D

20. Jætike

Jætike Gay horses eat hay

:Oi:

I feel a good five years older than 19. I'm not getting wrinkles and such, but my dressing screams Office Girl. I feel kiddy wearing a T-shirt and shorts again.

I don't often spend time doing teenaged things. The moment I was out of school I went back to teach at a private cram school again where I pretend to be Miss Jætike with years of teaching experience

21. Kalabaliken

Kalabaliken Pop Precision Since 1978

Socially I have definitely gotten older in the past few years. I used to go out drinking every single weekend and now I am lucky if it's every 6 weeks or so. I still enjoy a night out but it's not something I want to do every weekend now, when I can remember from the ages of 18-25 I would never comprehend staying in on a Saturday evening. This is partly due to my body not being able to handle the excessive partying anymore. I'd much rather prefer dinner and drinks in a restaurant and pub than a night out clubbing. In fact apart from Eurovision I can't actually remember when I last went to a proper club.

22. big ron

big ron MOD

Ive just spent a week in a field throwing glitter at people. So no.

23. Steptacular

Steptacular User

Most people I hang about with were born in 1993 so I feel 22.

24. Kate

Kate most die in your bedroom

Only when I have a DREADFUL HANGOVER or am surrounded by YOOF

Another one of my friends has just got up the duff. I'm delighted for her as she was desperate for it but there goes another one off the nights-out-getting-pissed list :(

25. octophone

octophone ADMIN, bitches!!

I've just turned 42 and I feel younger than I did 10 years ago. But then again, I am effectively going through puberty again, which makes me about 13.

*slams door, plays "Meat Is Murder" at unsociable volume*